Second Peace Party National Convention (Con over, 3rd in Virginia City, NV)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:08:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Second Peace Party National Convention (Con over, 3rd in Virginia City, NV)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Second Peace Party National Convention (Con over, 3rd in Virginia City, NV)  (Read 3770 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2018, 07:51:29 PM »
« edited: June 29, 2018, 08:54:07 PM by Alt-Male »

Second Peace Party National Convention

Madison, Wisconsin

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »

All right, our first order of business will be leadership nominations. I give 48 hours.

I nominate Razze for Chair and OneJ for Vice Chair, but will run in case Razze declines.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 07:54:23 PM »

I would like to nominate myself for Chair.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 11:43:03 PM »

This is getting interesting. If Razze declines to run for chair and decides to remain Vice Chair, I’ll stay out of it. However, until then I’m undecided.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 07:20:19 AM »

This is getting interesting. If Razze declines to run for chair and decides to remain Vice Chair, I’ll stay out of it. However, until then I’m undecided.
Well, I was pretty much only nominating Razze in case nobody else declared, and Scott did, so...
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 11:51:35 PM »

I'll run for Chair. It should be neat to have it be competitive, no?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »

We still need someone for Vice Chair... OneJ?
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 08:15:05 PM »

I nominate both OneJ and Peebs for Vice Chair. Either one or both of you could accept. Just wanna get this process moving lol
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 08:30:13 PM »

Alright, then I accept both Peebs and Razze's nominations for Vice Chair.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »

Declining the nomination for Vice Chair. Been there, done that. I'll open up the vote, which will last for 48 hours.

For Chair
[  ] Scott of Wyoming
[  ] Razze of Florida

For Vice Chair
[  ] OneJ_ of Mississippi
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 09:53:07 PM »

For Chair
[1] Scott of Wyoming
[2] Razze of Florida

For Vice Chair
[X] OneJ_ of Mississippi
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 10:04:13 PM »

Chair
[2] Scott of Wyoming
[1] Razze of Florida

Vice Chair
[1] OneJ_ of Mississippi
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 12:35:49 PM »

Chair
[1] Scott
[2] Razze

Both of you are great candidates for the position though.

Vice Chair
[1] OneJ_
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 05:31:51 PM »

For Chair
[1] Scott of Wyoming
[2] Razze of Florida

For Vice Chair
[1] OneJ_ of Mississippi
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 06:14:37 PM »

Sorry that this is early, but I needed to do it now.

I would like to receive the endorsement of the Peace Party for president of Atlasia, as I believe that I am the best candidate to ensure that the values of Pacifists in Atlasia are upheld. Let's face it, neither of my opponents have a great record of doing so. I have been, and plan to continue to be, dedicated to supporting several progressive polices and policies that help us all throughout my career.  I have helped to pass bills that guarantee living wage, ensure high standards of safety, improve our criminal justice system, and uphold civil liberties, among other things, which I'm sure are important things for all Pacifists. These are things that would continue to be my priorities as president, finally ushering in a presidency which values these things. I don't have confidence that either of the other tickets will represent much of a break from the status quo of long term Federalist control of the executive, with one of my opponents being the man who ushered in this era and the other being being on a vague unity ticket which likely won't give Peace much influence. Of course there is also the founding issues of Peace, which is peace. Specifically being peaceful abroad. I advocate strongly for a foreign policy that puts diplomacy before combat, and partners before enemies. I am the one candidate for president who has pledged not to start unwarranted wars, with my opponents being vague at best with some reputation for supporting involving our nation in military conflicts which we don't need to be a part of. I want us to partner with the war, creating one where the people don't live in fear and are actively supported across the globe, which is certainly something that the Peace party would like to see. Out of all of the candidates for president, I am the one who will ensure that Pacifist values are incorporated into our government, which is why I am the candidate that Pacifists should select.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 10:06:36 PM »

I don't think we have time to do an endorsement vote for the Southern Senate election this weekend...

I'll let Peebs close the vote before doing anything further.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 12:24:53 AM »

I don't think we have time to do an endorsement vote for the Southern Senate election this weekend...

Pretty sure I get automatically endorsed since I'm already a Peace Party member, no?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 12:42:29 AM »

Pretty sure I get automatically endorsed since I'm already a Peace Party member, no?

...Sorry, having an off-night.  For some reason I thought Ninja was running for the Southern Senate seat. Tongue

And yes, you do.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 08:04:39 PM »

sh**t, I forgot.

Yes, Scott is the new Chair, and OneJ is back to his old post as Vice Chair.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 08:38:18 PM »

Thank you, Peebs.  And thanks to all of you who have placed their trust and confidence in me.  As Chair, I look forward to helping invigorate this party so that it may live up to its full potential.

And on that note, I hereby open the floor to requests for endorsements.  Requests can be as short or as long as candidates like, and speaking on behalf of candidates is permitted as well.  I myself will be advocating for the Lumine/Siren ticket soon.

Ninja's request for the Peace Party endorsement is duly noted.

Let's allow 72 hours for requests/speeches, and then we'll proceed to a vote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »

Delegates and supporters of the Peace Party, it is a privilege and a pleasure to be able to speak to you today and to perform something which is a solemn duty to me. That is to say, my formal request for the endorsement of the Peace Party to the Lumine / Siren ticket for the Presidency and Vice-Presidency of Atlasia.

My friends, the Peace Party is, as I understand it, a voice that advocates for an ideal of progress of many issues which extend much farther than foreign policy. It is a platform that also speaks of science, of culture, of innovation, of the necessity to protect our environment. It is a platform that without being 100% in line with the views of my ticket (because such a thing would be impossible to ask of any ticket), is compatible with the message that Siren and myself have consistently promoted and defended actively in the course of this campaign. It is time for things to change in Atlasia and for us to follow a different direction, and against the prospect of keeping things just as they are (as some would wish) we purport to offer a different route.

And mind you, not just a rhetorical one. One backed by record, by experience, by achievements, by a friendship which binds the two parts of this ticket in a common cause. I've had the privilege of knowing Siren and counting her among my friends for the past five years, and I see no problem in the fact that two Atlasians who agree on many issues (even if they disagree in some) can join forces to bring some necessary change into this nation, a proper sense of renewal and engagement, a context which is kinder and more welcoming to new and old people alike, particularly in these troubling times of rising partisanship and unethical behavior.

This ticket brings to the table an active foreign policy which is born out of a dialogue between two people who have much to offer. This ticket has a commitment to the promotion of science and innovation in Atlasia, particularly when it comes to leading the way in technological development and our space program. This ticket wishes to defend the environment actively, and ensure proper focus is given to this issue. This ticket brings to the table an active, competent and experienced team that can deliver on its promises. That is why, I believe, we've had the privilege of receiving the endorsement of several members of this party, and why I wish to count with the endorsement of this great party.

Thank you very much.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »

Additionally, I've made a point not to fight a negative campaign because of the belief that we should have a campaign of issues rather than personal attacks. And yet I find myself rather disappointed at Ninja here considering the unwarranted comments he's made. So do allow me to make brief responses to the points he raised:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

All that I can say to this is to invite the members of this party (and Ninja as well) to look towards my record. My environmental record, for example, constantly fighting in favor of environmental initiatives and against environmental regulation. My commitment to game reform, for example, which no one can doubt. My commitment to making sure there is proper oversight in foreign policy with measures such as the War Powers Amendment, which are a concrete measure instead of mere rhetoric.

This is the one that concerns me the most, but I'll be brief. First, I would note that even though he describes this ticket as being "vague" we're also the ticket with the most detailed platform and specific proposals, something which we haven't seen from his own ticket. Second, I would note that two Atlasians of different backgrounds joining forces to enact change is not a crime on by itself, and I find it disappointing he believes it to be a negative factor. And third, and most offensive, that he'd be so dismissive of my running mate. Anyone who knows Siren should know very well that despite her admirable patience and kindness she is not a person to be walked over, and the suggestion that she'd be a non-factor on my administration is insulting.

Once again, I invite my opponent to read my platform, and remind him that the lack of experience in foreign affairs can be an enormous problem when one faces the great responsibility of the White House. Unlike the Representative's brief time in Atlasia, I had to face that burden one, and did so without starting what he describes as an unwarranted war.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 02:52:06 PM »

I'm glad to be here today at the Peace Party National Convention. I would like to ask for the endorsement of the Peace Party for Lincoln Senate.

I will support bills that will result in higher-quality healthcare for all citizens and will fight to improve our education system so our children can go to better schools in Atlasia.

I will support bills that will improve and update our infrastructure, which will create many jobs. I also support a national job training program, which would increase the skills of the workforce as a whole.

I will support bills that protect the environment and prevent climate change, such as increasing investment in clean and renewable energy.

I want to find a way to end the Korean crisis as soon as possible, and I support a noninterventionist foreign policy, so we don’t get stuck in any future conflicts like we already have in Korea. Thank you.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2018, 02:53:28 PM »

Requesting endorsement for Fremont Senate.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2018, 04:24:28 PM »

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of the Peace Party!  I wish to humbly request your endorsement for the Lincoln Senate Race.

Why?  Because I believe I've supported bills adherent to the values of Peace and have advocated for Pacifist policies.

On Healthcare I voted to expand upon AtlasCare's successes with my support of the Health Through Prevention , Cheaper Medicine For the Poors, Right to Try, and Care for Veterans Acts, which work on lowering drug prices and the promotion of public health, allow Atlasians to receive experimental drug treatments, and to help Atlasian Veterans with better mental healthcare as a token of gratitude for their service. 

On Education, I support the fully funded HELIOS Act in order to give truly disadvantaged Atlasians a leg up in getting a college education, and will offer benefits for those with incomes above 250% of the federal poverty level, such as smaller subsidies for tuition and student loan refinancing. 

On Infrastructure, after some reflection I support and will vote for the final version of the High Speed Rail Act, as, in addition to it being fully funded, it will promote the construction of new high speed rail projects through heavily traveled corridors (to Nyman specifically), which will produce thousands of jobs and give Atlasians working in Nyman a far faster method of transportation. 

On the Amtrak section of the bill, I support allowing congress to vote on whether to fund it in the future rather than privatizing it, however I would like to work on possibly making Amtrak profitable in it's own bill, and I would be willing to work with Senator wxtransit and Representative Ninja0428 on this idea.

On the Environment, I supported the Environmental Regulations Act in order to regulate offshore drilling, establish excises on certain chemicals, and to create regulations to prevent oil spills from pipelines.  On both free trade and the environment I voted for the Fairness to Workers Act, which equalizes the playing field for Atlasian workers by levying duties on trade partners that fail to meet the same environmental production standards for products that Atlasia has, promoting the protection of the environment and protecting Atlasian workers and jobs.  Finally, at the suggestion of Fremont Speaker Scott, I opposed the repeal of the Carbon Tax as it's helped to reduce carbon emissions significantly, and I sponsored the Amendment to the Environmental Regulations Act which struck the repeal of the Carbon Tax Act from the bill.  In addition, I support further subsidies for green energy companies when the deficit crisis is solved, and I will continue fighting to move Atlasia toward a greener economy as I have throughout my first term, as well as being willing to support another environmental treaty like the Paris Agreement that would help protect the environment abroad as well as at home.

Finally, on Foreign Policy, I've been someone who leans dove/non-interventionist from the beginning, and I've been consistent on my view that the only time military intervention is needed is when our Allies are seriously threatened, that's why I support the current war in Korea to help our Allies, including the People's Republic of Korea, South Koreans, Japanese, Filipinos, Australians, Canadians, French, British, and Germans.  My opponent however, has had a number of different positions on this crisis, from using "Full Military Force" on the Chinese, to " I only support military action on countries that directly threaten Atlasia", to this wonder of a statement "While doing this, I support using our military to continue protecting South Korea, instead of focusing on invading North Korea."  On that final statement my opponent showed a complete lack of understanding of the situation in Korea, as he failed to recognize the very existence of the People's Republic of Korea, let alone the fact that we're allies with them, and in addition failed to recognize that if Atlasian troops were to leave the frontlines at this point our Allies would be severely weakened and possibly overwhelmed by Chinese and Loyalist forces.  I believe my opponent has failed to have a consistent position on this crisis, and the numerous positions he has taken have been either vague or dangerous to Atlasia and her Allies, and Lincoln and Atlasia cannot afford to have a Senator who fails to take a stand and is ill-informed on this crisis.

So to conclude, I've fought for expanding upon AtlasCare, for Education reform to help the truly disadvantaged, expansion of Infrastructure to help produce jobs and make the lives of Atlasians easier, to protect the environment and defend methods such as the Carbon Tax, and finally have been a consistent, firm, and measured voice on Foreign Policy that leans dove but is willing to defend our Allies when they're threatened. 

If reelected I promise to continue my record of helping Atlasia achieve progress at home and abroad.  Thank you all for your time, and I'm willing to answer any questions you may have on my positions.  May Dave bless Lincoln, the Peace Party, and Atlasia.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies