The world would be a better place if no one cared about the fate of others
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:25:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The world would be a better place if no one cared about the fate of others
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The world would be a better place if no one cared about the fate of others  (Read 307 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2018, 12:44:15 AM »
« edited: April 22, 2018, 01:12:29 AM by HillGoose »

If everyone looked out only for themselves and those who they get to know and deem to be worthy of their help, you wouldn't have this dumb tribalism and totalitarianism stuff. Because everyone would only be out to get everything they could for themselves and anyone who is useful to them.

If you don't think you're serving some stupid "greater good" that will help everyone because the King, or God, or the Fuhrer, or the Chairman said so, then we wouldn't have things like the Holocaust or the "Great Leap Forward" happen.

I think it's very upsetting that the government wants to place taxes on trade to keep jobs that technology should be allowed to annihilate. People with good ideas will make good money by closing the factories or whatever, and the government is trying to stop it in the name of altruism. Maybe those factory workers should be out to make as much $$$ as they can for themselves, rather than trying to make the successful people pay more in taxes to prop up their job that shouldn't exist anymore.

You should admire and strive to become one of the successful people. If you stop trying that makes you weak, and complaining about others trying to make themselves richer while you've stopped trying makes you entitled and a primitive collectivist.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 11:42:25 AM »

no im serious.

it bothers me that people think the government should support jobs that have no reason to exist anymore. i mean, do you think the Russians and Red Chinese will stop developing technology just because Americans refuse to let go of their stupid person jobs and learn new skills?

It will put America at a disadvantage.
Not a Partisan Hack ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Not a Partisan Thug
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 11:47:57 AM »

This is what happens when you take Ayn Rand too seriously. You neglect the welfare of others and pretend that our species are a bunch of selfish pricks.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 11:49:05 AM »

This is what happens when you take Ayn Rand too seriously. You neglect the welfare of others and pretend that our species are a bunch of selfish pricks.

i don't know about our species, but i know i am. im not ashamed of it either, no one can make me feel badly about looking out for myself, they did nothing for me.
Not a Partisan Hack ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Not a Partisan Thug
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 11:58:05 AM »

i don't know about our species, but i know i am. im not ashamed of it either, no one can make me feel badly about looking out for myself, they did nothing for me.

Yeah, Society totally did nothing to you.

I mean, come on? You are being kind of a hypocrite if your mother or some other parent didn’t help you at all.

Some services provided by your local taxes provide you with purified water. Your tax dollars help us with a well-equipped military to help us protect our nation. Your constitution protects the right to hold private property. Your tax dollars did something to help you, even if it wasn’t the best service. Not one person can do all these things at once, you know. Private monopoly is the closest thing to one person doing all the services for ou.

When people team up to take down something, such as forming a group or organization, such as unions, they do it because they know that the are much stronger than one person doing the work all by themselves.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 12:00:05 PM »

"No Man is an island entire of itself"
-John Donne

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length