The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:29:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness  (Read 20736 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: June 09, 2018, 07:36:49 PM »

Here you are-The Atlasian Post June 2018 race ratings!
Fremont Senate
Likely Mario
Sestak has a broad appeal and has already gained a lot of support, including getting 70% in our latest poll. The only reason I'm not rating this race as Safe Mario is that nobody else has declared yet and there's still time for the race to change, however it's far closer to safe than lean.
Lincoln Senate
Likely Alliance
Not Madigan is a strong candidate, being the most popular Senator in the nation. Jimmy7812 hasn't done terribly but he hasn't expanded his support much beyond the Federalists at this stage-and even there Madigan may have a shot at picking off some voters. Madigan so far has strong support from progressives(I myself will make no comment on which candidate, if any, I'd support, but that's probably irrelevant). Jimmy does have a shot still, especially if he has a strong GOTV operation, but it's unlikely and requires a lot to go right for him(and/or wrong for Madigan). At this stage it is Likely Alliance, but closer to lean than safe.

There could be other candidates for Lincoln Senate. There is no PUP candidate yet but the party has a registration advantage in the region. They would have a good chance of picking up a seat. It's odd that progressives would give strong support to Not Madigan. Maybe they don't watch the Federalist convention but Not Madigan is trying to out-Federalist the Federalist candidate to get the endorsement. Someone mentioned NM stood for Federalist values again and again. And he clains " I believe I have a better record of expanding Liberty and reducing government involvement in Lincoln and Atlasia." I imagine not all progressives want to reduce government involvement.

Expanding Liberty is the key thing in there along with reducing government involvement.  The bills I mentioned voting for were the Postal Reform and Reforming Criminal Law Acts, both of which were supported by progressives*, as well as the Dumb Regulation Repeal Acts, and most if not all were supported by progressives as well, so I personally don't see that as a reason progressives would have a problem with me, especially given my record on Healthcare, Infrastructure, the Environment, and Education (Support of the HELIOS Act).  Also, if you look, a number of progressives (Including the Current Chair of PUP Mike Wells, Vice Chair/Presidential Candidate Ninja0428 of PUP, Vice Presidential Candidate 1184AZ of PUP, Former PUP Chair NeverAgain, and Fremont Speaker Scott of Peace have all backed me based on my record. 

So, personally I may be biased, but I think if you look at the evidence I'm supported by those on the Right and the Left, and my record can clearly appeal to people on both sides of the aisle, including progressives, so I don't think I'll have a problem at all.  (Also, in addition to it being a bit late to run with 13 days left, I've got a lot of PUP support so I think that's a factor as well.)

*Postal Reform Act, Wells Aye Vote
Reforming Criminal Law Act, Pericles Aye Vote
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 12:21:39 PM »

Very different numbers than AZ's poll Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: