Crime in Germany "lowest in three decades"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:04:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Crime in Germany "lowest in three decades"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Crime in Germany "lowest in three decades"  (Read 3180 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2018, 01:59:10 AM »
« edited: May 28, 2018, 08:43:46 AM by Gustaf »

I fully agree with what David B. has said. Kalwejt's argument that being against uncontrolled extremist Muslim immigration is comparable with the persecution of Jews is wrong, because Jewish people back then never engaged in terrorism, had backwards views on women and wanted to establish a global caliphate where Islam dominates and everyone else is subdued. Also, Jewish people integrated quite well and were wrongfully persecuted.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2018, 02:17:17 AM »

Also, the crime statistics are not as nice on the surface as you'd expect them to be when just reading the headline ...

Murders have risen again in recent years, sexual offenses have spiked, (serious) assaults (= grevious bodily injuries) have almost increased by 3 times over the past 30 years.

Also, there was a general spike in crimes between 2014 and 2016, before dropping again in 2017. The increase in crimes during the immigrant wave years is representative to about a million additional crimes that could have been prevented if Merkel kep the border shut instead of pulling the folks in.

https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Ist-Deutschland-wirklich-sicherer-geworden-article20424789.html
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2018, 04:45:44 AM »

I fully agree with what David B. has said. Kalwejt's argument that being against uncontrolled extremist Muslim immigration is comparable with the persecution of Jews is wrong, because Jewish people back then never engaged in terrorism, had backwards views on women and wanted to establish a global caliphate where Islam dominates and everyone else is subdued. Also, Jewish people integrated quite well and were wrongfully persecuted. Also, there is nothing wrong with giving priority in trying to raise the birth rates of natives vs. keeping potentially criminal people out of the country, who also have a tendency to destroy the democratic foundations of our countries and our culture in the long-term.

The problem is you seem to look at every Muslim as a potential terrorist/criminal, and that's the very rabbit hole we should be avoiding. For all the differences between European Jews and Muslims in Europe, there's a point when people lose all perspective due to generalizing like this and then bad things happens. Villifiyng the entire ethnic/religious is just wrong. And while I can believe you don't have a hatred/prejudice within you, the way you speak about the issue is troubling.

I'm not saying mass immigration does not present some problems. I'm not saying it's in any way preferable for Arabs/Turks/other Muslims to just move here en masse (also because they deserve to have their own homeland they won't have to run away from or face crippling poverty. At the same time I greatly appreciate to have more diverse societies in Europe). But again, when we start to adopt 0-1 approach, you just don't know where it'll stop.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 12:55:43 PM »

I fully agree with what David B. has said. Kalwejt's argument that being against uncontrolled extremist Muslim immigration is comparable with the persecution of Jews is wrong, because Jewish people back then never engaged in terrorism, had backwards views on women and wanted to establish a global caliphate where Islam dominates and everyone else is subdued. Also, Jewish people integrated quite well and were wrongfully persecuted. Also, there is nothing wrong with giving priority in trying to raise the birth rates of natives vs. keeping potentially criminal people out of the country, who also have a tendency to destroy the democratic foundations of our countries and our culture in the long-term.

The problem is you seem to look at every Muslim as a potential terrorist/criminal, and that's the very rabbit hole we should be avoiding. For all the differences between European Jews and Muslims in Europe, there's a point when people lose all perspective due to generalizing like this and then bad things happens. Villifiyng the entire ethnic/religious is just wrong. And while I can believe you don't have a hatred/prejudice within you, the way you speak about the issue is troubling.

I'm not saying mass immigration does not present some problems. I'm not saying it's in any way preferable for Arabs/Turks/other Muslims to just move here en masse (also because they deserve to have their own homeland they won't have to run away from or face crippling poverty. At the same time I greatly appreciate to have more diverse societies in Europe). But again, when we start to adopt 0-1 approach, you just don't know where it'll stop.

RIP Women's, Jewish, and sexual minority safety/rights.
EPG
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 01:20:59 PM »

Women's rights and status have never been better in Europe, and we have widespread same-sex marriage. Um, thanks, Muslims?

I kind of think we agree that it would be bad if Germany became 50% non-German tomorrow, but on current immigration and assimilation rates, that's not going to happen. And Germany won't be the strongest economy in Europe forever. As for demographics, if you're not lesbian or gay, have kids yourself or stop complaining about demographics, I feel.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »

Women's rights and status have never been better in Europe, and we have widespread same-sex marriage. Um, thanks, Muslims?

I kind of think we agree that it would be bad if Germany became 50% non-German tomorrow, but on current immigration and assimilation rates, that's not going to happen. And Germany won't be the strongest economy in Europe forever. As for demographics, if you're not lesbian or gay, have kids yourself or stop complaining about demographics, I feel.
You say that now, but when burqas start being widespread in the streets, delis stop selling ham,  and anti-women Sharia Law accommodations start popping left and right, you'd wish something was done earlier.
EPG
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »

Ok, but German culture is not going to be dissolved, even if another five million refugees were to settle there. Germany has certainly become more pro-German culture since 2000, as the economy improved since the very mediocre 2000s, and nationalism became more acceptable. And of course, the economy is vulnerable. One word: Diesel. Germany isn't intrinsically attractive to non-Europeans, and if French employment gets stronger that Germany again, France will become the desired destination. But what do I know, I'm just speaking from experience of being an immigrant in an immigrant-heavy area of Germany.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies