The German Republican Vol 1: 1916-1940
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:07:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The German Republican Vol 1: 1916-1940
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: How would you like to see Midterms and Presidential Elections go?
Summaries for Both
Prez Summary and Midterm Election Night
Prez Election Night and Midterms Summary
Election Nights for Both
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The German Republican Vol 1: 1916-1940  (Read 3530 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 08:59:39 AM »

also, if anyone is curious

Senate

60 (-1 Republican Loss [TN])-36 (+1 Democrat Gain [TN])

House

280-155

Governors

30-18
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 02:35:53 PM »

Chapter 1: March-August, 1917: The First Six Months of Adenauer

"My Fellow Citizens:

The four years which have elapsed before I was elected to this noble and prestigious Office have been filled with some of the worst governing of this country that it has ever seen. In no other time since the Civil War has our country been this racially divided. In no other time has our Economy slowly began to tank. In No Other time have we become such a warmongering monster. Now, however, there is a time for change.

While I was growing up in my rural hometown of Knxoville, in my beloved state of Tennessee, my father always said to me: "In diesem Land kannst du dein eigenes Schicksal wählen und etwas aus dir machen. Only here are we truly free to be our own people and come to prosperity." and all of that is true. In this country, we can make or break our own destinities. It is time we re-embrace that America is truly equal for all!...
"

- an Excerpt from President Conrad Hermann Joseph Adenauer's (R-TN) inaugural address (March 5th, 1917)

The start to the Adenauer administration was quick and fast-paced as in the first few days, the new President repealed the GIT that Wilson had put in place and raised Tariffs a bit higher than where it was in Taft's presidency. This was followed by the withdrawal of troops from Haiti, the end of Loans to the Entente and an end to the Jim Crow-ing of the Federal Government, allowing African Americans the same jobs as whites held once more. By the end of his first 100 days, all of the things that Wilson had done that brought down the United States had been done away with and fixed.

With a majority of his domestic issues dealt with, he then focused himself on perhaps the issue of which was the main reason why he won the election in the first place. The 12 Civilian Death at the hands of Canada was not lost by many in the United States and President Adenauer had repeated his demand for an apology that he demanded for on November 5th. Britain refused to give the apology, stating that Canada was not in the wrong.

The War in Europe had been turning South for the Entente at this time and the Adenauer administration was not helping things much. In the first few months, it seemed the Entente would overpower the Central Powers but as time went on, the Entente got weaker and weaker. First, the planned offensives into the German Pacific and African Colonies were a complete failure and now the colonies of France, Belgium, and Britain were under threat. The, a massive wave of Terrorist attacks when several Irish and Indian sailors blew themselves aboard dozens of British Vessels in 1915, crippling the Royal Navy by half and weakening the blockade on Germany, which was broke at the battle of Jutland in mid-June, 1916 for a few months. Finally, there was the Easter Rebellion in Ireland that was occupying some British troops and the War in the East that was seeing Russia in a worse and worse position. Even worse, the failed attack on the Ottoman Empire had led to a successful offensive of their own that saw the capture of British positions in Iraq and the Suez Canal falling into Ottoman hands. While a planned offensive was destined to hit British Yemen and Oman, the war in the Balkans and Italy had gone very south with Serbia and Montenegro as well as Albania being quickly overwhelmed while Greece was holding on for dear life. At the same time, in Italy, a strategic attack aimed at the Po by the Austro-Hungarians had led to a crippling of Italy in Early 1915, one they would never recover from. Due to all these troubles, as well as the stupidity in Admiral Essen of the Russian Navy attacking a few Swedish shipping ships, which saw Sweden join the Central Powers, which brought Norway into the War to try and stop, which was a failure at any rate, the accidental bombing of the Netherlands that brought the Dutch in the Central Powers, and Japan having switched sides in December of 1916 and having an offensive against Russia in the East and Briatain and France in their other colonies, the Entente was now looking worse for wear and did not need the US joining the War against them at the time.

President Adenauer wasn't a big warhawk himself and was initially alright with just embargoing the Entente until May 17th, when a message from a spy in Mexico reported that the British were actively influencing situations in the Mexican Revolution and that there had been a plot to invade the USA via Mexico. Mexico was a place of great interest to Great Britain, due to it being a major trading partner and the Yucatan Peninsula's close proximity to the British colony of Belize. US Troops were immediately scrambled to the Southern and Northern Borders as well as the Coasts to prepare for Naval invasions. The spark ignited with a squadron of Brits attacked an American patrol across the Rio Grande on June 17th, 1917, thinking they were enemy Mexican Rebels. the US Patrol responded by firing back and after several hours, the British retreated. With the news of this having reached President Adenauer as soon as the fight began, he requested Congress to give a Declaration of War on the Entente, which was voted unanimously in both the House and Senate. The US had joined the Great War and had immediately started their offensives into the Bahamas, Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, and other British and French possessions in the area, while US Troops was sent to Neu Wilhelmsland in the pacific and Liberia in Africa to help fight the Entente in those regions. Days later, Spain joined in and declared war on the Entente and so would Romania. Afghanistan, China, Mongolia, and Persia, all of which were practically Entente puppets, were forced to join the war and Siam was replaced with an Entente-friendly government.

US Forces quickly overwhelmed Mexico and within days, they established a Puppet state in Mexico City and an Occupation of the Yucatan, Chihuahua, Sonora, and Baja and Belize as well. The First American troops to witness the horrors of war, however, was at the First Battle of Vancouver. There, in British Columbia, Canada, 56,700 US Troops faced 11,600 Canadians and 10,230 British soldiers. What many thought would be an easy victory that would take two days at the most turned into a bloodbath as the Canadians and British dug into Trenches while the Americans charged at them. They were mowed down by Machine Gun fire. The first day of the Battle, June 23rd, 1917, had seen 6,000 Americans wounded and 2500 dead. The Second and Third Days weren't much better and after a month of Brutal fighting, The US Soldiers retreated back into Washington, Bloodied and bruised but not beaten. In the East of Canada, however, a different story was being told. The US had put a majority of resources on the East Coast to hopefully overrun the Entente forces there and make sure that Washington D.C. would not face the same fate it did in 1814. Very quickly, Canadian cities such as Toronto, Montreal, and Ontario fell with little effort by the US Forces. By July 19th, The Territory of Ontario was put under USA Occupation while New Brunswick was added into the State of Maine and Nova Scotia became a US Territory. Finally, as an insult to the British, the Province of Quebec became an American Puppet and the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador was added into the Republic of Quebec.

While the war in America was simmering down, US forces arrived in Africa, the Pacific, and even the Middle East and Asia itself. The Fighting in the Pacific and Africa was minimal at best as there were little Entente forces left, many of them fighting the Germans or Ottomans, so it was what one would consider a cakewalk series of Victories. As their forces met with German and Iberian forces, they stopped their advance and simply began to wait out the storm. The same happening in the Pacific with every Island having at the most a squadron defending it, though the United States, Germany, and Japan were planning for a big invasion into Australia in Next Year, simply due to the fact that it was a major striking point. India was different. The US capture of the Maldives, Goa, and Sri Lanka would be their only victories in the region for months simply due to the fact of Indian Human Wave Attacks.

Finally, 7500 American Troops arrived in Europe, mainly hitting the Netherlands first and then being transferred to the Western, as the Balkan, Easter, and Italian Fronts were collapsing with France and Britain barely fighting. Morale in German Forces were bolstered though it was low numbers due to current US Manpower already being spread thin, but on August 11th, just a month before the Second Battle of Vancouver began, President Adenauer signed the Manpower Act, which would see the US Military rise from 2,500,000 that it currently was at to at least 9,645,000 by January of 1918 or December of 1917 at the earliest. With their being little in the way of real domestic reform, the Great War took up much of his time in those few months, though he would lay the groundwork for the 18th, 19th, and 20th amendments as well as the Groundwork to an addition to the 17th Amendment. When August, 1917 had ended, President Adenauer was extremely popular, though he faced some opposition due to the war. With the next four years being a time to greatly look forward to, it seemed that nothing could slow Adenauer down.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »

Update #2 coming tomorrow.

Until then, give thoughts, criticisms, and other things you have when reading this TL. Have a fantastic day Smiley
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 04:26:13 PM »

This is great. It’s historically accurate to what would have happened under the circumstances, I would have rooted for the President pretty hard tbh. Hope to see more domestic action take place by 1920, I’m sure he’ll win re-Election in a walk. My only question is does he retire in 1924 and come back when the depression really hits, or if he’ll come back at a far later time.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 04:35:22 PM »

This is great. It’s historically accurate to what would have happened under the circumstances, I would have rooted for the President pretty hard tbh. Hope to see more domestic action take place by 1920, I’m sure he’ll win re-Election in a walk. My only question is does he retire in 1924 and come back when the depression really hits, or if he’ll come back at a far later time.

Adenauer sees Washington as a Role Model and would respect the Two Term Limit set by him (He'll actually have Term Limits set for the President and Congress in the Early 1920s). Expect Domestic Action to begin in mid-1918 at the earliest simply because by then, the Entente is out of juice and can longer fight. He'll be an advisor and will certainly be a Secretary of State for One President (won't reveal who) but expect the Republicans to be more popular than the Democrats in after the 1920s.

Also, I plan for a split in the Democratic Party in 1920 between a Wilson Favorite and the actual Dem Nominee and I plan to have a special Candidate for the Dems run in 1928 to defeat the incumbent R President at the time. I'll give you the only hint for that guy. He is from New York.

other than that, expect the 1918 updates to have mainly the winding down of the war and aiding to the CP and expect the four constitutional things to be declared after the end of the war.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 05:08:44 PM »

Adenauer sees Washington as a Role Model and would respect the Two Term Limit set by him (He'll actually have Term Limits set for the President and Congress in the Early 1920s). Expect Domestic Action to begin in mid-1918 at the earliest simply because by then, the Entente is out of juice and can longer fight. He'll be an advisor and will certainly be a Secretary of State for One President (won't reveal who) but expect the Republicans to be more popular than the Democrats in after the 1920s.

Also, I plan for a split in the Democratic Party in 1920 between a Wilson Favorite and the actual Dem Nominee and I plan to have a special Candidate for the Dems run in 1928 to defeat the incumbent R President at the time. I'll give you the only hint for that guy. He is from New York.

other than that, expect the 1918 updates to have mainly the winding down of the war and aiding to the CP and expect the four constitutional things to be declared after the end of the war.

For some reason, I thought he’d come back for eight more years (‘33-‘41) to combat the Depression. This sounds like a great future though. I’m hopeful for America, and that’s good to heal and ooo that hint sounds gr8 I believe ik who it is. Good luck though this is actually incredibly interesting
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2018, 05:33:54 PM »

For some reason, I thought he’d come back for eight more years (‘33-‘41) to combat the Depression. This sounds like a great future though. I’m hopeful for America, and that’s good to heal and ooo that hint sounds gr8 I believe ik who it is. Good luck though this is actually incredibly interesting

I hope to keep your interest Smiley
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »

why is this even a thing? lol
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »

Chapter II: September 1917-March 1918: A Country at War

Recording of Meeting between General Leonard Ward (British Columbia Front of the Great War/WW1), General John J. Pershing (American Expeditionary Force of the Great War/WW1) and President Conrad Adenauer (October 19th, 1917)

Adenauer: "Thank you for coming on such short notice, Generals. I know it's difficult being away from your men but we need to discuss with what is currently going on."

Wood: "Of course, Mr. President. Me and Pershing completely understand."

Adenauer: "Good. First, I want to be told our current situation. What's happening in Europe, Pershing."

Pershing: "Everything is well, Mr. President."

Adenauer: "But...?"

Pershing: "But the Germans have halted any offensive and are on the Defensive. Their manpower is stretched then as it is. True, Russia is collapsing, but they are having troops fight in the Balkans, Scandinavia, Italy, and the Middle East. They are supporting their allies and can't risk sending away troops from any reason. Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire are barely holding on and if the Germans withdraw aid, they'll fall apart. They do plan an offensive during New Years Week in 1918 but they need more American Troops. They've kept the ones currently in Europe in reserve for the time being."

Adenauer: "How Many?"

Pershing: "At the most, another 9500 men would probably be needed to be effective in the Newly Planned Offensive that the Germans are planning for."

Adenauer: "Wood, how is Vancouver going?"

Pershing: "Better than the first battle for it *chuckles*"

Wood: "Quiet, John! *Pershing stops chuckling* I hate it when Generals lie to their Government and tell them everything is alright because that's what the Government wants to hear. I won't make it easy for you, Mr. President. Vancouver is going really sour right now?"

Adenauer: "How many?"

Wood: "Excuse me?"

Adenauer: "Have many have we already lost?"

Wood: "Taking into account of all the missing, wounded, and dead, it's high..."

Adenauer: "How high?"

Wood: "Around 15,500 already."

*SILENCE*

Adenauer: *BANGS ON TABLE MODERATELY* "D*** it!"

Pershing: "You have almost twice as many troops as you did last time but that's higher than in the First Battle. Christ, are you really that inept, Wood?"

Wood: "John, I recommend you quiet down and shut up. I know my men are being slaughtered but we really don't have a better option! If you have one, I'm-"

Adenauer: "Quiet, both of you!"

Pershing: "Mr. Presi-"

Adenauer: "Quiet or I'll forcefully fire you from your positions right here and now! I need a few second to think."

*SILENCE REIGNS FOR A FEW MINUTES*

Adenauer: "Ok...ok. From a report given to me from Secretary Warren a few days ago, we have at the least 175,000 troops almost ready for active deployment. General Pershing, how would the Germans feel about them getting an extra 18,000 US Troops to aid them in the planned offensive along with the needed 9500?"

Pershing: "I think they would be ecstatic to hear the news, Mr. President."

Adenauer: "I'll have them be put in ships and be bound for the Netherlands by the 21st and they'll probably arrive sometime in November. Tell the German Generals to keep them in reserve until the Offensive begins."

Pershing: "I'll tell them as soon as I return to the front, Mr. President."

Adenauer: "You're dismissed, General."

Pershing: "Thank you."

*FOOTSTEPS ARE HEARD BUT GROW FAINTER UNTIL THEY DISAPPEAR A FEW MINUTES LATER*

Adenauer: "General Wood, I'm sending the rest of the troops to you-"

Wood: "Thank you, Mr.President. It might very likely help-"

Adenauer: "Let me finish. You didn't let me finish. I'm sending the rest of the troops to you at the end of the Month."

Wood: "But sir, we need more troops if we're going to win!"

Adenauer: "I understand that but have you gained any important ground since you engaged in the Second battle?"

*SILENCE*

Adenauer: "Exactly my point. General. If you haven't taken at least 2 blocks of Vancouver by the end of the Month, I am ordering you to disengage from the Battle. We'll use our Northern Pacific Fleet and co-ordinate with the Japanese Navy and blockade the City and it's Island. Well then use American and Japanese Marines to take Vancouver Island. I want Artillery to be positioned on Bowen Island as soon as possible. From all the Maps I'm seeing, it has the perfect vantage point of British forces in the city and is out of range of the Anglo-Canadian guns there. I'm Putting the few Alaskan Troops we have under your command to do just that."

Wood: "Thank you, General. I'll take you're suggestions and ideas into consideration."

*WOOD BEGINS TO LEAVE AS FOOTSTEPS IS HEARD*

Adenauer: "General, I haven't dismissed you yet."

*WOOD STOPS BEFORE RETURNING TO FACE ADENAUER*

Adenauer: "Thank you. As I was about to say before you tried to leave, I will transfer 20% of the Occupying forces in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, 10% of the supporting forces in Quebec and 5% of the Occupying forces in the Center of Canada while I'll also send General Peyton C. March to help assist you in preparations for the next battle for Vancouver. I'll put Captain Eisenhower in command of the forces that remain. He seems promising enough already. Understood?"

Wood: "Yes Sir."

Adenauer: "I want you to bombard Vancouver from the moment you retreat and continue to bombard until either March 21st or April 5th, whichever you think you're forces will be best prepared. Then attack the day after with all manpower you have available. At least 60% of the forces trained by the Manpower Act to you. Don't mess this up."

Wood: "I won't sir."

Adenauer: "Good, you're now dismissed."

Wood: "Thank you."

*FOOTSTEPS AS HEARD BUT GROW DISTANT AS WOOD LEAVES, LEAVING THE PRESIDENT ALONE IN THE ROOM*

Adenauer: "Mein Gott, I hope I was right in ordering that."

*RECORDING ENDS*

In the Months of September 1917 to March 1918, a lot went on for the Adenauer Administration, primarily due to the War. The first major thing that happened was the Second Battle of Vancouver Beginning. The Americans, numbering 74,300 this time around, were under the command of seasoned veteran General Leonard Wood and they were determined not to use. The British numbered 15,000 less than the Americans but they're dug in positions allowed them to easily stop the American hopes of capturing the city. At the same time, US squadrons that had went around South America had created several puppet states in every Government had been recalled after a quick scuffle that led to Brazil being defeated. Adenauer made an agreement with President Madero of the Mexican Puppet that in 1922, US Forces would leave the Occupied areas and allow Mexico to take control of them.

A Major advantage happened in Europe as German and Dutch Forces, bolstered by American Loans and Supplies, were able to win the Third Battle of Ypres or the Battle of Passchendaele, giving the Central Power clear access to the rest of Southern Belgium before they dug in and waited until January of 1918, which was when they planned their next big Offensive. This mean that the Entente would be allowed to commit as many attacks on German forces and wear themselves out. The American Expeditionary Force, under the command of General John J. Pershing, was a good boost of Morale even if they were in the reserves. They were put under the harsh German Military training doctrine, however, to prepare them for use in the New Years Offensive. As General Pershing reported, "These Germans are the toughest Military leaders in the world and our men are being whipped straight into shape by them."

The Rest of September and the First half of October in 1917 went by relatively Quietly due to nothing out of the Norm Happening. On October 21st, however, a group of 13,000 US Troops and several German Squadrons invaded Australia and New Zealand, taking Sidney within 48 Hours. Interestingly, this was the first use of the Buffalo Soldiers, African American Soldiers of the US Army, in The Great War and they had out preformed expectations, being the main reason why Sidney was taken so quickly. In Later October, the US Forces withdrew from Vancouver but began a long Bombardment of the City in order to make it soft to attack in the Spring of 1918. As October turned into November, 40% of the Buffalo Soldiers located in Sydney was relocated to Vancouver to aid in the Offensive for the City while 23% was sent to Europe to help prep German Forces for the Coming New Years Offensive, one of whom being Illinois Native Oscar Stanton de Priest, who is well regarded in American Politics for reasons that will be described later on in this story. Along with that, a complete total of 15% of all forces in occupied Canada was sent to Vancouver with General Peyton C. March being sent there to help General Wood create a better plan for a renewed Offensive on Vancouver and a fellow 7% of Occupying Forces across the Americas was sent to Vancouver as well (though many of these were tiny, only a few hundred or a few thousand at best) and 147,500 of Recently trained US Soldiers was sent to Vancouver as well while the other 27,500 was sent to Germany as well. Vancouver was being seen by many as America's Somme and it was believed that the Americans would fight to the last man to take the city a third time.

The Entente at this time was at the most desperate they had ever been. On November 7th, Russian Communists did a successful Coup against the February Provisional Government and created a Communist group of Soviets, which controlled each city, following the coup, with Vladimir Lenin being the main reason for it. This was followed by the request for an Armistice as Russian and German forces began to halt their fighting across the Eastern Front. Though Germany wouldn't accept said Armistice until December, France and Britain were in the most vulnerable state they had ever been in, especially France. They believed that one last Offensive was needed to win the day before the Majority of US Troops had arrived so they could at the very least have a favorable peace. With the Newly Created French 43rd Army and British 122nd and 145th Armies, an Offensive was planned to go down the center of the Front line and force the Germans back a bit so France could have some breathing space, at the expense of Belgium. This Offensive, called the Luxembourg-Metz Offensive, had the targets of the city of Metz and the country of Luxembourg, which, if captured, would cripple the German War Effort for a few months. The German high command caught wind of the offensive and allowed the Anglo-French forces to pass with no real signs of a battle as 3 newly freed up German Armies from the East were sent with the German 5th Army to take the City of Verdun and cutoff the Entente forces in the area. After the Offensive's beginning on November 13th, it slowed and quickly, it ended on November 27th unofficially as Entente forces got bogged down near Metz. Verdun would fall on December 1st and with American Moral Support, the Luxembourg-Metz offensive forces would surrender to German forces on December 9th. This was the last major Entente Offensive of the War and for the last 11 Months of it, they would completely be on the Defensive.

On January 4th, 1918, the German Empire launched the New Years Offensive, though it was 3 days later than New Years Day. The main plan was to use all Central Powers forces on the Western Front, meaning the Dutch forces and the forces in Reserve, such as the American Expeditionary Force, would be used in said Offensive. The AEF now numbered 35,000 and was ready to be deployed. The sole purpose of this offensive was to take the rest of Belgium and as a bonus capture the French City of Calais. The Main Idea behind it was to demoralize the Entente so they wouldn't be properly ready for the planned Summer Offensive coming in June. The Offensive was slated to end on January 25th, meaning it only had 3 weeks to have the success needed to take the needed Objectives.

The Fifth Battle of Ypres (The Fourth Battle occurred From November 12th and ended on November 19th, as it was meant to be a diversion for the Luxembourg-Metz Offensive) which occurred from January 5th-10th, was really where the AEF shined. In that Battle, the AEF  was able to defeat a force twice as numerous and far more hardened than them due to their freshness and their best soldiers, such as Oscar Stanton "Bullseye" de Priest, nicknamed for his accuracy as he shot French, British, and Belgian soldiers in the Battle, Alvin "Gobbling" C. York, A Tennessee Native, whom was nicknamed for his Turkey Gobbling that allow him to easily pick off Entente soldiers who would get of cover to look around in confusion for a Turkey on the Battlefield, and finally "Charging" Adolph Hitler (AN: Little Note, please know that I in no Way, Shape, or Form like Hitler or support him. I put in this TL as an American just because the POD is far away enough that this would indeed happen. Rest assured though, I won't make him seem great and will allow the Hitler name to be seen as Evil for everyone.), a Texas Native, who was nicknamed when he charged and killed 9 British Soldiers without any help. Together, on January 8th, they led a group of 15 soldiers, including themselves, were able to trick and capture several hundred of Entente Forces on the Left Flank, which forced them to retreat from Ypres or be surrounded. Thus, on January 10th, they left Ypres, and Belgium, for good. York, de Priest, and Hitler were praised as Heroes after this victory and President Adenauer wished to meet them due to their actions during the battle.

The AEF would follow up with the capture of Calais, which was abandoned due to the Entente retreating completely to Dunkirk, on January 13th, and the Siege of Dunkirk, which would end with the British and French surrendering on January 27th. All in all, the New Years Offensive had been overly successful as because of it, the French would retreat to a much stabler front line at the Marne River, where the Germans had been stopped 4 years prior. All Across the World, the Central Powers were having numerous success with the capture of Southern China, Coastal Indochina, Singapore, and Burma to the Germans as well as Siam becoming a German Protectorate, followed by the end of Hostilities with the Ottoman Empire due to the Germans creating a protectorate involving the Arab peninsula, The armistice requests from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Belgium, Greece, Italy, and India being accepted and Spain, due to American and German Support, was able to occupy Portugal, take Gibraltar, and capture a small piece of Southern France, though it wasn't much. With the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk being signed on March 3rd, Thousands of German soldiers were freed up and they were all sent West along with Austro-Hungarian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Swedish, Ottoman, and Albanian Forces coming with them while 27% of the newly trained US soldiers trained due to the Manpower Act arrived in the Netherlands. All of them were sent to the Front line and became Reserves in waiting. On June 7th, the Summer Offensive would begin and it only had one goal, capture Paris, which would hopefully end the War, and all forces on the Western Front that hadn't been used on it yet as well all forces that were still in use on the Western Front. As a side note, as leverage over the Soviets and Lenin, the Swedes were able to rescue former Tsar Nicohlas II of Russia and his family and they were safely transported to Germany, where Nicohlas would live out the rest of his life.

Alvin C. York, Tennessee Native and one of three Heroes in the Fifth battle of Ypres

Closer to home, US and Japanese forces had captured Vancouver Island and Bowen Island in December and thus secured a firm noose around the city. The forces under Generals Wood and March would be extremely massive and they had only one idea, take Vancouver after Bombing them to smithereens. At Home, President Adenauer still had a high Approval among many citizens for how he was handling the war, though support for the war itself was slowly fading. Two Democrats, Former Vice President Thomas Marshall and Former Secretary of Treasury William McAdoo would have arguments with Marshall arguing the Democrats to support President Adenauer during the war while McAdoo argued against supporting the President and said the US should've never gotten involved in the First place. As the Democratic Parrty began to split due to the fighting between these two, President Adenauer became even more popular after signing an Executive order that lowered the Minimum voting age to 18, stating "If you're old enough to serve your country, you're old enough to choose your leaders" and then signed another Executive Order that ended Child Labor Protection Laws on a National level, though the states would have to decide.

Finally, on March 22nd, with all needed reinforcements, the Third and Final Battle of Vancouver began 24 hours after the Bombardment that began in November was ended. The end of the War was in sight and because of that, President Adenauer and manly others felt very excited for what the 1918 may say about how the American people felt about the war.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »

What does everyone think of the new update and what may happen soon? Thoughts and Criticisms are always appreciated.

Also, I have a little challenge. For those willing to take it, here it is: Choose any Politician or Major Historical figure from a Country other than the United States (they have to have been alive at least by the time of US conception in 1776), have them be born in America instead and then do a TL of them rising through the ranks of American Politics to become President.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2018, 12:09:48 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2018, 02:30:32 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Chapter III: April 1918-November 1918: An End to the War

The Final Months of the war between the Entente and Central Powers were one that many saw as the most critical part of the war. The months of April and May were Relatively limited in scope, with only the 3rd Battle of Vancouver and the fall of much of British and French Africa taking place. The most important event, in fact, happened on May 25th, when Karl I of Austria-Hungary, Wilhelm II of the German Empire, and President Adenauer met in the city of Belgrade, which was under Bulgarian occupation at the time. The Meeting was to discuss the crisis of Austria-Hungary's Fragile Empire. The multiple ethnicities within the Empire were threatening to tear one Another apart and any gains that Austria made would only further destabilize the Empire unless something was changed. Thus, after a week of discussion, on June 1st, a solution was reached. Once the War ended, the Kingdoms of Austria and Hungary would split but remained aligned with one another as separate kingdoms, with the Kingdom of Austria having Austria Proper, Bohemia, and the Po Region, which would be annexed by Austria once a Treaty was signed, and the Kingdom of Hungary would have Hungary proper, Bosnia, Croatia, and some of Moravia, though they would have to give Transylvania to Romania. In one final way to keep peace and stability, Albania would be allowed Montenegro, the Peloponnese Peninsula in Greece, the Western Greek Coastline, and the little parts of Serbia Bulgaria wasn't interested in, though they too would have to be aligned with Austria. With that major problem solved for the time being, The Central Powers now began to focus for their last hope at ending the war by the end of the Year.

On June 7th, All German, Dutch, American, Austrian, Swedish, Romanian, and Bulgarian Generals ordered for the Summer Offensive to begin. It had only two goals: Capture Paris and End the War. Within the First three days of the Offensive, the City of Paris fell as well as the City of Dunkirk. One main reason why the Central Powers had such a rapid advance was due to the fact that not only did the Central Powers greatly outnumber the Franco-British forces in France, but they both had no real supplies or Manpower left and their Morale was decimated following the Spring Offensive and their own failed Luxembourg-Metz Offensive. Within a Week, all of Northern France had been secured. Within Two Weeks, there were few French cities left that wasn't under Central Powers control. By the End of the month, France requested an Armistice with the Central Powers, which they accepted on July 6th. This fact allowed thousands of troops to return home while "Bullseye" de Preist and "Charging" Hitler were staying at home since they left on leave in April to run for Political Office in their respective states, with Oscar running for Senate in Illinois and Hitler running for Representative in Texas' 14th Congressional District, where he was born and raised. York stayed behind in Europe to help keep the Occupation of France going.

On July 21st, the City of Vancouver fell to US Forces and the Central Powers sent a request for an Armistice to London the Following day. An answer wasn't given so the Central Powers launched Operation Easter Freedom, in which US Troops would liberate Ireland, on August 3rd. After 2 weeks of Fighting, Ireland was liberated and a true stranglehold on the the British homeland began with all Navies forming a massive blockade around the Island. After a few months of this, the British sent a request for an Armistice on October 29th. The Central Powers would accept it on November 11th, with the US having accepted it on November 4th, with many stating that it was Victory in Europe day, though this was mainly to help the Republicans keep both the House and the Senate the day after. Peace Talks began but for then forward, The Great War ended in a Central Powers Victory.

On the Domestic Front, a few things had changed, with President Adenauer enacting the "True Primary Act" in which there would be a field of Candidates for both parties running against one another for the Senate or House Seat that they want to be. The two with the biggest Vote Margins, even if the biggest crosses 50%, will go on to face the other in the General Election. Though Many States would not begin to completely adopt this act until the 1980s due to how loony it seemed. President Adenauer would also sign the 18th Amendment, limiting Presidential Terms to 2 4 year terms while Senators were allowed 2 6 year terms and Representatives were allowed 6 2 year terms and once those terms were finished, they were not allowed to remain in Office and instead would have to give the position to their successor who won the Election. Finally, on October 25th, the 18th Amendment and the "Youth Voting Rights Act" that was added to it gave Women the Right to vote and allowed those at the age of 18 and above the ability to vote, with President Adenauer stating "If one is old enough to fight and serve their country, one is old enough to vote for the leader who sends them to fight." This allowed President Adenauer to spike to an Approval in the high 60s, which allowed him to campaign for Senators, allowing the Republican Candidates a fair chance at winning the race, and the same was said for the House.

Following the Armistice with Britain and an end to the war, Adenauer's popularity spiked to a height of 76% on Election Day for the Midterms. It was a success for Adenauer, as the Republicans picked up Several seats and kept a hold in both the House and the Senate, allowing the policies that Adenauer had brought to be enacted without much challenge for the rest of the year and most of 1919.

There you go, Chapter 3. I'll post the Midterms ASAP but after that, I won't post for a while again. Writing Fanfiction is quite difficult.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2018, 03:53:51 PM »

Midterms Summary:

Senate:

Republicans: 74 Seats (+14 Seats) (all Special Elections except SC and LA go Republican)
Democrats: 22 Seats

House:

Republicans: 312 Seats (+32 Seats)
Democrats: 133 Seats

Governors:

Republicans: 34 Governors (+4 Governors)
Democrats: 14 Governors
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies