PA-Muhlenberg: Casey dominating Republican challengers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:47:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  PA-Muhlenberg: Casey dominating Republican challengers
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Muhlenberg: Casey dominating Republican challengers  (Read 1790 times)
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2018, 05:25:47 PM »

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/capitol-ideas/mc-nws-morning-call-muhlenberg-pennsylvania-poll-governor-senate-20180411-story.html

Casey (D) - 48
Barletta (R) - 32

Casey (D) - 48
Christiana (R) - 29

Other tidbits:

Trump below water on approval 39-55
Democrats lead congressional generic ballot 47-38
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/capitol-ideas/mc-nws-morning-call-muhlenberg-pennsylvania-poll-governor-senate-20180411-story.html

Casey (D) - 48
Barletta (R) - 32

Casey (D) - 48
Christiana (R) - 29

Other tidbits:

Trump below water on approval 39-55
Democrats lead congressional generic ballot 47-38

Too rosy on Casey and the approval, but I do predict a bloodbath with the congressional seats.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 05:47:42 PM »

I'm surprised Barletta's even at 32%...or that Casey's already at 48%. I would've thought this race would be something like 45-30 right now...with most of the undecided's being Democrats who broke for Trump in 2016.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2018, 07:00:02 PM by PittsburghSteel »

The environment, Casey's fundraising numbers, and these polls all show us that this race is not competitive.

The Democrats are going to sweep all the completive house races. PA10 is going to be very close.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 10:05:47 PM »

Nice!
mds32
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 12:53:50 PM »

I do want to say if you can't do a poll of 500+ voters within 2-3 days then don't do it at all.

Quite literally many different events and issues can occur in Pennsylvania or the world in general for 8 days and ruin polls. People's attitudes can change. Advertisements for the GOP Governor race for instance have only just started to go up in the last week for instance. I believe the Democrats are leading almost certainly. But not by 48-32 margins. This is the same crap that occurred with Corbett's Governor race too. Democrats then ended up only barely winning by 10 in a race they were supposed to win by +25 from the "polls." Either treat PA like every other state and poll it within 2-3 days and have a nice sample or don't do it at all.
- End rant.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 01:19:11 PM »

Safe D, largely since Barletta seems not to be fundraising or campaigning.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 01:42:13 PM »

I do want to say if you can't do a poll of 500+ voters within 2-3 days then don't do it at all.

Quite literally many different events and issues can occur in Pennsylvania or the world in general for 8 days and ruin polls. People's attitudes can change. Advertisements for the GOP Governor race for instance have only just started to go up in the last week for instance. I believe the Democrats are leading almost certainly. But not by 48-32 margins. This is the same crap that occurred with Corbett's Governor race too. Democrats then ended up only barely winning by 10 in a race they were supposed to win by +25 from the "polls." Either treat PA like every other state and poll it within 2-3 days and have a nice sample or don't do it at all.
- End rant.

This post shows...
1. an inability to understand how public opinion shifts
2. an inability to understand how polling works
2. delusion and anger at the fact that republicans are going to get walloped in Pennsylvania in november
4. utter falsification of how the 2014 pa gubernatorial race went (The average of the last six polls for that race was Wolf+10... exactly what the final margin was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_gubernatorial_election,_2014#Polling_3)
mds32
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 02:06:25 PM »

I'll cede 4. The other 3 that you stated are completely wrong. Polling NORMALLY should be done within 2-3 days to get an accurate snap shot of the electorate regardless. Public opinion shifts naturally, however, no one sees that public opinion shifts if your poll is a 8 to sometimes 14 days long, why? Because the likelihood many major events can happen in such a time period goes up astronomically and can effect what the responses will be.

Delusional? Hardly I am well aware the GOP is in for a tough election, any Republican that doesn't think that is probably not with it. What's delusional is that you have to write a post to try and put people down and be rude because I am simply complaining that PA cannot get accurate snapshot polls like PPP, Marist, or Quinnipiac on a regular basis and instead we are left with this GARBAGE.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 03:55:41 PM »

I'll cede 4. The other 3 that you stated are completely wrong. Polling NORMALLY should be done within 2-3 days to get an accurate snap shot of the electorate regardless. Public opinion shifts naturally, however, no one sees that public opinion shifts if your poll is a 8 to sometimes 14 days long, why? Because the likelihood many major events can happen in such a time period goes up astronomically and can effect what the responses will be.

Delusional? Hardly I am well aware the GOP is in for a tough election, any Republican that doesn't think that is probably not with it. What's delusional is that you have to write a post to try and put people down and be rude because I am simply complaining that PA cannot get accurate snapshot polls like PPP, Marist, or Quinnipiac on a regular basis and instead we are left with this GARBAGE.

Actually, public opinion rarely shifts so fast. I am genuinely not convinced that public opinion about the parties has changed at all since May of last year besides a slight uptick in Jan for the gop. Special elections have had basically the same big shift for dems no matter what happens. The week Conor Lamb won was a very triumphant one for the gop and they still got shellshocked
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 08:58:33 PM »

hilariously Lou Barletta is going to do worse than a guy who was pretty close to a rando in 2012 did against Bob Casey.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 08:59:04 PM »

hilariously Lou Barletta is going to do worse than a guy who was pretty close to a rando in 2012 did against Bob Casey.

Mark my words: Casey is going to win by double digits.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:22 PM »

That rando had a ton of money.
mds32
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 04:24:48 PM »

And I think he died tbh.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 07:20:11 AM »

And I think he died tbh.

Wow, I didn't know that. RIP.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies