Here come the Kerry bio ads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:45:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Here come the Kerry bio ads
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Here come the Kerry bio ads  (Read 2342 times)
California Dreamer

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2004, 11:35:17 AM »

Now that Kerry has some cash he is going to start his campaign with some good old fashioned Bio ads. He is going to run them in the same 18 states Bush Cheney are running theirs. To date he has mainly used local media and not cable.

Both of these ads push his war record and his bipartisanship (one even drags John Mc Cain into it). The message is simple: "Hi I am John Kerry and I am a moderate war hero"

I think they are pretty effective at doing the job they are stated to do. The production value is pretty good, though not the best. I think these ads are particularly aimed at men since the gender gap is working against him (so he uses male voiceovers and pushes fiscal issues and war issues over family issues)

Overall I give them a: B

See for yourself:
http://www.johnkerry.com/features/heartandlifetime/index.php
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 11:37:57 AM »

Moderate war hero HA
ShapeShifter

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 11:38:51 AM »

your just jealous Tongue
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 01:58:26 PM »

Far Far Better than previous ads… a solid B+ for “Heart” and a B for “Lifetime”… good stuff… but it didn’t have to take this long for them to push these ads out… but there out now and that’s the main thing…

However he needs to push “Values” and “Beliefs”… tackle the GOP attack that he has no core beliefs or values… the ads allude to these but they need to be followed up these ads with ones projecting Kerry core values and principles… we need these future ads to project these values and link them back past issues and votes and then after that effort his values can be tied to the issues facing America today…

So good stuff… glad to see he got rid of the coat and stuck with the blue shirt and red tie (the black coat made him look like lurch LOL) …

Still not quite as tight a presentation, nor as sugsinked as I would like but all round a big improvement took them a while though… really things should not have had to come to this stage before he launched these kinds of ads…

One other quibble… he talks about a positive message… lets here more about this? … bush talks about small business and how his tax plan helps them… Kerry needs optimistic ads about that kind of thing, nice “morning in America style” stuff like the Bush team have presented (I really think the bulk of the Bush ads have been very slink but as a whole they are not as well linked together as perhaps they should be, with each ad complementing and supporting one another)… Kerry can link a positive presentation of his values and beliefs with his views about how he can help the middle class and small and medium businesses, and talk tax here John that’s the best way to start get on to education and health care latter on in the campaign… those issues wont help you directly now but at least starting to articulate why your tax plans help small and medium sized business and the middle class  with an optimistic series of ads that can be brought to the fore after your satisfied with the bio-pic ads (and they can be built on and improved) and think they have done their part… so still much work to be done but a step in the right direction….                      
DarthKosh

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 02:37:02 PM »

You didn't know he was in vietnam?

/sarcasm
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 03:04:02 PM »

Moderate War hero?

Does that mean he is a political moderate/centrist, or does it mean that he is moderately a war hero?!?!?

He has some of the weakest ads I've seen this side of Walter Mondale.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 03:10:14 PM »

Moderate War hero?

Does that mean he is a political moderate/centrist, or does it mean that he is moderately a war hero?!?!?

are you sure your a democrat or are you a DINO?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 03:16:17 PM »

are you the Democrat's thought police now?

man, if the republicans were as narrow-minded about partisan principles as the dems I'd have been excoriated repeatedly by now.  good thing they're not.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 03:18:46 PM »

are you the Democrat's thought police now?

man, if the republicans were as narrow-minded about partisan principles as the dems I'd have been excoriated repeatedly by now.  good thing they're not.

yes i am. got a problem?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2004, 03:19:37 PM »

What leads you to believe otherwise?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 03:19:48 PM »

many.  but most of them are far beyond the scope of this forum  Wink
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 04:12:15 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2004, 04:13:16 PM by Ben »

Moderate War hero?

True compared with Bush's ads Kerry’s have been very weak i was watching Mondale's ads at

http://www.ammi.org/cgi-bin/video/years.cgi?1984,,300,,,

and yeah some of Kerry ads are very very similar, I’d say however that he's improved in the four ads... but he's still no where near where he needs to be... I've been a big critic of many of Kerry's ads just check out my comments on this thread

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2400;start=0

But your right about most of Kerry’s ads... I outlined what he needs to do in his ads in the above thread...but i wrote quite a bit so i wont repeat it but you can read it on the thread...if you do, tell me what you thought about my proposals, i would be interested to hear your thoughts boss... thanks...    

and dont worry about what Shape Shifter's saying... your just being fair... however at times i think you can get way too pessimistic... that said your about right on Kerry's ads....  
ShapeShifter

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 04:24:23 PM »

"we are the can do people and we just need to believe in ourself again"

my favorite line in this ad.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 04:31:56 PM »

Ben,

I'm reading it now...I like your suggestion about a Kerry-defense ad.  We need to do something to steer people away from the GOP propaganda they have been listening to ever since 9-11.

More later...
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2004, 04:35:53 PM »

These are better ads.

I'm especially glad he just has "I'm John Kerry, and I approved this message," instead of "I'm John Kerry, and I approved this message because bla bla bla bla."

Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2004, 12:27:53 AM »

Turn on the TV!

Start watchinnnnng kerrry addddd .....zzzz
Wake up! Smiley its stillll not overzzzzzzzzzzz

Its over whew, glad that torture is done with.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2004, 12:41:49 AM »

Only 60 seconds dear.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2004, 12:49:30 AM »
« Edited: May 04, 2004, 12:52:15 AM by StatesRights »

I like Adlai Stevensons ad from 1952 about Old McDonald. I have my daughter singing that one!

Old McDonald
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies