If this is Democratic ticket travel map in late-October 2020, what does it say?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:40:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  If this is Democratic ticket travel map in late-October 2020, what does it say?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If this is Democratic ticket travel map in late-October 2020, what does it say?  (Read 1697 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2018, 02:59:51 PM »

**The darker the color red is the most trips by the Democratic presidential ticket.

If this is the Democratic presidential ticket travel map by candidates and surrogates in late-October 2020, what does it say about the presidential campaign?
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »

The ticket is Kamala Harris/Sherrod Brown and it is winning bigly.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 05:16:05 PM »

The Democrat is a dumbass for travelling to both Virginia and North Dakota
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 05:18:45 PM »

The Democrat is a dumbass for travelling to both Virginia and North Dakota
And South Carolina and Montana while ignoring Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Rhenna
Gabor
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 05:25:02 PM »

Heidi Heitkamp/Jim Clyburn ticket
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »

I don't think there's any way Ohio could be safe D after voting for Trump by 9. So it must be safe R. The midwest/great lakes must have collapsed for the Democrats, and they are trying the sunbelt strategy to make up for it, which will fail.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 07:19:06 PM »

I don't think there's any way Ohio could be safe D after voting for Trump by 9. So it must be safe R. The midwest/great lakes must have collapsed for the Democrats, and they are trying the sunbelt strategy to make up for it, which will fail.
That's one of the ten most stupid things you've said today.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 07:38:25 PM »

I can't imagine why a Dem would take the time to visit Maine and not NH, the latter was much more closer than the former.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 02:05:24 AM »

A pending obama 08 style victory. The economy is in a recession.
twenty42
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 03:52:59 AM »

Hillary wins the nomination again and is still trying to #expandthemap.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 05:37:43 AM »

That's one of the ten most stupid things you've said today.

Must have been removed.

This suggests that the President is on the verge of losing in a landslide. This campaign at this stage could be more about shoring up a Senate majority than about anything else because the Democrat is on the brink of winning 400 or more electoral votes. 

President Trump is of course an abject failure as President.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 05:07:32 PM »

MT Treasurer informs me that Maine is a swing state and NH is Safe D because of those angry women though, so this is clearly an anomaly

So ME (which I think is Lean D, not Toss-up) will trend away from Republicans but NH will “remain” a pure Toss-up? Unlikely, to say the least.

Anyway, this would be a good campaign strategy for Heidi Heitkamp, but obviously this is a troll thread.

I can't imagine why a Dem would take the time to visit Maine and not NH, the latter was much more closer than the former.

And VA was closer than PA in WI in 2012. Things can change, you know.

This is not a troll thread. A Booker-Bullock ticket could potentially see this map in late-October 2020.

Democrats could contest ND, MT, NE-02, AZ, GA, and TX in October 2020. Democrats could potentially concede the Midwest to Trump and try the Sunbelt-affluent suburbanite+downscale white voter coalition strategy.
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 06:55:18 AM »

MT Treasurer informs me that Maine is a swing state and NH is Safe D because of those angry women though, so this is clearly an anomaly

So ME (which I think is Lean D, not Toss-up) will trend away from Republicans but NH will “remain” a pure Toss-up? Unlikely, to say the least.

Anyway, this would be a good campaign strategy for Heidi Heitkamp, but obviously this is a troll thread.

This is not a troll thread. A Booker-Bullock ticket could potentially see this map in late-October 2020.

Democrats could contest ND, MT, NE-02, AZ, GA, and TX in October 2020. Democrats could potentially concede the Midwest to Trump and try the Sunbelt-affluent suburbanite+downscale white voter coalition strategy.

After the Hillary loss, MeToo, and 2018 shaping up to be the year of the woman, I think it the ticket should be better balanced than Booker-Bullock. If she holds on this year, make it Booker-Heitkamp, or Harris-Bullock, or something like that.
JG

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 08:27:56 AM »

After the Hillary loss, MeToo, and 2018 shaping up to be the year of the woman, I think it the ticket should be better balanced than Booker-Bullock. If she holds on this year, make it Booker-Heitkamp, or Harris-Bullock, or something like that.

It would be a very bad political move to waste a ND senate seat that will be lost to the republicans in a special election for the remote possibility of winning North Dakota's 3 electoral votes in a presidential election.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 08:48:38 AM »

A competitive or R-favored in the start (ie heavy investment in VA, WI, MI, CO, even MN and NM) followed by a serious R scandal which suddenly expands the map, hence the later investment into TX, AZ, GA, MT. The ND stop is pipeline-activism-related, and the SC stop is part of a bus tour from VA to NC in the early part of the campaign.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 12:14:03 AM »

The TMAC/someone campaign is winning bigly.

So bigly that TMAC has opted to send his VP around the country while he mounts an old-timey "Back Porch" campaign from his residence in NOVA for the first time since Harding 1920.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 04:57:30 AM »

Their strategy is even stupider than Hilary Clinton's.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 07:47:53 AM »

A competitive or R-favored in the start (ie heavy investment in VA, WI, MI, CO, even MN and NM) followed by a serious R scandal which suddenly expands the map, hence the later investment into TX, AZ, GA, MT. The ND stop is pipeline-activism-related, and the SC stop is part of a bus tour from VA to NC in the early part of the campaign.

Good point. The Democrat may have acted as if the Presidential race would be close early, but polls in such states as Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and Virginia have suddenly gone from suggesting bare leads to two-digit leads.

Something has gone catastrophically wrong for Trump. It could be that a market crash has led from a financial panic to fear of another Great Depression. It could also be a sex scandal.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 01:52:47 PM »

WI, NV, VA, NH, MI, PA  will seal the deal
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 09:16:46 AM »

Is this not the Hillary travel map?
UncleSam

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 12:51:30 PM »

If a Dem is traveling to both a Virginia and the Dakotas it suggests that that candidate is inept and is probably going to get slaughtered. There is no possible excuse for this travel map that is based in reality.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 06:44:24 PM »

They seem pretty confident, but are probably being overly ambitious. It would be awesome to see the Democrat win some of those states but it's not practical. They should focus only on the biggest, most elastic, and swingiest states.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies