No endorsement in MN-08
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:29:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  No endorsement in MN-08
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: No endorsement in MN-08  (Read 2287 times)
Tartarus Sauce
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »

Is running the more progressive candidate really the best idea for this district? It’s trending rapidly away from the Democrats; Nolan only barely held on in 2014 and 2016. Plus, it’s almost certain to take in more conservative territory after the next round of redistricting eliminates a Minnesota seat. Phifer might be a better fit for the direction this district is heading.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 11:09:08 AM »

Looks like a clown-car primary. Metsa is officially running in the primary, and Michelle Lee already said she would run in the primary even before the no-endorsement vote. No news from Kristen Kennedy's team, but it wouldn't be surprising if she jumped back in the race.

Radinovich, Metsa, and Kennedy will share the same pro-mining voter base, while Phifer and Lee will split the support of the pro-environmentalism voter base, so we'll see what happens.

Nolan retracted his endorsement for Radinovich, as he said the endorsement was only in place between Radinovich and Phifer.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2018, 11:19:57 AM »

Wait, I seem to have misunderstood, I thought Phifer was the less enivironmentally conscious individual, but now it seems to be the other way around. Her record working at ICE seems to piss off the progressives but probably helps her with all the non-progressives in the district. Now I’m not sure who’s actually the most progressive candidate in the district or who would fit the constituency (and more conservative post-redistricting constituency) best.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 11:21:30 AM »

Wait, I seem to have misunderstood, I thought Phifer was the less enivironmentally conscious individual, but now it seems to be the other way around. Her record working at ICE seems to piss off the progressives but probably helps her with all the non-progressives in the district. Now I’m not sure who’s actually the most progressive candidate in the district and who would fit the constituency (and more conservative post-redistricting constituency) best.

To be honest, her record at ICE is mainly just pissing off DFL activists in Minneapolis, not MN-08. Literally just one of Phifer's 80-something delegates defected after the Latino caucus spiel against Phifer.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 12:04:36 PM »

Is running the more progressive candidate really the best idea for this district? It’s trending rapidly away from the Democrats; Nolan only barely held on in 2014 and 2016. Plus, it’s almost certain to take in more conservative territory after the next round of redistricting eliminates a Minnesota seat. Phifer might be a better fit for the direction this district is heading.

I mean this is literally the type of district Bernie would have outperformed Hillary in.

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »

I mean this is literally the type of district Bernie would have outperformed Hillary in.

bernie would have easily carried the district, as he clearly had better credentials then trump when it comes to fighting for workers. I'd guess he even wins it by more than he wins mn
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 01:05:18 PM »

Nolan was a Bernie supporter, IIRC. And like YE said, Bernie absolutely would've outperformed Hillary in this district.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2018, 02:37:05 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2018, 04:43:54 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

Looks like a clown-car primary. Metsa is officially running in the primary, and Michelle Lee already said she would run in the primary even before the no-endorsement vote. No news from Kristen Kennedy's team, but it wouldn't be surprising if she jumped back in the race.

Radinovich, Metsa, and Kennedy will share the same pro-mining voter base, while Phifer and Lee will split the support of the pro-environmentalism voter base, so we'll see what happens.

Nolan retracted his endorsement for Radinovich, as he said the endorsement was only in place between Radinovich and Phifer.

Metsa denied yesterday the rumors that he will run in the primary. Did he change his mind today?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2018, 04:06:53 PM »

Metsa denied yesterday the rumors that he will run in the primary. Did he changed his mind today?
you know he did Tongue
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2018, 04:29:18 PM »

Would you be willing to vote for a veteran of the Stasi in Germany? For a police veteran whose career spanned through Apartheid in South Africa?

LOL.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2018, 10:48:04 PM »

I've ranted enough about this race today, so I'll spare Atlas of my diatribes against Nolan, Frey, Kennedy, and Radinovich. Godspeed Phifer, you'll need it for the August primary.

Apparently progressives aren't too excited about a former ICE deporter, who knew?

I don't think that there's anything wrong with working as an ICE agent, just like how I don't blame the individual soldiers for fighting in wars that kill countless innocents and ruin the lives of even more.

Like it or not, unless we completely open up our borders, somebody has to do what ICE does. We can talk all about disbanding ICE, but its duties will just be transferred along to another federal agency.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2018, 10:57:10 PM »

I've ranted enough about this race today, so I'll spare Atlas of my diatribes against Nolan, Frey, Kennedy, and Radinovich. Godspeed Phifer, you'll need it for the August primary.

Apparently progressives aren't too excited about a former ICE deporter, who knew?

I don't think that there's anything wrong with working as an ICE agent, just like how I don't blame the individual soldiers for fighting in wars that kill countless innocents and ruin the lives of even more.

Like it or not, unless we completely open up our borders, somebody has to do what ICE does. We can talk all about disbanding ICE, but its duties will just be transferred along to another federal agency.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies