Glenn Beck: I’ll gladly vote for Trump in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:59:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Glenn Beck: I’ll gladly vote for Trump in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Glenn Beck: I’ll gladly vote for Trump in 2020  (Read 2410 times)
FDB
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2018, 05:04:29 PM »

deleted
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 05:08:12 PM »

circling the wagons
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 05:28:11 PM »

Wow, what a cuck
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 05:31:17 PM »

And I foolishly though Beck was mellowing. How wrong I was.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 05:32:15 PM »

he just wants attention.loser
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2018, 05:41:23 PM by Old School Republican »

Trump has been a much better President than I believed he would be in 2016 but I still wouldnt vote for him.

Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 05:47:30 PM »

Beck's a Mormon, and (supposedly) fairly dedicated to the faith.

I wonder if Beck's comments represent a sea change in terms of Mormon attitudes toward Trump.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »

Beck is right in that the media makes me even want to support Trump (I don’t but the media makes me want to )
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 06:08:13 PM »

Cheeto face is not welcome on the train, nor is he forgiven.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 06:10:01 PM »

Trump has been a much better President than I believed he would be in 2016 but I still wouldnt vote for him.

Why? (just wondering)

- He’s not been anti legal immigrant like I thought he would be

- Also I don’t think actually deported much more  more illegal immigrants  than Obama did at this rate

- He hasn’t banned an religious group from coming here

On the things he has done

- Tax Reform
- Getting rid of many regulations
- Moving the Embassy
- Gorsuch
- North Korea(So Far )

Doesn’t mean I support him though due to how bad of a person he is
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »

Glenn can see the endless gravy train of conning Trump supporters and he wants in on the action
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 06:37:35 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2018, 06:40:53 PM by Redneck Conservative »

Trump's foreign policy is better than I expected and his domestic policy was worse than I expected.

Tax reform made me super disappointed... I was really hoping he'd increase the EITC and give more to lower class people. The tax reform was pretty terribly done by any objective standard (unless you're a corporate shill, I guess). They could have handed a lot less to the top 1%.

A lot of my working class republican family in Alabama were very disappointed in the tax cut because they got peanuts in comparison to rich people. And it took Trump 11 months to do a tax cut that Bush did in 3 months (and Bush got far more bipartisan & public support for his tax cut).

And obviously the sabotage of health care will hurt a ton of people come October.

Basically I'm very disappointed that Trump is copying George Bush in domestic policies. Bush ended up with a 28% approval rating and the biggest democratic supermajority since 1974 + the first black president, so not sure why he would copy Bush's policies.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »

duh

beyond a few quirks, Trump has been the most conservative president in recent GOP history. Any Republicans who have left the boat over Trump either have left the GOP for the foreseeable future or are already back on the GOP Train.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »

duh

beyond a few quirks, Trump has been the most conservative president in recent GOP history. Any Republicans who have left the boat over Trump either have left the GOP for the foreseeable future or are already back on the GOP Train.

At least the furthest right since Harding and probably at least as conservative relative to their respective times.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 07:48:03 PM »

Why? (just wondering)
snip

Has he been a “bad” person as president, though? Even if he’s still not an angel, does it matter? When I see what he’s done as president, all I see is efficiency and that’s really all that matters.

Oh, come on now. Efficiency? In what way? Spending extra time on the golf course, so that he doesn't have to waste time going to back to do his job?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2018, 07:55:54 PM »

Imagine if Trump goes down in history among Conservatives/Republicans as a Reagan-esque figure.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 08:20:03 PM »

Why? (just wondering)
snip

Has he been a “bad” person as president, though? Even if he’s still not an angel, does it matter? When I see what he’s done as president, all I see is efficiency and that’s really all that matters.

Oh, come on now. Efficiency? In what way? Spending extra time on the golf course, so that he doesn't have to waste time going to back to do his job?

Cmon, enough with the golf course trope and take a look at what he’s done. You don’t like what he accomplished so far but you have to admit he’s fulfilled a TON of his campaign promises and more.

No? Outside of Gorsuch (probably a promise kept, but the jury will technically be out for a while), he's done nothing but smoke and mirrors. The "tax cut" that he promised would benefit the poor at the expense of the wealthy didn't do that at all. After all the bluster over the Paris Deal, we're not "leaving" until 2020 and will meet all of the CO2 requirements before and after that date anyway. He appears to be on the verge of getting back in the TPP before we ever left. Etc. Etc. Etc.

He could have derailed health care for millions and millions of Americans, but he was too lazy and incompetent to actually accomplish that.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 08:28:28 PM »

Why? (just wondering)
snip

Cmon, enough with the golf course trope and take a look at what he’s done. You don’t like what he accomplished so far but you have to admit he’s fulfilled a TON of his campaign promises and more.

here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 08:49:25 PM »

Why? (just wondering)
snip

I'll never forget when he repealed Obamacare after campaigning on "repeal and replace" as one of his top 3 promises.

And don't give me that "they got rid of the individual mandate" bs.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »

Imagine if Trump goes down in history among Conservatives/Republicans as a Reagan-esque figure.

Already happening.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 09:25:13 PM »

Why? (just wondering)

snip

Has he been a “bad” person as president, though? Even if he’s still not an angel, does it matter?

Of course it matters. The Potus needs to be a role model to young children.
All he has done is act like a narcissist jack*ss.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 09:32:29 PM »

Why? (just wondering)

snip

Oh ... let's not point-out trump's lazy-butt on the golf course.
trump cultists made it a huge theme to discuss the times Obama went to the course.
And Obama's visits to swing the clubs is tiny compared to the current huge trend of the Orange Clown.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 10:03:47 PM »

While Trump hasn't done what I most feared he might decide to do (start a nuclear war), and has had occasional accomplishments I approve of (removing us from the Paris Accord, approving Keystone, expanding offshore drilling), and I approve of a majority of his judicial appointments, none of that changes the single biggest reason I am #NEVERTRUMP - I simply can't trust the guy. Time and time again, he says one thing to the cameras and then something totally different behind closed doors. Time and time again, he tells a member of congress something, only to retract it (or have one of his advisers do so) after a few hours/days. Time and time again, his advisers have outright lied before Congress - or used the pathetic excuse of "I don't recall....". Seriously, if all the "I don't recall"s are true, at least half of his cabinet has alzheimers. I still couldn't trust Trump in my college apartment for 5 minutes, let alone trust him to run the country.

And that doesn't even get me started on all the bad stuff he has done..from the travel ban... to his "so much better!!!" health plan nearly killing at least 16 million people (an event that was only stopped by the extreme heroism of John McCain)...to a tax cut in which 80% of the benefits went to the wealthy...to increasing the deficit by such levels that we will be back to the $1.3 trillion 2009 deficit before long......to, most recently, leaving the Iran Deal.

Seriously, unless Glenn Beck has been living under a rock, there's no reason to leave #NEVERTRUMP.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2018, 10:18:46 PM »

While Trump hasn't done what I most feared he might decide to do (start a nuclear war), and has had occasional accomplishments I approve of (removing us from the Paris Accord, approving Keystone, expanding offshore drilling), and I approve of a majority of his judicial appointments, none of that changes the single biggest reason I am #NEVERTRUMP - I simply can't trust the guy. Time and time again, he says one thing to the cameras and then something totally different behind closed doors. Time and time again, he tells a member of congress something, only to retract it (or have one of his advisers do so) after a few hours/days. Time and time again, his advisers have outright lied before Congress - or used the pathetic excuse of "I don't recall....". Seriously, if all the "I don't recall"s are true, at least half of his cabinet has alzheimers. I still couldn't trust Trump in my college apartment for 5 minutes, let alone trust him to run the country.

And that doesn't even get me started on all the bad stuff he has done..from the travel ban... to his "so much better!!!" health plan nearly killing at least 16 million people (an event that was only stopped by the extreme heroism of John McCain)...to a tax cut in which 80% of the benefits went to the wealthy...to increasing the deficit by such levels that we will be back to the $1.3 trillion 2009 deficit before long......to, most recently, leaving the Iran Deal.

Seriously, unless Glenn Beck has been living under a rock, there's no reason to leave #NEVERTRUMP.

Well most conservatives supported the Tax Reform Bill cause the US needed to cut Corporate Rates and the plan didn't even cut the top income rates by much. The tax bill at most increased the yearly deficits by 150 billion(Which can easily be offset in spending cuts) so most of that deficit came from increases military spending(Which you would have gotten from both the center-right and center-left) and the increasing interest expenses(Which you have to pay).

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2018, 10:22:00 PM »

Well most conservatives supported the Tax Reform Bill cause the US needed to cut Corporate Rates and the plan didn't even cut the top income rates by much. The tax bill at most increased the yearly deficits by 150 billion(Which can easily be offset in spending cuts) so most of that deficit came from increases military spending(Which you would have gotten from both the center-right and center-left) and the increasing interest expenses(Which you have to pay).

Except we didn't actually offset tax reform with spending cuts. Instead we decided to force a massive omnibus bill down congress's throat, in which we decided that as a result of cutting taxes, we needed to increase spending even more. And this coming from the party who nearly forced us to default on our debt in 2011 and 2013.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies