Armed Robber tries to rob a Mothers Day lunch......
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:52:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Armed Robber tries to rob a Mothers Day lunch......
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Armed Robber tries to rob a Mothers Day lunch......  (Read 824 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2018, 04:04:35 AM »

....and get's shot by one of the mothers.

Distressing video follows:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-16/off-duty-military-police-officer-shoots-robbery-suspect-brazil/9766192

That is one bad hombrina. Go Brazil!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:18:15 AM »

My favorite part was the look on the guy's face that was like "no!?  what did I do to deserve this?  Life is unfair!"
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 07:29:07 AM »

Thankfully, that off duty cop was likely armed with a 9mm instead of more powerful gun as there were people behind the robber when she shot. Also, neither of the robber's two shots hit anyone.

Also, that robber was an idiot even if he hadn't been shot. He allowed potential threats to be both in close and out of line of sight.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:23:33 AM »
« Edited: May 16, 2018, 08:27:52 AM by dead0man »

Also, that robber was an idiot even if he hadn't been shot. He allowed potential threats to be both in close and out of line of sight.
there are no regular people that are allowed to carry guns in Brazil so robbers like this don't have to worry about getting shot normally (the logic being that the police will protect you).  Probably explains the look of "why me?" on his face.

edit-
Thankfully, that off duty cop was likely armed with a 9mm instead of more powerful gun as there were people behind the robber when she shot.
very few people that carry use large caliber guns, partly for the reasons you just mentioned, but mostly because the extra lbs is a pain in the ass.  Carrying at all is a pain in the ass (which is why most CC permit holders don't carry most of the time), but carrying a heavy ass revolver is all the worse.  Why do that when Glock (and others)  makes plastic guns that are 97% as good at stopping a man.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:24:12 AM »

there are no regular people that are allowed to carry guns in Brazil so robbers like this don't have to worry about getting shot normally (the logic being that the police will protect you).  Probably explains the look of "why me?" on his face.

Even if she hadn't had a gun, he let her get close enuf to be a threat.

Brazil is an example the gun nuts like to bring up as it does have a high homicide rate, but it's rate of gun suicide is much much lower than the U.S. does. Personally, I think the statistics demonstrate that Brazil has a crime problem, not that it has a lack of guns problem.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 11:27:23 AM »

Brazil is an example the gun nuts like to bring up as it does have a high homicide rate, but it's rate of gun suicide is much much lower than the U.S. does. Personally, I think the statistics demonstrate that Brazil has a crime problem, not that it has a lack of guns problem.
I agree, it's the crime that's the problem, not the existence or not of guns.  The statistics in the US show that a few places have high murder rates and the rest of us are generally safe, irregardless of the number of guns, local gun restrictions or lack of 'em.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 09:02:02 PM »

I agree, it's the crime that's the problem, not the existence or not of guns.  The statistics in the US show that a few places have high murder rates and the rest of us are generally safe, irregardless of the number of guns, local gun restrictions or lack of 'em.

Only if you ignore the suicide and domestic violence stats.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 11:04:25 PM »

I'm safe from both of those things, as are most people.  I agree that suicidals and people that beat on their family should not have access to guns.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies