(MAP) 2018 Primary Electorate by County (COMPLETE*) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:43:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  (MAP) 2018 Primary Electorate by County (COMPLETE*) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (MAP) 2018 Primary Electorate by County (COMPLETE*)  (Read 12372 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 18, 2018, 03:45:53 PM »

What are you using as your data source? I'm making a similar map myself that averages the statewide contests (expect North Carolina) totals, R vs D. I can see at least one different county from what you have.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:41:07 PM »

Please explain how these map of partisan primaries are informative?
No one said that they were informative. They're just interesting ways of looking at the shares of how much one party turned out in contrast to the other

It's a good way of viewing long-term institutional strength. Especially since you have voters in both parties that are with the one party local and state level, but not federal. My rough estimate is 10% of the voters in North Carolina in the '80s, '90s, and '00s were "Democrats state and local, Republicans federal". That group pretty much decided who won every election.

Also seeing Democrats win some of those traditional down-ballot Republican suburban/urban counties like DuPage, IL, Chester, PA, Gwinnett, GA, Harris, TX, Hamilton, OH and Morris, NJ is striking.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 08:40:59 AM »

Democratic Gubernatorial nominees are only 536 votes away from toping the Republicans in Orange County. There is still 45,000 votes left uncounted, so I imagine Dems will easily take the lead here soon.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 01:45:39 PM »

What's up with that  uber red Texas county just southeast of the panhandle? Thats a super Republican area.

They didn't hold a Republican primary and I don't know if they ever have.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 01:11:13 PM »

Inspired by above and with the GE behind us, here's a map showing which party/parties won each county in the primary and general for 2018:

Which races did you use for this map? It appears to use a mix of both Senate and Governor races? Like Wisconsin and Ohio are for the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies