The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:52:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness  (Read 20639 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: June 19, 2018, 08:33:55 AM »

These numbers do not look good for me. Sad

Don't stress, everyone knows Atlasia polls are usually unreliable.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 12:02:04 AM »

I'll just go ahead and state it because I have no need to hide behind discord: I was the one who criticized Pericles on discord. If he actually cared about consistency he would have protested against Canis running unopposed, but instead he only did it for the seat Tea Party Hater was running for.

Spin it any way you like, but your ballot is more than enough proof to back my accusation.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 12:18:54 AM »

Except you only felt the need to make that point in the race where a left winger wasn't running. That doesn't exactly help your argument that you genuinely care about the issue. Especially when you go out of your way to shut down candidates who actually take the time to declare and campaign (ex., Sestak), but somehow expect more to come out after they see how existing candidates are treated.

You are also the Vice Chair of a major party (which has the most registered members in Fremont, more if you include Peace in your voting) did most of the recent recruitment in the game, but can't find a single candidate to run in any uncontested Fremont races?

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 12:26:22 AM »

I didn't say you should support a candidate just because they are on the ballot, just don't pretend you actually care about uncontested elections when you are more than fine with them when the only candidate is a left winger.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 12:35:23 AM »

I didn't say you should support a candidate just because they are on the ballot, just don't pretend you actually care about uncontested elections when you are more than fine with them when the only candidate is a left winger.

Did you actually read the article?

I did, and my point still stands:
Spin it any way you like, but your ballot is more than enough proof to back my accusation.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 11:19:37 PM »

[ 2 ] Write in Still peeved about all these unopposed elections

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9dSGaDad_4&t=2s
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 03:02:47 PM »

So I wonder when The Atlasian Post is going to report on the fact that the person who runs it, who happens to be the House Deputy Speaker, doesn't bother reading the bills he votes on, such as HB 1328

When pressed on why he voted Nay but had given no explanation in debate or even on discord, this was the response:

The problems with this statement:
1. If he had read the bill, he would have seen that it has nothing to do with deregulation.
2. If he had read the bill, he would have seen that the land that would be sold from this had already been marked as suitable for disposal for over 20 years, but was still owned by the federal government for some reason.
3. If he really cared about reducing the deficit, he would have seen that this was an easy bill to help reduce our national debt that doesn't harm a single person.

The only thing that's truly in darkness are the intentions of Representative Pericles. If he can't be bothered to explain his stance on a bill he doesn't support, something he has publicly said that an elected official should be expected to do, then Atlasia deserves better.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 03:30:00 PM »

The land will likely be sold to mining, energy or development interest. What's wrong with protecting said land for the animals? want to cause everything besides man to die out or what?

Do yourself a favor and look up legislation I've put forward and supported regarding the environment and animals, then get back to me.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 07:40:40 PM »

Building on Pericles and his lack of properly representing the people, he issued this response:

1. Posting here isn't vandalism.
2. I'll stop when you answer the question. 

How the mighty have fallen.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 08:03:20 PM »

I have a right to my beliefs and wasn't convinced by this bill, I used my discretion as the people elected me to do. Since it was a relatively inconsequential bill I don't see the need to post a spiel about every bill, if you keep giving me bills I'm unconvinced by I'll vote against them. If this doesn't satisfy you you can keep throwing a hissy fit and embarrass yourself but I have better things to do with my time than engage in idiotic arguments with you.

You yourself stated that elected officials should be willing to explain why they don't support something.  Don't be a hypocrite, Pericles. Your voters deserve better.

At least I actually contribute in the House and introduce bills. I also actually deliver on my campaign promises. So you can make all the threats you want regarding my bills, but for someone who has better things to do than argue with me, your job in Atlasia clearly isn't one of them.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 11:44:01 PM »

Like I said in the other two threads. This is stupid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies