DTC for President - A Stronger Moral Economy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:01:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DTC for President - A Stronger Moral Economy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DTC for President - A Stronger Moral Economy  (Read 905 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2018, 04:10:15 PM »

I believe we need to build a stronger moral economy in Atlasia. We must incentive charity work through more tax break incentives to people who give to charity so we encourage people to give to others while also giving them a choice in what causes they believe in. We need to ensure everyone has access to a good education regardless of their ZIP code, with an emphasis on societal ethics. We should offer more (optional) religious classes in public schools. We must also work to reduce crime and violence in order to create a more peaceful society.

Another thing we must stand up to is Bipartisan Corruption and Partisan Hackery. Too many people in Atlasia have been wheeling and dealing at the expense of Atlasians. The most recent example is LouisvilleThunder and Pericles corrupt bargain. This sort of behavior should be thoroughly repudiated, and thankfully, it was in our most recent election. However, most members of each political tribe still massively supported their tribe member. Now, to be fair, many prominent members of both parties denounced their candidates - Fhtagn on the federalist side & AZ on the left side, and they deserve to be commended for it. We must as a society encourage people to make honest and genuine choices regardless of what tribe you belong to.

Because of this, I am going to be running for President of Atlasia for the June election. Much more information about my platform will come later. This is just a short blurb to introduce my campaign to y'all. Thank you for listening. Smiley
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 04:12:24 PM »

I believe we need to build a stronger moral economy in Atlasia. We must incentive charity work through more tax break incentives to people who give to charity so we encourage people to give to others while also giving them a choice in what causes they believe in. We need to ensure everyone has access to a good education regardless of their ZIP code, with an emphasis on societal ethics. We should offer more (optional) religious classes in public schools. We must also work to reduce crime and violence in order to create a more peaceful society.

Another thing we must stand up to is Bipartisan Corruption and Partisan Hackery. Too many people in Atlasia have been wheeling and dealing at the expense of Atlasians. The most recent example is LouisvilleThunder and Pericles corrupt bargain. This sort of behavior should be thoroughly repudiated, and thankfully, it was in our most recent election. However, most members of each political tribe still massively supported their tribe member. Now, to be fair, many prominent members of both parties denounced their candidates - Fhtagn on the federalist side & AZ on the left side, and they deserve to be commended for it. We must as a society encourage people to make honest and genuine choices regardless of what tribe you belong to.

Because of this, I am going to be running for President of Atlasia for the June election. Much more information about my platform will come later. This is just a short blurb to introduce my campaign to y'all. Thank you for listening. Smiley

What does this even mean? Are we talking classes that study religion or classes where students are taught to practice it? Because the second option is blatantly unconstitutional.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 04:13:16 PM »

What does this even mean? Are we talking classes that study religion or classes where students are taught to practice it? Because the second option is blatantly unconstitutional.

Thank you for your concern,

The classes are for studying religion. No one should be forced to practice a religion.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 04:21:55 PM »

I would love to know your platform, although I must admit I’m not the most conservative, I just wanna know your foreign policy and such, also what party you running on?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 04:34:05 PM »

I would love to know your platform, although I must admit I’m not the most conservative, I just wanna know your foreign policy and such, also what party you running on?

I am running under the Progressive Christian Union.

Some more policy positions:

- Mental Health: Simply put, we absolutely need more mental health funding. Religious places of worship should also be given tax breaks if they run sufficiently effective mental health programs.

- Economics: Business incentives should be structured in a way that encourages strong, moral behavior. Risky stock investments for a short term profit should not be encouraged by the tax system. We cannot afford to have any more crashes because of a few corrupt individuals and faulty market incentives. We also need to create a system where businesses invest in their employees and the employees feel pride in their company. I generally believe we should reduce the amount of regulations, and instead incentive good behavior and community rather than force it.

- Abortion: No taxpayer funded abortions and we should encourage people to carry out their terms through adoption and child services. I do believe women should have the choice to control their bodies in the end.

- Foreign Policy: We must form strong, working relations with our allies. We cannot afford to lose our allies because they can help us when we need it. I am generally war-adverse, although sometime entanglements with our allies will force us to be flexible.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 04:35:21 PM »

no no no no please no
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 04:36:51 PM »

Just... why?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 04:38:06 PM »

Hello pmasta,

What concerns do you have about my party platform? I am running for President to add to the marketplace of ideas in Atlasia and bring attention to issues people may not have considered.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 04:43:37 PM »

I wanted to bring attention to issues that people in Atlasia rarely talk about. The "Moral Economy" of Atlasia is something we should all keep in mind. I believe our economy should be structured in a way that encourages good behavior and helping out the poor while not forcing or restricting people to act in that manner. We must encourage strong community values of sharing and cooperating with one another.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 04:45:19 PM »

Does this mean you are no longer a member of PUP?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 04:47:34 PM »

Does this mean you are no longer a member of PUP?

I still work and talk with many PUP members. However, because of recent scandals, I have decided to become a part of the Progressive Christian Union. This party also better reflects my specific beliefs. Understandably, the PUP party is designed to have a fairly broad appeal.

I do not intend to expand this new party any further. It simply describes my beliefs better than PUP does.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 05:00:49 PM »

Hello pmasta,

What concerns do you have about my party platform? I am running for President to add to the marketplace of ideas in Atlasia and bring attention to issues people may not have considered.
you had a 40% record of voting in the southern chamber, for starters.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 05:01:27 PM »

Hello pmasta,

Not in the latest southern chamber. I voted in almost every bill I possibly could, until I resigned so I could to move to Lincoln.

Please don't spread misinformation! It is morally indecent.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 07:12:44 PM »

Hello pmasta,

Not in the latest southern chamber. I voted in almost every bill I possibly could, until I resigned so I could to move to Lincoln.

Please don't spread misinformation! It is morally indecent.

Not to mention you left the South for the North. Is that a scalawag?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies