Old School Republican for the People's House!(Running for Re-Election) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:27:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Old School Republican for the People's House!(Running for Re-Election) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old School Republican for the People's House!(Running for Re-Election)  (Read 2370 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: May 18, 2018, 03:57:00 PM »

I'm glad to see a fellow Fremontian running for federal office; however,

He thinks basically all undocumented immigrants are criminals, and every gang member was a normal kid before they got caught up in s**t. Us middle class whites literally cannot comprehend what it feels like to go through the s**t that would drive someone into a gang. You know nothing about these kids lives, yet you judge them as literally inhuman without a second thought.

Because people who join violent gangs are evil , and people shouldn’t show any sympathy to them . 
Do you actually believe all gang members are literally evil and entirely underserving of sympathy, or would you like to clarify this statement?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 05:30:30 PM »

I'm glad to see a fellow Fremontian running for federal office; however,

He thinks basically all undocumented immigrants are criminals, and every gang member was a normal kid before they got caught up in s**t. Us middle class whites literally cannot comprehend what it feels like to go through the s**t that would drive someone into a gang. You know nothing about these kids lives, yet you judge them as literally inhuman without a second thought.

Because people who join violent gangs are evil , and people shouldn’t show any sympathy to them .  
Do you actually believe all gang members are literally evil and entirely underserving of sympathy, or would you like to clarify this statement?

In that post I was specifically talking about members of violent gangs like MS-13. The crimes MS-13 commits are very evil and thats why I believe members of that gang are evil.

For gangs which arent nearly as bad , I dont believe everyone who is part of it is evil and I believe many can be rehabilitated and become law-abiding citizens.
Thank-you; I appreciate the additional nuance to your position. We're in agreement that violence is always evil, especially violence against the weak and defenseless, and I can see the argument that those who commit these acts are also evil. I do not agree that we should not have pity for those who practice evil (to quote the original Poirot, "We must be better than the beasts,"); I'd be happy to discuss this further if you like, but I understand if you don't want to derail your campaign thread with a moral-philosophical discussion.

Good luck with your campaign. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies