Pro-gun community, I have a question.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:43:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Pro-gun community, I have a question.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pro-gun community, I have a question.  (Read 2705 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 02:37:16 PM »

I determine my political views by cost and benefit analysis. In my opinion we should be able to own guns, just as long as we don't use it against anyone (with the exception of self-defense).

What’s the point of having a gun, if you don’t need it. Is it really that hard to say that Republicans only support guns because of NRA donations.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 02:38:10 PM »

I keep my guns and I have the intention of buying more just to irritate liberals and conservatives .

It’s not just liberals who oppose guns, conservatives, do as well
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »

The point isn't to try to convince each other. I'm trying to figure out your so-called "world view" because from what I understand, "we need guns because we can tell you when our government becomes a tyrannical one, and a tyrannical government will obviously try to kill us, so we should have guns just in case because they'll protect us and keep us from such a government, and the people totally don't make up the government because the government is just a big and scary monster rather than an entire body made up of millions of American citizens." You see how it doesn't make that much sense when you put it that way? I'm giving you a chance to explain yourselves.

You say you want to understand someone's worldview and then belittle it.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 12:03:54 AM »

It's moments like these wherein the position that the government should institute mandatory background checks, gun licensing, etc etc are transparently seen for what they are: a mechanism to establish gun ownership records for future confiscation. In a sane world we could have these things without such a fear, but not in this one. Everyone already knows the objective.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2019, 06:59:37 PM »

lol S-avatar who hates guns and...

"...and the people totally don't make up the government because the government is just a big and scary monster rather than an entire body made up of millions of American citizens."

...not only thinks that the current American neoliberal system is an effective representative governing body but apparently that, uh, all governments are like this?!?!?

Guns aren't good, and I think lots of times the American gun-rights sorts actually do get "pro-gun," which is bonkers. But that being said, violence exists in this world. I don't like that it does, but it does. Letting law-abiding people own guns means that no oppressive government (please change to a D-avatar if you don't believe governments can be oppressive lol) can enslave an oppressed class, and physically weaker people don't have to just lie there and get beaten up or raped by physically stronger people. In my opinion, guns are an egalitarian answer to the problem of violence.

But nah, go ahead and pretend like people are conspiracy theorists waiting for Obama to come take their guns away to arm the gay frogs at the agenda 21 FEMA camps so they can do 9/11 again as a blood sacrifice to the repitlian god Zorbaulg which happens every 32 years the last time when they faked the moon landing as a distraction from the execution of The Beatles by guillotine in Times Square yep that's right it wasn't just Paul it was all four and their real bodies were buried one in each corner of the flat earth and that radiates fluoride off the dome that keeps the cloud people out and us brainwashed masses to do whatever Obama asks of us EXCEPT FOR ME BECAUSE I'M UNVACCINATEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or however you characterize practitioners of the sin of disagreement, I don't really care.)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies