No endorsement in MN-08
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  No endorsement in MN-08
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: No endorsement in MN-08  (Read 2264 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2018, 05:38:21 PM »

Only three more ballots to go. Its not going to happen.

However Nolan has endorsed Joe Radinovich.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 05:40:48 PM »

Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »

I've ranted enough about this race today, so I'll spare Atlas of my diatribes against Nolan, Frey, Kennedy, and Radinovich. Godspeed Phifer, you'll need it for the August primary.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »

I've ranted enough about this race today, so I'll spare Atlas of my diatribes against Nolan, Frey, Kennedy, and Radinovich. Godspeed Phifer, you'll need it for the August primary.

Apparently progressives aren't too excited about a former ICE deporter, who knew?
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »

Apparently progressives aren't too excited about a former ICE deporter, who knew?

I don't think that there's anything wrong with working as an ICE agent, just like how I don't blame the individual soldiers for fighting in wars that kill countless innocents and ruin the lives of even more.

Like it or not, unless we completely open up our borders, somebody has to do what ICE does. We can talk all about disbanding ICE, but its duties will just be transferred along to another federal agency.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 05:55:16 PM »

I don't think that there's anything wrong with working as an ICE agent, just like how I don't blame the individual soldiers for fighting in wars that kill countless innocents and ruin the lives of even more.

Like it or not, unless we completely open up our borders, somebody has to do what ICE does. We can talk all about disbanding ICE, but its duties will just be transferred along to another federal agency.

That doesn't mean we need to send someone who worked for them to Congress. Especially with a strong proven politically experienced. progressive as an alternative.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 06:00:36 PM »

That doesn't mean we need to send someone who worked for them to Congress. Especially with a strong proven politically experienced. progressive as an alternative.

I think sending an ICE agent to Congress wouldn't be the worst thing ever to happen. Having somebody who has actually had to sign off on the warrant of deportations and see how immigration laws actually affect families would be nice for a change.

I liked Radinovich before this whole mess of a caucus, but his brand of politics is trash. No more backroom deals, no more dirty politicking, and no more untruthful smears against fellow Democrats. His whole smear campaign against Phifer seems eerily similar to Lipinski's awful attacks against Newman.

This tweet is basically how I feel about Phifer working for ICE.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 06:20:26 PM »

I think most people are worried more about Phifer's environmentalist stance than her past working for the ICE.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »

I think most people are worried more about Phifer's environmentalist stance than her past working for the ICE.

You'd be surprised. People are treating her like she personally dragged away a hundred kids into Mexico.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »

I support Radinovich cuz Phifer's environmental stances makes them far more likely to lose.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 06:31:58 PM »

Why is ICE an issue in a 93% white district thats only 2% Hispanic?
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 06:34:24 PM »

Why is ICE an issue in a 93% white district thats only 2% Hispanic?

All the Minneapolis pols came to support Radinovich.

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 06:42:11 PM »

Radinovich is better but I don’t have any real problems with Phifer tbh.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 06:46:30 PM »

The parties picking a preferred candidate is a terrible way to run things.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 06:53:28 PM »

I think sending an ICE agent to Congress wouldn't be the worst thing ever to happen. Having somebody who has actually had to sign off on the warrant of deportations and see how immigration laws actually affect families would be nice for a change.

I liked Radinovich before this whole mess of a caucus, but his brand of politics is trash. No more backroom deals, no more dirty politicking, and no more untruthful smears against fellow Democrats. His whole smear campaign against Phifer seems eerily similar to Lipinski's awful attacks against Newman.

This tweet is basically how I feel about Phifer working for ICE.

Yes, because Obama was so great on immigration issues.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 07:17:28 PM »

I support Radinovich cuz Phifer's environmental stances makes them far more likely to lose.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 07:33:45 PM »

If Nolan is supporting Radinovich I'm happy supporting him. Nolan is a solid progressive in my book.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 08:20:15 PM »

So Phifer went from running a hopeless campaign to beat Nolan in a primary to now being the frontrunner to be the nom? How did this happen? Never really seen someone with so few ties rise that fast.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 08:25:56 PM »

So Phifer went from running a hopeless campaign to beat Nolan in a primary to now being the frontrunner to be the nom? How did this happen? Never really seen someone with so few ties rise that fast.

What makes Phifer the frontrunner? He didn't get the endorsement today.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 08:34:57 PM »

Well obviously Nolan dropping out might've played a role...

And I wouldn't call her the frontrunner. Radinovich has the connections needed in this district.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 08:35:59 PM »

ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 08:54:35 PM »

The parties picking a preferred candidate is a terrible way to run things.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2018, 09:09:01 PM »

Would you be willing to vote for a veteran of the Stasi in Germany? For a police veteran whose career spanned through Apartheid in South Africa?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 09:19:59 PM »

Phifer isn't the frontrunner. She is opposed by labour in a labour-heavy district and now she seems to have lost a big chunk of progressives too because of her work at ICE.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 09:24:12 PM »

likely d with radonovich, tossup/tilt  w/phifer
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies