NYGOP Chairman: No Primaries for NY in 2006.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:53:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYGOP Chairman: No Primaries for NY in 2006.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYGOP Chairman: No Primaries for NY in 2006.  (Read 2611 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2005, 01:31:50 PM »

From Politics1...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This just shows how much the NYGOP doesn't want Weld unfortunatly.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 02:10:20 PM »

I read about this yesterday and Im still confused. 
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 02:13:39 PM »

I read about this yesterday and Im still confused. 

No need to be confused. NY is ing retarded. Confusion over.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 07:10:01 PM »

I love NY Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 08:08:30 PM »

The NY Republican party doesn't believe in democracy. For the 1996 Presidential primary, a court ruled against their excessive requirements for getting on the ballot. Basically Pataki was hoping only Dole would be on the ballot.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 09:29:50 PM »

It is also statistically significant that they hate freedom.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 12:39:17 AM »

It almost seems like they know they have no chance against Spitzer & know Hillary wins in a landslide so why even bother with a primary
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 06:59:32 AM »

It almost seems like they know they have no chance against Spitzer & know Hillary wins in a landslide so why even bother with a primary

I highly doubt thats their logic. Their logic is probably that if they do it this way Weld has no chance of being the nominee because it will be party bosses and such that choose the nominee, they dislike him because he rose to power without relying on the NYGOP.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 07:11:25 AM »

I highly doubt thats their logic. Their logic is probably that if they do it this way Weld has no chance of being the nominee because it will be party bosses and such that choose the nominee, they dislike him because he rose to power without relying on the NYGOP.

The NY GOP is a bunch of nincompoops who have run the party into the ground.  This is a perfect example of their logic.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 08:41:02 AM »

I agree with Andrew, it's about killing the candidacy of Bill Weld.  They hold a hateful grudge against him because he isn't a prominent New York Republican.  It really doesn't make any difference as to the outcome of the Gubernatorial election, but it just is another example of the NYGOP digging their own grave.

The only guy that can save them from 20 years of ineptitude in the future is Rudy Giuliani.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 11:43:16 PM »

We'll never win in jew York again.  Period.  Strike three; game over.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 12:08:26 AM »

Why thank you King, for that witty statement......awkward silence.....

I admit I'm a partisan Democrat, but Weld is the kind of Republican I'd have no problem voting for. I only care about social issues, you can be as conservative on economics as you want, its all about the values to me. The fact that his own party sabotaged his federal nomination in the 90's shows that he is a bi-partisan figure who wouldn't force his own morals on his constituents like that scuzzy Mormon who's in MA now cough Romney cough.

I'd love a Weld vs. Spitzer race, both candidates would be great. It would make up for CT not having a competitive race next year.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 07:57:19 AM »

We'll never win in jew York again.  Period.  Strike three; game over.

SNL:

Connie Chung (dubed over voice): Mrs. Gingrich, what did your son Newt say about New York City?

Mrs. Gingrich:  I believe he called it "Heimy Town".

LOL classic
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 02:45:01 PM »

I'd love a Weld vs. Spitzer race, both candidates would be great. It would make up for CT not having a competitive race next year.

Actually Weld v. Spitzer wouldn't be close at all.  Polls show Spitzer winning by about 45% now (although alot of that's due to no name recognition for Weld).  Nevertheless I wouldn't think Weld could get within 20% by Nov. 2006.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 04:51:45 PM »

Actually Weld v. Spitzer wouldn't be close at all.  Polls show Spitzer winning by about 45% now (although alot of that's due to no name recognition for Weld).  Nevertheless I wouldn't think Weld could get within 20% by Nov. 2006.

In other years Weld might be a somewhat decent candidate with a shot, but the NY GOP is so badly damaged right now, this won't be close.  Weld will make it closer than others will, but its still going to be a very solid Spitzer win (around 20 points or so)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 05:13:39 PM »

In other years Weld might be a somewhat decent candidate with a shot, but the NY GOP is so badly damaged right now, this won't be close.  Weld will make it closer than others will, but its still going to be a very solid Spitzer win (around 20 points or so)

It won't be hard for Weld to distance himself from the NYGOP if he was to get the nomination.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 05:19:44 PM »

It won't be hard for Weld to distance himself from the NYGOP if he was to get the nomination.

Thing is guilty by association even if not directly connected that R next to him will hurt.  Just think of what has happened in recent years in Nassau County, where Republicans with little or no connection to Gullota & the GOP machine have suffered.  Or the recent loss in NY Assemblt district where the GOP candidate (whose name I'm drawing a blanlk on now) had no connections to the Crookhaven crowd, but the R next to his name (guilty by same party association) is what sunk him
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 07:32:23 PM »

Yeah it would be closer by election day. I meant that I personally would like a Weld/Spitzer race. Even if the NY GOP is divided, they would still get some semblance of an act together or else risk being out of power for a long time. I don't know if anyone more conservative than Pataki would ever stand a chance at winning anyway.

By the way, the NY GOP were the ones who tried to keep McCain off the primary ballot in 2000, they suck!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies