AMA: Fuzzy Bear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:29:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AMA: Fuzzy Bear
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Author Topic: AMA: Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13161 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2018, 06:48:16 PM »

For the M-F-K enthusiasts, I'll start out by saying I'm happily married, I won't have sex outside of marriage, and I won't kill any human being except in immediate self-defense.

Hope this doesn't kill the fun before it starts.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 07:02:13 PM »

If I'm not wrong, I think you wrote some where not long ago that you voted for every Democrat until 2000 (even Mondale and Dukakis) but you've basically voted GOP since. Why the switch? (I can definitely relate though)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »

If I'm not wrong, I think you wrote some where not long ago that you voted for every Democrat until 2000 (even Mondale and Dukakis) but you've basically voted GOP since. Why the switch? (I can definitely relate though)

I became a REGISTERED Republican because I moved to a one-party town with party registration, and I'd be disenfranchised for local government if I were not a registered Republican. 

I was a VERY partisan Democrat, and, deep down, I'm still something of a Democrat at heart.  But in 1998, in prayer, I believe God told me to vote straight Republican.  And I did.  For Jeb Bush (yuk), no less.  And after prayer, I voted straight Republican in 2000.  For George W. Bush, no less.

Now I don't believe God told me to do this because he needed the GOP to win.  I believe God told me to do this because he wanted to test me, to see if my partisanship would be a stumbling block to my Christian testimony.  Could I do something uncomfortable in my voting life if God were telling me to do it?  Since then, I have truly been an independent voter.  I have voted for some Democrats (Kerry, 2004, and Obama, 2012), but the growing hostility of the Democratic Party toward Evangelical Christians has caused me to be unwilling to REGISTER as a Democrat.

I should say this:  I believe that God has approached new believers who were partisan Republicans and told them to vote straight Democratic for the same reason.  God is not looking to build a theocracy; he's looking to build His Church with folks who will hearken unto Him and do his will.  "My Sheep here My Voice."

I vote mostly for Democrats at the state level in Florida, due to the greed and corruption of the FL GOP.  I am torn between the GOP economic policies that are so blatantly for the rich, versus a Democratic Party that now comes close to openly hating Born Again Christians openly.  (The 47% commentary hardened my heart to Romney permanantly.)  Voting, for me, is never easy; I have to look at what I'm offered and do the best I can.

The thing I get a kick out of here is that I'm the exact type of voter that the Democrats need in 2020 that they have a chance in attracting, but some of the red avatars here do everything to alienate me. 
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 07:35:36 PM »

But in 1998, in prayer, I believe God told me to vote straight Republican.  And I did.  For Jeb Bush (yuk), no less.  And after prayer, I voted straight Republican in 2000.  For George W. Bush, no less.
what like a dream? vision?sorry you're going to have to explain that one to me
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »

do you think rich people should have to give their money to lazy people?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 07:53:06 PM »

But in 1998, in prayer, I believe God told me to vote straight Republican.  And I did.  For Jeb Bush (yuk), no less.  And after prayer, I voted straight Republican in 2000.  For George W. Bush, no less.

The Holy Spirit speaks to the spirit of a Believer.  The Holy Spirit is the presence of God on Earth today.  God, the Father, is in Heaven, and God, the Son, is at His Right Hand presently.  

The Bible tells us to "test the Spirits".  I prayed more than once to confirm that this was, indeed, God's will for me (emphasize "for me") in that situation.  

Rarely has God spoken to my Spirit about voting since.  I do pray before I vote.  The only time I really prayed before I voted was in 2008, as I viewed Obama and McCain as being both good men.  In prayer, God reminded me of McCain's experience and the value I tend to place on that in general.  So I voted for McCain, even though I was inclined not to for the bulk of the campaign.  

Now I will say that God has spoken to me directly in a dream.  I am 34 years sober from an alcohol addiction.  I once attended AA, and I still consider myself a member, but there are conflicts, spiritually, between their approach and Scripture. Yet many Christians I know (myself, included) were led to Christ while in AA.  

As a newly rededicated Christina in 1996, I could be quite critical of AA and its members.  But one night, I had a dream, where I was being critical, and God, Himself, said to me, "Why are you so hard on them?  I'm still using that thing (AA) to reach people!".  I woke up, weeping, but corrected.  God's ways are, indeed, far beyond my own.  That's the one time I clearly heard God in a dream.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »

The Holy Spirit speaks to the spirit of a Believer.  The Holy Spirit is the presence of God on Earth today.  God, the Father, is in Heaven, and God, the Son, is at His Right Hand presently.  

The Bible tells us to "test the Spirits".  I prayed more than once to confirm that this was, indeed, God's will for me (emphasize "for me") in that situation.  

Rarely has God spoken to my Spirit about voting since.  I do pray before I vote.  The only time I really prayed before I voted was in 2008, as I viewed Obama and McCain as being both good men.  In prayer, God reminded me of McCain's experience and the value I tend to place on that in general.  So I voted for McCain, even though I was inclined not to for the bulk of the campaign.  

Now I will say that God has spoken to me directly in a dream.  I am 34 years sober from an alcohol addiction.  I once attended AA, and I still consider myself a member, but there are conflicts, spiritually, between their approach and Scripture. Yet many Christians I know (myself, included) were led to Christ while in AA.  

As a newly rededicated Christina in 1996, I could be quite critical of AA and its members.  But one night, I had a dream, where I was being critical, and God, Himself, said to me, "Why are you so hard on them?  I'm still using that thing (AA) to reach people!".  I woke up, weeping, but corrected.  God's ways are, indeed, far beyond my own.  That's the one time I clearly heard God in a dream.

But what is that physical sensation that God is speaking to you like? Do you actually see or hear a figure/voice, or is it just having a thought instilled in you that you feel must be divinely inspired? If the latter, how do you know a thought is divinely inspired?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 08:00:46 PM »

Do you believe in ghosts?  If so, have you ever had a vivid or intimate experience with the paranormal (not counting God)?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 08:01:14 PM »

I think you've made a God out of money.

I think you believe poor people are poor because they are lazy, and that's not a Godly attitude.

I believe that the wealthiest in our society have a moral and practical obligation to support a safety net for the less fortunate.  Scripturally, "To whom much is given, much is required."  On a practical level, the safety net for poor people, industrious and lazy alike, is what keeps the poor from rioting in our cities, and storming our institutions because they are homeless and starving to death.  That's the model of a third world country; a thin veneer of rich folks and poor, desparate masses who get less than lip service.

And many of the rich are lazy.  If we renamed Inheritance Taxes the Paris Hilton Tax rather than the Death Tax, they'd become far more popular.  My own belief is that if the rich want their loved ones to get more of their money, they should gift it to them in their lifetime.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 08:07:01 PM »

But what is that physical sensation that God is speaking to you like? Do you actually see or hear a figure/voice, or is it just having a thought instilled in you that you feel must be divinely inspired? If the latter, how do you know a thought is divinely inspired?

Most of it is having a thought instilled in you.  It's hard to describe this experience, but Scripture does say "My Sheep hear My Voice."

The Bible also counsels Believers to "test the spirits" and "search the Scriptures".  God has set forth his plan for Man in his Word.  If a believer thinks they have heard from God on a matter, they can search the Scriptures for confirmation of that word they have received.  If such a word is in conflict with the Scriptures, it is not of God. 

God did not leave Man alone to guess what His plan for us was.  He set it forth in His Word.  He's given man everything necessary to know His Will and His Plan.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 08:16:11 PM »

Do you believe in ghosts?  If so, have you ever had a vivid or intimate experience with the paranormal (not counting God)?

I believe in all of that.  And I believe that God has explicitly warned His People not to dabble in it.

If there is a core belief of mine I would share with the World, other than the Salvation Message of Christ, it is that as a Believer, we are given authority in the Name of Jesus over demons.  God and  Satan are not equals; God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, whereas Satan is none of these.  That's why he needs demons to do his business.  Satan has power, and Satan can devour a man in his own power, but he cannot stand against the Name of Jesus, and must flee.

I don't go to seances, or play with Ouija boards.  I don't consult psychics.  I believe that these things are real, but God has empowered us in Christ to stand against the evil one, and he has warned us not to dabble in the enemy's practices.

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 08:18:48 PM »

What are your thoughts on Calvinism and Reformed Christianity?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 08:20:19 PM »

Does Florida have a problem with teenagers speeding in Tesla cars?

Have you ever been attacked by an Alligator?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 08:27:24 PM »

I think you've made a God out of money.

I think you believe poor people are poor because they are lazy, and that's not a Godly attitude.

I believe that the wealthiest in our society have a moral and practical obligation to support a safety net for the less fortunate.  Scripturally, "To whom much is given, much is required."  On a practical level, the safety net for poor people, industrious and lazy alike, is what keeps the poor from rioting in our cities, and storming our institutions because they are homeless and starving to death.  That's the model of a third world country; a thin veneer of rich folks and poor, desparate masses who get less than lip service.

And many of the rich are lazy.  If we renamed Inheritance Taxes the Paris Hilton Tax rather than the Death Tax, they'd become far more popular.  My own belief is that if the rich want their loved ones to get more of their money, they should gift it to them in their lifetime.

can you tell me what Christian denomination you are? I've been Catholic, Mormon, and non-denominational, and all that trying to find God has done is convince me that if God exists, he hates me. I'm curious as to what denomination you are, because all experience I've had with God, religion, or spirituality has been bad, and only led me to pain and rejection. I'm wondering how you seem to have found an appreciation for any kind of spirituality.

My parents (drug users) are Catholic, and they sent me to Catholic school when I was a child using my grandfather's money. It was a horrible experience and my parents and Catholic school made me truly believe, as a little child, that I was defective and unlovable. I was frequently told that I would go to hell for asking questions, both at school and at home. The other students at Catholic school also threatened violence towards me simply for trying to participate in activities with them.

The non-denominational group was better than Catholicism, but only because the non-denominational church simply excluded me rather than actively trying to hurt me, like the Catholics did. I always felt "out of the loop" no matter how hard I tried to get in. Most of the people my age there had been homeschooled and such, I think I was an oddity to them.

The Mormons are scary. They took all my information then tried to force extreme changes on me to reduce my contact with non-Mormons, and all hell broke loose with them when I told them I was gay. They still stalk me to this day.

So in my mind, money looks pretty good as a God. Money won't damn me to hell for having been a child with issues at home, at least.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 08:41:36 PM »

What are your thoughts on Calvinism and Reformed Christianity?

I don't know enough about it to thoroughly discuss it.

There are too many Scriptures for me to believe that who will and won't be saved is predestined.  It is God's will that none should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 

If, indeed, there is a set number of those who will be saved, then this renders millions of folks' lives as meaningless.  How one can have Free Will and yet God know the decision he will make at the same time is, to me, a mystery of the Scriptures, but I believe it to be true.  One of the things not possible with man that are possible with God.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 08:43:28 PM »

Does Florida have a problem with teenagers speeding in Tesla cars?

Have you ever been attacked by an Alligator?

No.  And No.

Gators can run 40 mph straight ahead, but cannot change direction really well.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 08:46:28 PM »

What would the Democrats have to do to convince you to vote for their presidential candidate in 2020?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 09:02:48 PM »

can you tell me what Christian denomination you are? I've been Catholic, Mormon, and non-denominational, and all that trying to find God has done is convince me that if God exists, he hates me. I'm curious as to what denomination you are, because all experience I've had with God, religion, or spirituality has been bad, and only led me to pain and rejection. I'm wondering how you seem to have found an appreciation for any kind of spirituality.

My parents (drug users) are Catholic, and they sent me to Catholic school when I was a child using my grandfather's money. It was a horrible experience and my parents and Catholic school made me truly believe, as a little child, that I was defective and unlovable. I was frequently told that I would go to hell for asking questions, both at school and at home. The other students at Catholic school also threatened violence towards me simply for trying to participate in activities with them.

The non-denominational group was better than Catholicism, but only because the non-denominational church simply excluded me rather than actively trying to hurt me, like the Catholics did. I always felt "out of the loop" no matter how hard I tried to get in. Most of the people my age there had been homeschooled and such, I think I was an oddity to them.

The Mormons are scary. They took all my information then tried to force extreme changes on me to reduce my contact with non-Mormons, and all hell broke loose with them when I told them I was gay. They still stalk me to this day.

So in my mind, money looks pretty good as a God. Money won't damn me to hell for having been a child with issues at home, at least.

I am a Pentecostal, but that's not the important part.

God deals with every man and woman personally.  He understands that you're not perfect; no man is.  Are you willing to call on Jesus and ask Him to forgive you and save you?  Are you willing to confess him as the Lord of your life?

That's how one becomes Born Again; to do that and believe it.  I believe that whatever your circumstances, if you believe that Jesus is who He says He is, and you ask him into your heart as Savior and Lord, you will be saved and empowered to live for Him.

I also believe that God will lead you to the RIGHT Church where you can grow in Him.  
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 09:04:25 PM »

What democrat candidate for pres, who is seriously considering running, would you vote for over Trump?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2018, 09:11:37 PM by Cadillac Conservative »

- How would you change the Republican party?

- What should the democratic strategy be for 2018 if they want to take back the house & senate?

- Would you vote for Tammy Baldwin over Donald Trump?

- How closely connected is the "Hollywood elite" to the democratic party, and does the "Hollywood Elite" hurt the democratic parties chances?

- Is Hillary the devil?

- FMK Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung Un, Emanuel Macron

- How does it feel to be one of the 530 voters that could have changed the 2000 election?

- How do we break out of our current political polarization?

- I am a catholic but very concerned that 80% of white evangelical christians voted for Roy Moore. Why did this happen? What do you say to religious young folks who feel uncomfortable with the old guard because of their support of people like Roy Moore?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 09:15:57 PM »

What would the Democrats have to do to convince you to vote for their presidential candidate in 2020?

It's more what Trump would have to do to lose my vote.  Trump's falling back on the tax cut supply side economics and gutting Obamacare is NOT what I expected of Trump.  Perhaps I should have; it's those folks who voted for him despite his positions and those folks who are sticking with him.

Now there's much for me not to like as to the Democrats' social issues.  That's why it's tough to give me a checklist of what they'd have to do to get my vote; they'd probably never nominate a pro-life Democrat for President.

If the GOP goes on a massive Right-to-Work push, I'd probably vote straight Democratic.  If there is a needless Middle Eastern War, I'd probably vote Democratic.  If the Democrats choose to emphasize immigration and social issues, then I'd probably vote for Trump.  

I have not committed to vote for Trump in 2020 as of yet.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 09:19:06 PM »

What democrat candidate for pres, who is seriously considering running, would you vote for over Trump?

Biden
Sanders
Brown
Klobuchar

There are others I'd consider who don't appear to be running.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 09:30:46 PM »

It's more what Trump would have to do to lose my vote.  Trump's falling back on the tax cut supply side economics and gutting Obamacare is NOT what I expected of Trump.  Perhaps I should have; it's those folks who voted for him despite his positions and those folks who are sticking with him.
are there any economic policies you agree with?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 09:58:06 PM »

- How would you change the Republican party?

I would emphasize policies specifically designed to build and maintain a middle class, including infrastructure rebuilding.  I would end tax policies that undermine the middle class by concentrating more wealth at the top.  I would enact a criminal justice platform that would dial back Draconian Penalties and overcriminalization and provide ways for a criminal record to not be a lifetime albatross for many.  I would continue to oppose abortion, but I would also oppose the death penalty and would attempt to link these two issues

- What should the democratic strategy be for 2018 if they want to take back the house & senate?

Focus on the issues of income inequality like a laser.  I would suggest single payer health insurance, except the Democrats are unlikely to agree on a coherent plan.

- Would you vote for Tammy Baldwin over Donald Trump?

Probably not, but I won't rule it out totally.

- How closely connected is the "Hollywood elite" to the democratic party, and does the "Hollywood Elite" hurt the democratic parties chances?

They are joined at the hip.  Their unpopularity now is at record levels because their deeds have been recently exposed.  They have nothing to say to America in terms of morals, and the average citizen that is legitimately undecided is fully aware of this.

No, just a nauseating elitist.  

- FMK Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung Un, Emanuel Macron

No to all.  I think the most highly of Macron, all things considered.

- How does it feel to be one of the 530 voters that could have changed the 2000 election?

Less significant than being one of five SCOTUS Justices that could have done the same.

- How do we break out of our current political polarization?

By turning to God and allowing Him to lead us in all areas of our lives, including our political lives.  This is not about a Christian Coalition checklist of issues (although they have their place); this is about folks having a real, prayerful relationship with the Lord.  It will require Him to soften the hearts of millions on both sides.

- I am a catholic but very concerned that 80% of white evangelical christians voted for Roy Moore. Why did this happen? What do you say to religious young folks who feel uncomfortable with the old guard because of their support of people like Roy Moore?

It happened because Evangelicals believe that the media lies when it comes to conservative Christians.  Here's a story that magically comes to light during a key Senate race about a man in elective life for decades.  And it's not been proven (and, perhaps, can't be proven).  

It also happens because many Evangelicals have been afflicted with massive partisanship.  My own feeling about Moore is that the accuser who was 14 at the time was the most credible.  Even if I didn't believe he was guilty of a crime, I find Moore dangerous in that he views himself as accountable to no man.  This is an un-Christian attitude; the Christian Walk is a Walk of accountability.  Moore has the unaccountable arrogance of the Prosecutor he used to be.  

I visited the Alabama Supreme Court and saw the monument Moore placed there that was ordered removed by the courts.  I very much felt God's presence there.  In my spirit, I felt that God wanted that monument to remain.  In retrospect, I must also add that God did not speak to my Spirit and say that he wanted Roy Moore to stay in public office, and perhaps now I know why.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 10:00:39 PM »

are there any economic policies you agree with?
I agree with his protectionist stances, and with his skepticism on many of our Free Trade agreements.  One reason I respect Trump on this issue is that he's been talking about this for decades.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies