Chicago Tribune: Donald Trump's presidency is collapsing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:05:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chicago Tribune: Donald Trump's presidency is collapsing
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chicago Tribune: Donald Trump's presidency is collapsing  (Read 1366 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2018, 01:23:53 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/huppke/ct-met-trump-comey-pee-tape-huppke-20180412-story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:31:40 PM »

What a time to be alive
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »

Not like Trump voters weren't told so.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 01:39:26 PM »

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »

Related to this, i found this news in a Portuguese newspaper: Trump ally confirms relationship with Playboy "bunny"

Is it true? I Googled about it and found almost nothing.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »

Seems overly optimistic.

For an actual President, yes, this would all be a disaster many times over. But Trump is not a President, nor does he have any interest in being one. His only interest is abusing the office he was given, while running a reality tv show. (And apparently serving Russian interests.)

Between the difficulty many groups are having grasping the horrifying reality, and the many he has successfully fooled, our nation has so far been unable to stop him.

The only question is whether Trump will turn out to be a poison (that may eventually be expelled or decay  on its own) or a cancer (that will spread and devour until the host dies or it is removed).
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 02:28:30 PM »

Seems overly optimistic.

For an actual President, yes, this would all be a disaster many times over. But Trump is not a President, nor does he have any interest in being one. His only interest is abusing the office he was given, while running a reality tv show. (And apparently serving Russian interests.)

Between the difficulty many groups are having grasping the horrifying reality, and the many he has successfully fooled, our nation has so far been unable to stop him.

The only question is whether Trump will turn out to be a poison (that may eventually be expelled or decay  on its own) or a cancer (that will spread and devour until the host dies or it is removed).

This is what I’m most concerned about.  Trump is terrible, but I’m more afraid of who might come next if we stay with the same kind of moron who has no business being in such a powerful position.

I mean, I like Weird Al...but I wouldn’t want him to be president.  Trump is likewise a joke, only he’s not a funny one. And the joke is on us.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 07:10:19 PM »

This has been true since January 2017.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 09:11:15 AM »

Yeah. This presidency has been absolute chaos.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 06:38:58 AM »

Seems overly optimistic.

This is what I’m most concerned about.  Trump is terrible, but I’m more afraid of who might come next if we stay with the same kind of moron who has no business being in such a powerful position.

I mean, I like Weird Al...but I wouldn’t want him to be president.  Trump is likewise a joke, only he’s not a funny one. And the joke is on us.

Yep, this.

Trump is at least incompetent, for the most part. But this administration was a test balloon. Trump's corruption is fairly obvious, and his crimes are easy to find because of his ineptitude. Now Republicans know what they can get away with, and the next corrupt leader won't be so readily spotted or anywhere near as inept.

I don't think it was s conspiracy to get him to this point, but once he got the nomination and then when the electoral college failed to do its job (seriously, this is the situation the electoral college was made for) and he got elected, they decided to play along and see how far they could go, because if someone this unqualified could help push the boundaries on what is acceptable, imagine how much more an actually skilled (but power-hungry and corrupt) politician could "accomplish" in the future.

Trump is scary enough, but it's the precedent he's setting that scares me the most.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies