The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:58:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness  (Read 20638 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2018, 04:41:55 PM »
« edited: July 19, 2018, 06:55:21 PM by People's Speaker Pericles »

Now up to 46 responses!
The link; https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XCfzxPA8x-o__1Zvw6UiiJNaPvjHgZf9UKyvDLS989c
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2018, 01:15:43 AM »

OMG THERE IT IS AGAIN!. 46, just like with WELLS!!!!

Illuminati confirmed!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2018, 01:32:14 AM »

54 now though.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2018, 01:35:59 AM »

Of course 54, the height of the RED SCARE!!!!

The plot thickens!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2018, 05:23:43 PM »

I'll give this poll 10 more mins and then shut it down, there don't seem to be any more responses. If you do want to respond do so now.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2018, 05:53:22 PM »

HASLAM2020 LEADS IN SOUTHERN SENATE RACE
The results of The Atlasian Post July election poll shows Senator Haslam2020 leading over challenger #TheShadowyAbyss. With 22 responses to the Southern question, the turnout for this question was strong and likely over half of the ultimate Senate electorate. The partisan composition was 50% Federalist, 18.18% PUP, 18.18% Peace, 9.09% Alliance and 4.55% Independent, which seems roughly in line with the actual census data(except Peace is over-represented compared to PUP, but that doesn't matter as both parties would support TSA). The race isn't safe yet for the Federalists, but Haslam remains a strong favorite and there is plenty of work for TSA to do if he hopes to win. Nationwide, Haslam's approval rating is 48.1%, the lowest of any Senator, but the nationwide electorate is much less pro-Federalist than the Southern one. At this stage therefore, The Atlasian Post is rating Southern Senate as Likely Federalist.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2018, 06:11:51 PM »

Nationwide partisan composition

Admittedly this is not representative but as there's no Lincoln or Fremont specific questions I don't think it matters very much.

I myself was quite startled by the congressional numbers but maybe it's accurate if the poll as a whole is representative.

There is strong support for allowing voluntary deregistration.

Dueling is unlike that, however this question didn't ask about views on its legality so should not be used to justify policy changes in this area.

For the October 2018 presidential election; please tick the boxes of all the potential candidates you would consider voting for.(54 responses)
North Carolina Yankee-53.7%
Razze-53.7%

Not Madigan-50.0%
Adam Griffin-48.1%
Pericles-46.3%
wxtransit-40.7%
Ninja0428-38.9%
tmthforu94-38.9%
TheSaint250-38.9%
fhtagn-37.0%
weatherboy1102-35.2%
dfwlibertylover-31.5%
Mr Reactionary-29.6%
Louisville Thunder-27.8%
Haslam2020-1.9%
TheShadowyAbyss-1.9%
Winfield-1.9%
Zaybay-1.9%
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2018, 11:21:24 PM »

FEDERALISTS WIN ANOTHER CRUSHING VICTORY IN THE SOUTH
July 20-23 2018 Southern gubernatorial election
Tmthforu94 - 24 (64.86%)
WI: Razze - 11 (29.73%)
FairBol - 2 (5.41%)

July 20-23 2018 Southern Chamber of Delegates election
Federalist; 5 seats
Peace; 1 seat
PUP; 1 seat
7 seats
4 for majority

TheSaint250(Federalist), Ben Kenobi(Federalist), Young Texan(Federalist), Spark498(Federalist), Bagel23(Federalist), HCP(Peace), Tim Turner(PUP) are elected

Alliancite thumb21 lost to Bagel by a margin of just 0.02, edged out on the final preferences(which in a full disclosure I personally was saddened to see happen).
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2018, 08:01:18 PM »

EDITORIAL: OPPOSING UNOPPOSED ELECTIONS
This is ridiculous. Fremont keeps on having unopposed elections, these two Senate races, the Class I Special, the FM election, Galaxie's special,  the June Senate race, Canis's special. This is more than just an anomaly at this point, it points to a systematic problem in Fremont. It should be something that concerns all Fremontians, and not a partisan issue. I've heard someone on Discord saying that I only oppose unopposed elections when it's not a left-wingers going unopposed. And yes, I'll admit I'd prefer a left-winger to win 100% of the vote than a right-wingers to win 100% of the vote. But the best elections are competitive elections, and I'm not jumping for joy when only one person is on the ballot-regardless of their ideology. The parliamentary elections have larger fields, but they're not supposed to be truly competitive and aren't. They are the easiest elections in Atlasia to win and I'm not saying we should make them harder to win because it's a good first start for newcomers(I was once a newcomer). But plenty of other elections should be competitive. The last contested election was April's FM race and it wasn't much of a contest. I found my April Senate race a bad experience on a personal level, but for Fremont needs more races like it. We had a close election, a debate, candidates campaigning, an actual contest. And I'm sure we could have had more races like it-be we saw with the write in controversies people the unopposed candidates weren't and aren't universally popular. I'll admit I'm partially to blame here, I considered running against Sestak and one of the main reasons I chose the House instead was because I presumed he'd beat me-and maybe he would have. But if everyone has that attitude, we'll get a game that is increasingly stagnant and uninteresting. Please, take some risks, if you want to run then do it. We need more candidates with fresh visions, don't underestimate yourself. I don't know exactly why we have this systematic problem in Fremont-maybe it's got something to do with us having the fewest people. But I know we shouldn't accept this situation, or presume it's inevitable. I don't have all the answers, so please comment on this post and try and give further insight into why we have this problem and what we can do about it. Let's discuss this issue and not let this situation of unopposed elections be unopposed. Or maybe I'm wrong-if I am tell me that too.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2018, 12:02:04 AM »

I'll just go ahead and state it because I have no need to hide behind discord: I was the one who criticized Pericles on discord. If he actually cared about consistency he would have protested against Canis running unopposed, but instead he only did it for the seat Tea Party Hater was running for.

Spin it any way you like, but your ballot is more than enough proof to back my accusation.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2018, 12:07:10 AM »

I also did meme write-ins when Canis was unopposed for parliament, and you are right that I'm a bit biased on this, but I do think the point overall is valid that we shouldn't be having these unopposed elections.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2018, 12:18:54 AM »

Except you only felt the need to make that point in the race where a left winger wasn't running. That doesn't exactly help your argument that you genuinely care about the issue. Especially when you go out of your way to shut down candidates who actually take the time to declare and campaign (ex., Sestak), but somehow expect more to come out after they see how existing candidates are treated.

You are also the Vice Chair of a major party (which has the most registered members in Fremont, more if you include Peace in your voting) did most of the recent recruitment in the game, but can't find a single candidate to run in any uncontested Fremont races?

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2018, 12:23:51 AM »

Why should I be required to support candidates just because they're on the ballot? That attitude is part of the problem. And this regional issue has impacted on PUP. We can try step up our game though and we'd still end up having uncontested elections. Also cool dog pic.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2018, 12:26:22 AM »

I didn't say you should support a candidate just because they are on the ballot, just don't pretend you actually care about uncontested elections when you are more than fine with them when the only candidate is a left winger.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2018, 12:32:42 AM »

I didn't say you should support a candidate just because they are on the ballot, just don't pretend you actually care about uncontested elections when you are more than fine with them when the only candidate is a left winger.

Did you actually read the article?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2018, 12:35:23 AM »

Did you actually read the article?

I did, and my point still stands:
Spin it any way you like, but your ballot is more than enough proof to back my accusation.

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2018, 12:37:54 AM »

I mean to be fair unopposed elections keep happening because no one is running if you want that to change encourage more people to run.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2018, 12:55:24 AM »

I mean to be fair unopposed elections keep happening because no one is running if you want that to change encourage more people to run.

Oh I'm not blaming you for running unopposed-you should get credit for putting yourself on the ballot. And that's a big part of it, but I'm getting the feeling that the problem may run deeper.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2018, 12:58:05 AM »

I'll admit this is a problem (now in Pericles defense, I've seen more lefties run unopposed than right wingers in my time here but it's not like we've had PUP primaries for these seats either) but as FM, it sadly hasn't exactly been my highest priority. This is because lately we've had so many vacancies where it was hard to even get 1 person to run for office (which leads me to bring up the fact that there's an opening in Parliament right now that's unfilled) and in this latest round of senate elections, I'm glad I was able to appoint 2 candidates (I received no other inquires about a senate seat aside from those 2), and it was delusional to expect a contested election in the smallest region on such short notice for both seats. I also don't wanna see these unopposed elections turn into protest/meme write ins that discourage players and thus only makes it worse, which is why I instantly said after I saw Pericles write me in that I'd decline write ins to put the breaks at another protest election. Hopefully we'll see some improvement now that they'll likely be less turnover for the next cycle or two, so all majors parties will have more time to put up contested candidates.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »

The western regions, Pacific and now Fremont, long struggled with having one sided, noncompetitive or even uncontested elections.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »

As I said just a few minutes ago:

"I think what's inappropriate is to have such short periods between a vacancy and a special; makes it harder to find any and all people interested in running, especially in a place like Fremont. Not only does it restrict the potential candidate pool, but it makes the campaign process a joke when it's only a few days."

How many elections have we had in the past month where the campaign/declaration period was less than a week?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2018, 10:28:56 PM »

Btw, following 1184AZ's departure the co-editor position at The Atlasian Post is vacant. I will be accepting applications-if you're interested in working for this newspaper please PM me either here or on Discord.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2018, 12:37:03 AM »

Fremont Senate races
wxtransit, having voted for the candidates in the wrong races(deliberately though but still), and being deregistered, is invalid. dead0man is the last counted. Polls close at midnight on Sunday(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297429.0)
CANIS SET TO WIN SENATE RACECanis; 100%(14 votes)

The Atlasian Post projects that, for Fremont's Class I Senate seat, Canis has been elected

LATE SURGE FOR WRITE-IN WALLACE?
Tea Party Hater; 64.29%(9 votes)
HenryWallaceVP; 35.71%(5 votes)

The Atlasian Post projects that, for Fremont's Class II Senate seat, it is Too Close to Call

Note that Wallace is a valid write-in candidate, having confirmed his candidacy and written in himself, and furthermore he has told me he intends to win the Senate seat outright.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2018, 02:38:34 PM »

Fremont Senate races
wxtransit, having voted for the candidates in the wrong races(deliberately though but still), and being deregistered, is invalid.ProudModerate2 is the last counted. Polls close at midnight on Sunday(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297429.0)
CANIS SET TO WIN SENATE RACECanis; 100%(17 votes)

The Atlasian Post projects that, for Fremont's Class I Senate seat, Canis has been elected

TEA PARTY HATER LEADS WRITE IN WALLACE
Tea Party Hater; 58.82%(10 votes)
HenryWallaceVP; 41.18%(7 votes)

The Atlasian Post projects that, for Fremont's Class II Senate seat, it is Too Close to Call

Note that Wallace is a valid write-in candidate, having confirmed his candidacy and written in himself, and furthermore he has told me he intends to win the Senate seat outright.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2018, 10:45:35 PM »

Fremont Senate races
wxtransit, having voted for the candidates in the wrong races(deliberately though but still), and being deregistered, is invalid. ProudModerate2 is the last counted. Polls close at midnight on Sunday(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297429.0)
CANIS WILL WIN SENATE RACECanis; 100%(22 votes)

WRITE IN WALLACE TAKES THE LEADHenryWallaceVP; 54.55%(12 votes)
Tea Party Hater; 45.45%(10 votes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies