Would you vote for a candidate running on the preceding platform?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:53:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you vote for a candidate running on the preceding platform?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Would you vote for a candidate running on the preceding platform?  (Read 2768 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 07:55:47 PM »

hell no.

would you vote for a candidate who wants to start a nuclear war for the memes lol?
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 04:00:47 PM »

No thanks lol

Lowering taxes, pro-life, pro-gay and trans rights, foreign policy hawk, pro-dug legalization, anti-death penalty, pro-prayer in schools
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2018, 04:09:12 PM »

No thanks.

Metric system with no Fahrenheit, election of House by MMP, term limits for Senators, weakening of Tenth Amendment, balanced budget.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »

Actually, I probably would.

What about a single-issue candidate who runs on abolishing the constitution and installing a military dictatorship? note that they agree with you on every other policy issue, so you would see many things happening that you'd love.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 12:01:07 PM »

Progressive populism for the proletariat? Count me in.

Promise too instill a anarchistic state and free weed universally.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 09:50:48 PM »

Probably not

- Believes in a flat tax
- Supports legal weed
- Doesn't support environmental regulations
- Believes the Constitution is outdated, would disregard the parts they disagree with
- Wants to stack the Supreme Court
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2018, 10:01:48 PM »

No.

Pro-LGB but virulently anti-trans, pro-choice, pro-free trade, pro-big business, pro-affirmative action, pro-drug decriminalization.

(basically a white, middle class, TERF)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2020, 05:04:53 AM »

No, pro big business and pro free trade are no brainers to me.

Pro LGBTQ, anti abortion, protectionist, supports economic sanctions against China, pro climate change measures, pro gun control, anti death penalty, social democrat on economic policies, skeptical of UN, NATI and EU and pro corona tax
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2020, 07:37:03 PM »

No, anti-abortion, protectionism, and skepticism of UN/NATI/EU are dealbreakers for me.

Pro-LGBT, pro-choice, pro free-trade, supports a public option for healthcare, pro-YIMBY, anti-death penalty, pro-carbon tax, pro-gun control, and abolishing the electoral college.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2020, 07:52:34 PM »

Absolutely not. That sounds like your average Clintonian platform, and represents, in my opinion, everything that is wrong with the present-day incarnation of the Democratic party

Pro-military intervention, supportive of high tariffs, campaigns heavily on "American unity" or something to that effect, pro-government spending on hard infrastructure, pro-public works, moderate-to-conservative on most social issues, moderate on race relations, wants to increase military spending, wants to increase public spending and create a more comprehensive welfare state, and wants to nationalize the banking system
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »

N U T. Minus the bank nationalization, probably my ideal platform.

Pro-Tax cuts, Anti-free trade, socially liberal, anti-weed legalization.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2020, 08:05:53 PM »

Doubt it. But it depends on the opponent. Seems pretty authoritarian/nationalistic which I'm not a huge fan of.

oh nvm that was to Abraham's. To the one above I'd go with probably not. But again it depends on who's running against them.

Wants to abolish the IRS, wants to end Obamacare, calls for a border wall with Mexico, takes away all gun rights and "ends the death penalty." Supports closing of all federal mosques and Muslim community centers. Wants to defund Planned Parenthood, says the First Amendment gives him the right to say whatever he likes about any woman he wants. Calls himself a "pragmatic conservative." Supports nationalizing America's coal mines, gas companies, insurance companies and all American oil companies. Wants to scrap Dodd-Frank and gut corporate welfare, including "the Trans-Pacific Partnership." Backs a constitutional amendment to nullify gay marriage and states that you can't be sued for any act you didn't do. Supports free trade deals such as the North American Free Trade Agreement and TPP. Opposes a 2nd Amendment and says it does nothing to protect against "the rise of totalitarian government" and a "global warming hoax." Supports amnesty for illegal immigrants, same-sex adoption, and a "complete and total shutdown" of Syrian refugees. Not only supports amnesty for illegal immigrants, but also supports amnesty for illegal immigrants who commit rape and murder, as well as for illegal immigrants who commit rape and murder of American children.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2020, 08:17:33 PM »

Absolutely not. That sounds like your average Clintonian platform, and represents, in my opinion, everything that is wrong with the present-day incarnation of the Democratic party

Can I ask which specific policies I listed that you oppose?

-skip-
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 08:23:54 PM »

Can I ask which specific policies I listed that you oppose?

-skip-

Well the policies are a bit vague (for instance, does pro-LGBT mean mere acceptance of legal recognition of same-sex relationships, or does it mean an endorsement of the kind of corporatist "pride month" subculture?, etc.), but the ones I most significantly oppose (which would cause a candidate who took any of these positions to lose my support), are being pro-free trade, pro-public option (as opposed to a Medicare for all system), pro-carbon tax (as opposed to more aggressive climate change stances), and pro-gun control

[skip, obviously]
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2020, 03:02:39 AM »

Aww hell no.

For:
  • Abolishing the Electoral College.
  • Admitting PR and DC as states (assuming successful referendums in them).
  • Using score voting for all single-winner elections.
  • Implementing the Cube Root Rule for house apportionment.
  • Single payer healthcare
  • Increasing investment in green energy, including nuclear fission.
  • Tax credits for political donations.
  • Lowering the max political cap.
  • Abolishing Super PACs.
  • Expanding protections for LGBTQ+ rights.
  • Expanding protections for a woman's right to choose.
  • Moderately expanded gun control (closing loop holes and instituting mandatory waiting periods)
  • Ending cash bail
  • Decriminalizing drug possession and use.
  • Banning fracking.
  • Greatly increasing legal immigration.
  • Implementing a pathway to citizenship for current undocumented residents.
  • Free trade.
  • Increasing taxes on the wealthiest 0.1%.
  • Ending the death penalty.
  • Developing high speed rail infrastructure.
  • Expanding the supreme court to match the number of circuit courts.
  • Aggressively cutting carbon emissions.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2020, 03:28:31 AM »
« Edited: January 20, 2021, 06:53:27 PM by Popery At The White House »

I could vote for such a candidate, even though it sounds too much like a social liberal for me.

Would you vote for a presidential candidate with the following platform?
Is in favour of developing a high-speed rail system and single-payer health care. Against assisted suicide, mostly pro-choice on abortion but wants to defund Planned Parenthood. Supports decriminalizing drug possession and use, but proposes a very aggressive stance against the tobacco industry. Wants to scrap inheritance taxes and to increase income taxes on all (although much more on the wealthiest 1% or so). Supports very strict gun control. Proposes to "cut waste" in Washington.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2020, 03:51:03 AM »

I would probably vote for the above candidate. It depends on the alternatives, but I am not opposed to them on principle (their only stance which really rankles me is their opposition on assisted suicide).

Very socially liberal on all major issues (LGBT rights, abortion, drug policy, assisted suicide etc..), generally anti-immigration, but in a Danish Social Democrats sort of way rather than a far-right way, supports replacing all benefits with UBI and claims that this will save money and make an across-the-board tax cut possible. Supports proportional representation, massive expansion green energy and is mildly interventionist in foreign affairs.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2020, 04:32:59 AM »

Lmao the Radicals genetically modified with a Lega chromosome? Nooo

Would you vote for someone whose political views are the exact opposite of J. K. Rowling's?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2020, 02:13:04 PM »

No.

A candidate who promises to merge Canada and Mexico with the United States of America, either through unification or a similar structure to the European Union.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2020, 02:16:10 PM »

Yes, a unified North America would be a powerful economy and even an EU type system would be an extremely powerful economy and trading bloc

Pro choice, pro free trade, anti marijuana
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2020, 03:00:35 PM »

Pro-choice and pro-trade is good, but your marijuana stance would depend on whether you want to lock people up for using it or not. If you do, then no bueno.

Criminal justice platform: abolish cash bail, abolish mandatory minimum sentencing, abolish the three strikes rule, abolish the death penalty, and severely limit if not outright ban solitary confinement.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2020, 08:19:15 PM »

Hell yes.

A candidate who wanted to turn the US into a unitary rather than federal government.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2020, 11:06:18 AM »

No, as in general I think the federal government eroding the power of state and municipal self-determination is in general a trend that needs to be resisted, not accelerated

Pro-big soda tax, in favor of prohibition on tobacco and alcohol, pro-universal health care and a steep increase in mental health funding, wants to implement a yearly "national exercise day" where every able-bodied person is required to go on a jog for at least thirty minutes, wants to double or even triple the length of Phys Ed classes in public school, wants to nationalize the gym industry and make it free for all (including illegal immigrants) at the point of use, and his campaign is that he wants to "make America swole again"
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2020, 11:14:25 AM »

Yes but mostly for the laughs. Healthy America!

Would you vote for a candidate who is 100% pro-choice, favours a heavy use of the death penalty, wants to introduce universal basic income, has a liberal internationalist outlook on foreign policy, and wants to abolish civil marriage?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »

No, I strongly oppose the death penalty and believe in marriage rights. Undecided on UBI, but the pro-choice and liberal internationalist points are extremely based.

(Also side note, Big Abraham's platform he just posted is awesome lol)

Would you vote for this platform: abolish civil asset forfeiture, leave gun control completely up to the states (so Oklahoma can abolish all restrictions and NJ can ban all gun ownership completely), abolition of rent control but expansion of affordable housing, and universal preschool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies