Deeply disturbing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:16:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply disturbing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Deeply disturbing  (Read 6676 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2016, 01:53:11 AM »
« edited: October 29, 2016, 01:57:38 AM by Хahar 🐢 »

It prompted a discussion that someone else recently brought up to me and that is taking a possible look at secret balloting again. As difficult as it maybe to implement in a way that is trustworthy, I think we should at least discuss the possibility. Because whether it is people getting bitched at five days ago for how they voted, or bitched at now the end result is still the same. People are being mistreated because the votes are 100% public. If it would be practical, secret balloting would remove a lot of the aspects that invite misbehavior and tension, as well as the personal element.

I, personally, would like to get back all the time I've spent over the past decade in Atlasia. That is about as possible as a secret ballot system free of fraud, supposing we even wanted it in the abstract (which I and other right-thinking people do not).

You have not been here a decade.

Sorry, nine years. I apologize deeply and profusely to anyone who was hurt by my evil deception.

Oh, wait, no, I never said I've been here a decade, I just said that the time I've spent here was over the last decade. That's some DemPGH-level difficulty with reading comprehension.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2016, 01:53:23 AM »

Sorry, guys, this thread is not about crazy private voting schemes or whatever other crazy insinuations of activity you're willing to make up. This thread is about the very illegal activity of multiple Yankee supporters and Federalist leaders to disenfranchise and intimidate someone who was not in the position to be on the receiving end of a barrage of harassing and threatening messages across multiple mediums.

It's very sad that instead of just saying "we're sorry" or "I don't condone this behavior", you instead want to be "BUT LABOR", despite the fact that there is no comparison to be made here. At all. Take some personal responsibility and care for your lives, for once.

Perhaps the eyesight is failing you for that "decade" of being in Atlasia.

Look, I come on here at midnight after a hard day at work. I see you making accusations, I see allegations of it being across multiple mediums. I said first post, ADAM. FIRST FING POST after I got in here." As policy, I do not approve of contacting voters after they voted". End of conversation.

I don't need to make up allegations. You forget, I was with you in #Atlasforum in October 2015. I know what goes on in there, and I would not be surprised if it still does.

I am sick and tired of you going on #Atlasforum saying whatever you need to get Blair elected. Whether it be questioning trying to benefit from people questioning my mental stability, or gloating about some nasty thing you did in the past to gain street cred.

I don't approve of what happened here today, but I also condemn with every damn bone in my body the crap you and your thugs have done to me since October 1st. And I am not going to take it lying down anymore.

Take your equivalency bs and shove it sideways.

NCY... nobody doubts that you work hard.  Nobody doubts that you don't make up allegations.  Nobody doubts that you know what goes on here (you've been here since rocks cooled into cool rocks.)

Adam has every right to join #atlasforum and encourage people to vote for whomever Adam wishes people to vote for.  As do you.  But I suspect it's not the ability to get on #atlasforum and encourage people that you are worried about (your AOL dialup days are long gone)...

What you are mad about is Adam's effectiveness.  There's a reason his IRL job is the head of a county Democratic party.  He is Democrat.  He eats Nancy Pelosi for an after schooling snack.  He munches Chuck Schumer like cheese and crackers.  And those crackers are pretty buttery.

I'm not an Adam thug.  I have no problem nagging Adam until he relents.  Ask him.  I nag in a way that is both annoying and impressive in its annoyingness.  Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

And as a 1st class nagalag... I say.. STOP WHINING HOLY CRAP.

Also... you don't shove equivalency sideways.. you shove it up your butt and around the corner.  These are things we learn in like 3rd grade.. I mean come on..

Snowguy, that is perhaps the biggest lie going that I cannot take a loss. How many times did I lose the PPTship, only to get it back. I lost my Senate seat, just like you and just like you I came back At-Large. I dealt with bgwah for years before I knew Adam Griffin from Joe Smith.

If it was just his skill out matching mine then I would have no problem. If it was just Blair out contesting me on ideas or campaign structure. That would be no problem.

What I have a problem with is this notion that you have this clique, and the narrative has already been set by them "This is a good player, this is a bad player". "This guy, would make a great President, but this guy is unfit". It is all arbitrary, it is mostly personal and it is all exclusive in a way that shuts people out and I don't like it. It followed those same posters to AAD, "These posters are a joke, these people are lame! Lol Atlasia full of socks and newbies". It's almost to point of Bill Clinton's racist jab at Obama,"ten year's ago this guy would be getting us our coffee". 

I used to be on #Atlas forum, even when I had dial up. I didn't leave #Atlasforum because I had dial up. I left #Atlasforum because I realized something about the place was negative. The discussion was degrading from a level of quality, where anyone from Atlasia or otherwise could turn up, to one where only a certain set felt welcomed. And no sooner did I leave, than I became their next target. I think that says it all. It is understandable to get mad and vent a couple of times, but the steady ongoing, multi-year personal animus. Its insane, really.

And yet for four damn years we have tolerated this crap?

As bad, as bitter and as partisan as it was in the JCP era and even in 2012, I never felt like I had choose between a group of elites (disdainful of everyone else) and everyone else. I made my choice in 2013.

I want Atlasia to be a more open and competitive place than #Atlasforum allows for.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2016, 01:56:24 AM »

What I have a problem with is this notion that you have this clique, and the narrative has already been set by them "This is a good player, this is a bad player". "This guy, would make a great President, but this guy is unfit". It is all arbitrary, it is mostly personal and it is all exclusive in a way that shuts people out and I don't like it. It followed those same posters to AAD, "These posters are a joke, these people are lame! Lol Atlasia full of socks and newbies". It's almost to point of Bill Clinton's racist jab at Obama,"ten year's ago this guy would be getting us our coffee".

This is a truly spectacular non sequitur!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2016, 01:58:28 AM »

NCY.. I poke fun at your computer problems (while totally sympathizing with you.. I'm very happy that you have been able to upgrade.)  And I know you can take a loss.

But here I would say you need to pick your battles.  Adam "bribing" people into voting for Blair is not the one you should pick.  I was in the room in the time.  You can see from the log that it was nothing serious.  Nobody was acting or even intending to act outside of the law.

I wish you the best in the runoff election... but if you lose, it won't be because Adam was bribing people into voting for Blair.  What could Adam even give people?

As for #atlasforum... it's negative all the time.  And for a long time it was pretty toxic.  But not really now... there are more important things to discuss... like our IRL federal election in 11 days.  And you being there would not hurt.

I'm not asking you to trust me blindly... but I really want to impress on you that nothing fishy was going on.  Adam was simply encouraging people to vote.  I don't suspect any maliciousness on your part or on his part.  You are well matched in experience and in opposing each other.  Let it go.  Jimmie has.  You can too.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2016, 02:02:29 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Indeed, given that I'm not a Laborite. I can completely agree with this!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2016, 02:09:12 AM »

Indeed, given that I'm not a Laborite. I can completely agree with this!
You're not helping your cause.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2016, 02:17:26 AM »

And what cause would that be? The party of Labor?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2016, 02:22:26 AM »

And what cause would that be? The party of Labor?

Really?  Roll Eyes
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2016, 02:28:06 AM »

I'm honestly curious. You say "I'm not helping my cause". What cause would that be?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2016, 02:45:08 AM »

I'm honestly curious. You say "I'm not helping my cause". What cause would that be?
I'm sure you're honestly curious.  And you know damned well what your cause is.  You don't need Labor to do that for you as well, do you?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2016, 03:23:25 AM »

NCY.. I poke fun at your computer problems (while totally sympathizing with you.. I'm very happy that you have been able to upgrade.)  And I know you can take a loss.

But here I would say you need to pick your battles.  Adam "bribing" people into voting for Blair is not the one you should pick.  I was in the room in the time.  You can see from the log that it was nothing serious.  Nobody was acting or even intending to act outside of the law.

I wish you the best in the runoff election... but if you lose, it won't be because Adam was bribing people into voting for Blair.  What could Adam even give people?

As for #atlasforum... it's negative all the time.  And for a long time it was pretty toxic.  But not really now... there are more important things to discuss... like our IRL federal election in 11 days.  And you being there would not hurt.

I'm not asking you to trust me blindly... but I really want to impress on you that nothing fishy was going on.  Adam was simply encouraging people to vote.  I don't suspect any maliciousness on your part or on his part.  You are well matched in experience and in opposing each other.  Let it go.  Jimmie has.  You can too.

If I say yes, can we finally get back to discussing ideas be it secret balloting or some other option?
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2016, 05:13:29 AM »

The only way to set up a secret ballot would be to have a moderator for the forum conduct the election.

He would receive the votes, tally them up and announce the winner. He could also determine poster validity, etc.

Poster could not be affiliated with either major party etc.

That IMO would be the best way to do a secret ballot.
The biggest issue is who is completely neutral in this game? Realistically, I think that we have to have a secret ballot during the election, but the individual votes are made public following the election to ensure that there have been no counting errors.

Is there anyway that a page could be set up that would allow people to post in that section, but not view other responses (ie. votes)?

Another method could be to have two people running the election and use Google Forms. One would give every voter a unique ten character code, which the other, recording incoming ballots, couldn't see the codes before the end of the election and the person with the codes couldn't see the incoming votes. The complete data could be published after the election this way and neither would know who has voted before the close of the election. The tabulation would be conducted by both following the close of the voting booth.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2016, 05:42:10 AM »

Yes I would like to be transparent and say that Adam was joking about buying votes that night, he wasn't actually thinking about doing it.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2016, 01:26:38 PM »

Ben is simply following the theme of this thread: creating controversy from nothing.

Anyway, I think this thread has gotten out of hand. Let's take a step back here:

Griffin and Truman are accusing people of committing a felony. Their entire basis for this harsh accusation is from Jimmie's heat-of-the-moment reaction on #AtlasForum. Does he still say that he was intimidated?

I do not think anyone purposefully tried to intimidate me to change my vote.

Doesn't look like it!

I know you two are so eager to kick active Federalists out of the game, but accusing people of voter intimidation based on an incomplete narrative that has been basically disproven is nothing short of partisan hackery. And yes, dfw and Santander made a mistake, and me and Yankee have talked to them about this--they'll be more careful when it comes to talking to people about their votes (i.e. don't do it). And Ted said he didn't even know Jimmie had voted until right before he left--he was just checking in from the Chick-Fil-A parking lot. It seems like if he did anything minorly wrong it was just barely, and you guys want to kick him out of the game?

If Labor wants to continue with this debunked narrative that 3 Federalists commited voter intimidation, they're being nothing more than partisan hacks.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2016, 02:22:53 PM »

We're still on this? Jesus, folks, it's not a big deal. DFW might've acted a tiny bit improperly - maybe - but it's not a felony. It's threads like these that make mew wonder why I still bother with this "game". Since, after all, this is a game.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2016, 03:27:24 PM »

We're still on this? Jesus, folks, it's not a big deal. DFW might've acted a tiny bit improperly - maybe - but it's not a felony. It's threads like these that make mew wonder why I still bother with this "game". Since, after all, this is a game.

People take Atlasia way too seriously. If Atlasia scandals are rated on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most serious, this is about a 2. Everyone needs to chillax and move on here.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2016, 03:37:42 PM »

People take Atlasia way too seriously. If Atlasia scandals are rated on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most serious, this is about a 2. Everyone needs to chillax and move on here.

I use to think Update was the stupidest thing about Atlas Culture..

now I see this.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2016, 04:00:02 PM »

Given the questions surrounding this incident, I think the best option is to not count Jimmie's vote, but also to not charge anyone with anything (and to drop any charges that have been issued). However, the appropriate court(s) should note down an official record of this incident, and if any of the users involved in "persuading" Jimmie are accused of a similar action in the future, felony charges should go forward without any hesitation.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2016, 07:00:33 PM »

For those who want to prosecute anyone,
There was a law in the previous game that detailed all the possible charges, it has obviously been repealed with the rebooth. So unless a new law has been voted regarding this matter (which I believe is unlikely), there is simply no prosecutable offense regarding the game.
Oh of course the game is still under the juridiction of the rules of this forum.

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2016, 09:07:05 PM by Secretary of Internal Affairs 1184AZ »

While at first I was disgusted with what appeared to be at the very least borderline criminal activity, after reading through the responses in this thread and talking to Jimmie personally, I have reached the conclusion that this was a simple misunderstanding, and that nothing malice occurred. I hope everyone can move on from this, with no negative long term consequences.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2018, 04:47:16 AM »

lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies