Evolution and creationism are both destructive
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:00:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Evolution and creationism are both destructive
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are creationism and evolution both destructive?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Evolution and creationism are both destructive  (Read 1317 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2018, 12:14:57 AM »

Creationism is intended to make everyone feel weak and scare us into serving the universal Saddam Hussein, make us fear his eternal torture chambers for those who won't bow.

Evolution is intended to make us feel worthless and devoid of personal ambition, like we are just cogs in the evolutionary machine.

If you believe in these ideas, it is going to keep you from believing in yourself and your ability to become a true Übermensch. It will reduce your life to simple subservience to others.

Yes or no?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 01:59:25 AM »

Evolution is a scientific fact, it isn't "intended" to make us feel anything.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 07:37:33 AM »

Creationism is intended to make everyone feel weak and scare us into serving the universal Saddam Hussein, make us fear his eternal torture chambers for those who won't bow.

Evolution is intended to make us feel worthless and devoid of personal ambition, like we are just cogs in the evolutionary machine.

If you believe in these ideas, it is going to keep you from believing in yourself and your ability to become a true Übermensch. It will reduce your life to simple subservience to others.

Yes or no?

Although I don't that is the intention of evolution, if it makes you feel that you are powerless that is not a good thing. We have more power than we think, and if that is what your concept of a "true Übermensch" is, that is a good thing. Of course, if that term is used in a racist way that is not a good thing. My point is that empowering people, all people, is a good thing, but difficult. It is summed up in the cliché, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." You can encourage a person to be independent, but not force "him" to think.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 11:22:36 AM »

Yes or no?

Although I don't that is the intention of evolution, if it makes you feel that you are powerless that is not a good thing. We have more power than we think, and if that is what your concept of a "true Übermensch" is, that is a good thing. Of course, if that term is used in a racist way that is not a good thing. My point is that empowering people, all people, is a good thing, but difficult. It is summed up in the cliché, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." You can encourage a person to be independent, but not force "him" to think.

I meant it in a non-racist way. I think everyone on the planet has the ability to become an Übermensch if they actually work at it, and I think basing anything in your life on your race, or giving value to others based on their race alone, is extremely stupid.

I see what you are saying however. I think it's a shame that not everyone aspires to become powerful and shape reality around them. Too many people give up their ambition.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 11:54:25 AM »

I didn't think that you meant it in a racist way, but the word might trigger some folks.
I agree with what you say.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 12:02:28 PM »

I didn't think that you meant it in a racist way, but the word might trigger some folks.
I agree with what you say.

It's bothersome that the Nazis stole and twisted so many of Nietzsche's ideas lol
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 12:38:14 PM »

Not in and of themselves, but they can be.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 05:24:43 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2018, 05:28:48 PM by Meclazine »

Simply false.

Evolution is totally independent of your psychological state.

It was never designed or intended for anything to do with human beings. It is simply a scientific theory used to explain variation in species over time due to natural selection.

It's a key fundamental principle of biology.

Your capacity to live a lengthy and fulfilling life is a product of your ancestors being subjected to it.

If you want to fear the "literal machine cogs of existence", go study quantum mechanics.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 01:27:27 AM »

Evolution is just a theory. A disproven one in fact.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 12:18:31 PM »

How has evolution been disproven?
Florian Geyer
Chadpotkin
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 12:15:25 AM »

I would personally say that taking what scientists say as an absolute fact is wrong, mainly because the definition of what is scientific fact is always changing. As illustrated by Charlie in an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia , scientists are not always right.
Florian Geyer
Chadpotkin
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 10:39:45 AM »

I would personally say that taking what scientists say as an absolute fact is wrong, mainly because the definition of what is scientific fact is always changing. As illustrated by Charlie in an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia , scientists are not always right.
Actually it was Mac, not Charlie.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 09:18:57 AM »

We all come from sin and it doesn't matter the way it started. It's called karma in other religions, which when we die, our debt is paid off.  Words,  deeds, and actions and parents karma, account for sin
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 03:05:38 AM »

How has evolution been disproven?

Shhh, let him stupidly close his ears and eyes to reality.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies