June 2018 Federalist Party Convention (Preparing for August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 06:46:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2018 Federalist Party Convention (Preparing for August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: June 2018 Federalist Party Convention (Preparing for August)  (Read 5643 times)
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2018, 10:29:26 AM »

Hi, I am a former member of the Federalist Party and would be humbled to receive your endorsement for Governor of Lincoln. I have changed registration to the Civil Democratic Union since the party aligns more with my views. I am very moderate and hope to work with both sides of the aisle.

Thank you for your consideration.

-Spark498
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2018, 12:05:48 PM »

x Haslam
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 06:13:11 PM »

x MP Tea Party Hater
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 12:02:54 AM »

X Pessimistic Antineutrino
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 11:19:26 AM »

We have two more days for both nomination requests and for primary speeches, I would really prefer not to have to delay the primary election, but I also insist on some primary candidacy speeches. Tongue
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2018, 11:32:14 AM »

S E X I S M
Tongue
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2018, 12:05:04 PM »

I'd like to request the Federalist endorsement for Lincoln Senate, if it's possible to run for it against a Federalist. 
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2018, 11:10:36 PM »

I'd like to request the Federalist endorsement for Lincoln Senate, if it's possible to run for it against a Federalist. 
I think all Federalist candidates are endorsed automatically.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »

X TheSaint250
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2018, 04:38:38 AM »

Come on now, you guys are being extremely low energy this cycle. If you want our votes, earn them with making speeches. Evil
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2018, 11:29:58 AM »

what? are you joking?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2018, 11:35:16 AM »

what? are you joking?

No, I'm not.  I believe my voting record represents the Federalist Party more than my opponent's platform does.  But I'd like clarification if I can or can't run for the endorsement, or if I can just make a speech asking for the votes of Federalists in Lincoln.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2018, 12:32:15 PM »

what? are you joking?

No, I'm not.  I believe my voting record represents the Federalist Party more than my opponent's platform does.  But I'd like clarification if I can or can't run for the endorsement, or if I can just make a speech asking for the votes of Federalists in Lincoln.
lol
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2018, 01:59:15 PM by Not Senator Not Madigan »

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Federalist Party, thank you for allowing me to speak here today.  I wish to humbly ask for your vote in the upcoming Lincoln Senate Election.  Now, why me?   Because I believe I've stood for the values of the Federalist Party as Senator.

In regards to gun control, I supported the Let's Try This Act co-written by PPT Reactionary, and I believe that that's the fullest extent to which the Federal Government should pursue gun control.  The Right to Bear Arms should be protected, with minimal restrictions, not overrestricted by Banning  suppressors, fining people up to 100K for having suppressors, and limiting magazine capacity, like my opponent voted to do. 

On the Budget, I believe we should curtail unneeded spending, cutting older military weapons systems, streamlining the government, and selling unused federal land, as well as only passing fully funded bills in the Senate, which is why I supported the Senate's Paygo resolution.

In addition on the Budget, I believe we should keep the current tax rates and only raise taxes on the top 2 (413-441K and 441K+) as well as eliminating tax loopholes for those 2 brackets in order to help balance the budget, rather than overhauling the entire system and raising taxes significantly on Atlasians (Like a 50% Tax on $1,000,000+ seems a bit out there).   

Finally, I believe I have a better record of expanding Liberty and reducing government involvement in Lincoln and Atlasia.  I've voted for every "Dumb Regulations Repeal" bill that PPT Reactionary has created, eliminating tens of needless regulations on Atlasians.  I supported the Postal Reform Act, which allows more items to be shipped by the postal service and helps to make the post office fiscally solvent.  I supported the Reforming Criminal Law Act, which removes federal prohibitions of substances and mandatory minimum sentencing for possession of substances, helping to equalize the criminal justice system and will reduce the number of non-violent criminals in our prisons. 

To conclude, I give you this one final promise.  If reelected, I will continue my record of defending Personal Liberty, Gun Rights, reducing the deficit, and fighting for a slimmer Federal government with overall low taxes for all, as I believe those are what Atlasia and Lincoln truly deserve. 

Thank you for your time, and may Dave bless Lincoln, The Federalist Party, and Atlasia.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Federalist Party, thank you for allowing me to speak here today.  I wish to humbly ask for your vote in the upcoming Lincoln Senate Election.  Now, why me?   Because I believe I've stood for the values of the Federalist Party as Senator.

In regards to gun control, I supported the Let's Try This Act co-written by PPT Reactionary, and I believe that that's the fullest extent to which the Federal Government should pursue gun control.  The Right to Bear Arms should be protected, with minimal restrictions, not overrestricted by Banning  suppressors, fining people up to 100K for having suppressors, and limiting magazine capacity, like my opponent voted to do. 

On the Budget, I believe we should curtail unneeded spending, cutting older military weapons systems, streamlining the government, and selling unused federal land, as well as only passing fully funded bills in the Senate, which is why I supported the Senate's Paygo resolution.

In addition on the Budget, I believe we should keep the current tax rates and only raise taxes on the top 2 (413-441K and 441K+) as well as eliminating tax loopholes for those 2 brackets in order to help balance the budget, rather than overhauling the entire system and raising taxes significantly on Atlasians (Like a 50% Tax on $1,000,000+ seems a bit out there).   

Finally, I believe I have a better record of expanding Liberty and reducing government involvement in Lincoln and Atlasia.  I've voted for every "Dumb Regulations Repeal" bill that PPT Reactionary has created, eliminating tens of needless regulations on Atlasians.  I supported the Postal Reform Act, which allows more items to be shipped by the postal service and helps to make the post office fiscally solvent.  I supported the Reforming Criminal Law Act, which removes federal prohibitions of substances and mandatory minimum sentencing for possession of substances, helping to equalize the criminal justice system and will reduce the number of non-violent criminals in our prisons. 

To conclude, I give you this one final promise.  If reelected, I will continue my record of defending Personal Liberty, Gun Rights, reducing the deficit, and fighting for a slimmer Federal government with overall low taxes for all, as I believe those are what Atlasia and Lincoln truly deserve. 

Thank you for your time, and may Dave bless Lincoln, The Federalist Party, and Atlasia.

Endorsed.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »

Endorsed.
you are not a federalist.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2018, 05:18:26 PM »

Endorsed.
you are not a federalist.

I realize that, however, he still has my support since I was once in the party.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »

Not Madigan’s sided with Federalist values again and again.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2018, 05:24:38 PM »

Not Madigan’s sided with Federalist values again and again.
he should become a federalist if he is more federalist than the Federalist candidate in the race.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2018, 09:12:34 PM »

Good evening,

I come tonight to ask for your endorsement for the House of Representatives. As a once federalist, I still hold true to many values of this party. If elected to the House, I want to do my best to always put the people first and not any party. I want to be an independent voice in the House. One that will work with all parties to get things done to better our Nation. That is the reason I am running for House. I want to be a voice for the people. So I ask for your endorsement. I ask for your help to move our Nation toward a positive future. One where parties agendas are put to the side and the people’s needs are put first.

Thank you and God bless - Vern
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2018, 01:36:51 AM »

Old School Republican's Convention Speech

Thank You, Thank You. It is a great honor to be able to run for the house as a member of this great party. I want to also thank President Fhtagn for serving Atlasia with honor and having great achievements such as making reforms to reduce the costs of healthcare, passing education reform, Destroyed all of North Korea's WMDs and shut down their nuclear program. While Fhtagn has been a great President, there are always ways to improve our nation and that is why we must elect North Carolina Yankee as our next President of Atlasia. North Carolina Yankee will work hard to reduce our enormous budget deficit of over 904 billion dollars as he knows that high of a deficit is unsustainable and we must make reforms.

As a member of the House I intend to sponsor and work hard to get these reforms passed to reduce our deficit: first  we must audit departments which are allocated the most taxpayer money, so we can find out how much taxpayer money is being wasted and use it to cut waste from the departments and spend taxpayer money more efficiently and ban pork barrel spending . Second we must grow our economy so I believe small business who employ 3 or more people should pay taxes at the corporate rate instead of the income rate as that will help grow their buisnesses which will mean more jobs and more revenue. Lastly, we must reform our regulatory system by requiring a cost-benefit analysis by a third party group for any new proposed regulations by the executive branch and if any regulation is deemed to have a larger cost than a benefit, the regulation should not go into effect unless it is approved by Congress. This will make sure that any regulation we pass does more good than harm and making sure unnecessary regulations dont get implemented is a good way we can make our economy grow.

Thank You All Again
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2018, 03:53:01 PM »

Hey Louisville! I am here today in this wonderful city in Kentucky to ask for the endorsement of the Federalist Party for Lincoln Senate.

I support increasing the freedom of regions to make decisions on the problems that affect them. This includes giving regions more control of education and schools. Likewise, I also believe citizens deserve more freedom in their everyday lives. Reducing federal government overreach on the rights of citizens and regions is a high priority of mine. This includes when I introduced the “Right to Try Act” to the Atlasia House as a regular citizen, which gives people the freedom to use non-FDA approved treatments.

I support reducing the deficit by reducing unneeded defense spending and cutting other wasteful spending. I also support tax reform which will reduces taxes on the poor and middle-class, and makes sure the rich and wealthy pay a fair amount. Senator Not_Madigan attacks my plan for overhauling the entire tax system, but I think thats what we need to do to help our citizens. While the rates in my tax reform proposal are rounded to numbers divisible by five and are not yet the final rates, all tax rates will all be decreased from the current rates to the lowest level possible for those making under $250,000.

I support a noninterventionist foreign policy. Otherwise, we will get stuck in other future conflicts like the current situation in Korea.

-Lincoln Secretary of State Jimmy7812
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2018, 09:23:59 PM »

I was told the Southern Senate election is this weekend.

I have prepared a report card with the status of all of the policies I specifically mentioned in my original campaign announcement found here

Free Speech
Free Exercise - Passed Senate; Pending House
Eminent Domain
Policing practices
Asset Seizure and Forfeiture
Prison practices
No-Fly List
Atlascare customer metadata
Environmental tariffs - Passed Senate; Pending House
PBGC Reform - Passed Senate; Pending House
Buy-Atlasian contracting preferences - Passed Senate; Pending House
U6 measure of unemployment - Passed Senate; Pending House
H1B visa Reform - Passed Senate; Pending House
EB5 visa Reform - Passed Senate; Pending House
Special interest tax deductions - In talks with Rep. Neveragain
Excise taxes - Passed Senate; Pending House; More Planned
Tar sands oil tax - Passed Senate; Pending House
User Fees - Passed Senate; Pending House; More planned
Resource production on federal land - Still Planned
Wireless spectrum auctions - In talks with Rep. Ninja
Sell federal power plants - Still Planned
Farm subsidies
Maritime differential subsidies - Passed Senate; Pending House
Federal loan programs - Pending in the Senate
Eliminate Federal flood insurance - Still Planned
Consolidate redundant programs - Still Planned
Eliminate redundant agencies - Still Planned
Social security reform - In talks with Rep. Neveragain
Allow meals on wheels to accept food stamps
Right to try experimental medicine
Eliminate doctor funding cap - Passed Senate; Pending House
Eliminate ethanol blending - Passed Senate; Pending House
Propane freedom
Medical cocaine - Passed Senate; Pending House
Bump stocks as machine gun components
Extend background check period
NICS reporting

As you can see we have made great progress on passing a lot of good bills to protect our freedoms and eliminate dumb government. 14 policies from the list have become law and 14 have passed the Senate. I still plan to go after socialist banking, flood insurance, and other corporate welfare if reelected; feel free to ask about specific policies. Additionally The Senate has voted to repeal over 100 dumb regulations since I was elected. If reelected, I pledge to continue supporting similar policies and unleashing the economy.

Thank you for reading.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2018, 06:28:50 AM »

Lechasseur's Convention Speech:

Good evening, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak to you all.

Atlasia is doing very well thanks to our president Fhtagn's competence as Head of State and Commander-in-Chief, and we should be aiming to continue going in the right direction by electing NCYankee to the Presidency and for Federalists in other offices.

After having thought about it for a while, and having accumulated experience in the Southern House of Delegates, I decided to run for the Atlasian House of Representatives in order to help Atlasia continue to prosper, while at the same time bringing things to the table that I believe had been missing in Nyman up to this point.

The first thing I bring to the table is a pragmatic economic and fiscal policy. My only limtus test is keeping the National Treasury in the black, or at least reduce the debt. Anything to make this happen is on the table as far as I'm concerned. And as long as it's fiscally responsible, and properly funded, I'm willing to work with the opposition on programs to help normal Atlasians.

Second of all, I will defend moral values and tradition in order to help society stay healthy and happy, while at the same time recognizing that some questions are not black and white and have to be debated and carefully studied. And while I support traditional values, I also support tolerance and I want people of different backgrounds to be happy and comfortable.

And last of all, on foreign policy, I will support force when it is necessary but avoid it when possible. We need to make sure that we continue sticking to a Realpolitik and we don't get stuck in ideological extremes, whether hawkish or dovish.

Thank you for your time.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2018, 02:18:47 PM »

Politicalmasta73's convention speech-

Hey Louisville, thanks for letting me speak!

As Federalists, we have a lot of ideological diversity in our party. An example would be me, a liberal on economics and moderate on social issues. However, we must stick to our key principles if we are to win elections. If my membership of a political party in Atlasia was based on Ideology, I would probably be in PUP or Peace. But I know those parties aren't gonna get nearly as much done with control of the levers of government. Under the presidency of fhtagn, whether you like what she has done or not, the level of activity and bill passed is commendable, and this is with the left controlling congress. With feds in full control, a wave of activity and prosperity will come.

Thank you!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies