Pericles for the House of Representatives
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:37:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pericles for the House of Representatives
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Pericles for the House of Representatives  (Read 3276 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2018, 08:28:38 PM »
« edited: June 25, 2018, 12:06:28 AM by Pericles »

Good evening Atlasia!
I have decided, after careful consideration, that I am running for the Atlasian House of Representatives. I am a member of the Progressive Union Party(PUP), though I believe my candidacy can earn support from people of all parties. I have the qualifications and experience to do Atlasians proud in the House. I served as an MP in the Fremontian Parliament from August to December 2017, then in the Atlasian Senate for one term and since then have again served capably in the Fremontian Parliament. I have worked across party lines, working with Mr Reactionary on the Let's Try This Act, passing the Free Higher Education for Atlasia Act, and now in Fremont I have introduced several items of legislation so far.

I will make several promises to the people of Atlasia. In my current term as a Fremontian MP, I have a 100% activity record. I will do my utmost to have a 100% activity record in the House and to be as active as possible. The only exception to this will be if real life concerns intervene, in which case I will take a leave of absence. I have learnt from the mistakes of my Senate term-and will conduct all House business ethically and responsibly, and will avoid rash public statements.

I will be an active, dedicated, center-left Representative. I promise that I will do what I believe is right. On economic issues, my belief is that the government can, and should, be a force for good, and that we need to do more in Atlasia to create an economy that works for everyone, and so must reduce the gaping income inequality and high unemployment we face. That said, we must also do responsible deficit reduction, and take a balanced approach in this area, while ensuring that deficit reduction benefits, rather than harms, the Atlasian people. On social issues, I'm broadly progressive and will oppose efforts to limit women's choice. I will defend gun rights, but support responsible solutions and believe that there are reasonable compromises that can be made on this issue. On foreign policy, I am a non-interventionist and am wary of trapping Atlasia in foreign wars. However, we must defend our national interests and sometimes conflict is inevitable and necessary. I believe we must protect our environment, and support a tough approach to climate change-and will oppose any effort to roll back environmental regulations. Constitutionally, I've supported the Sulla Plan and think we can improve our current constitution. I am still to be convinced on some of the more radical proposals however, such as switching to a parliamentary system. Fundamentally, I believe in creating a society that works for all Atlasians, and that will be the foundational goal of all the work I do, if you elect me to the House.

Thank you for your time. I am happy to take any questions you have. It would be an honor to serve you in the House, and I hope you can support, and vote for(ideally first preference) my candidacy in this election. Have a good one!

Endorsements
Ninja0428
Jimmy7812
TimTurner
HenryWallaceVP
1184AZ
Trumpsucks!
tmthforu94
Speaker Scott
YE
canis
JGibson
VPH
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 08:31:51 PM »

Endorsed!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 08:37:23 PM »

Endorsed!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 08:39:23 PM »

Endorsed!
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 10:14:31 PM »

Endorsed!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 11:58:14 PM »

Endorsed!
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 12:58:47 AM »

Endorsed!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 09:37:08 AM »

Endorsed!!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »

You've certainly been an active MP, and I think you've learned from your past mistakes. Smiley

Endorsed.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 02:09:03 PM »

You've certainly been an active MP, and I think you've learned from your past mistakes. Smiley

Endorsed.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 03:00:02 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2018, 03:20:27 PM by Assemblyman LouisvilleThunder »

Passionately endorsed! Love There's no other crooked swamprat I'd rather see making the shady deals we need in Nyman in the name of  Smile bipartisanship Smile than you! Cheesy
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »

Thank you for your endorsements! It's great to have your support! I would have said all, but there's one exception...

Passionately endorsed! Love There's no other crooked swamprat I'd rather see making the shady deals we need in Nyman in the name of  Smile bipartisanship Smile than you! Cheesy

Endorsement not accepted. I'll be bipartisan and ethical if elected to the House.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 03:50:23 PM »

Thank you for your endorsements! It's great to have your support! I would have said all, but there's one exception...

Endorsement not accepted. I'll be bipartisan and ethical if elected to the House.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 07:42:13 PM »

Endorsed.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 05:31:08 PM »

My speeches to the Peace and Alliance conventions.
Speech to the Alliance
I request the Alliance endorsement for my House candidacy. I have a proven record of being bipartisan and working across party lines-whether in the Senate or in Fremont's Parliament, and I will do the same in the House. An example of this is the Let's Try This Act which I co-sponsored with Senator Reactionary to improve our gun laws, as well as working with Senator Lumine and wxtransit(then a Representative) on game reform, such as sponsoring dual office-holding reform legislation and voting for much of the Sulla Plan. I support, and will support, constructive efforts to improve our government, and I will be open with the Atlasian people-to inform my constituents about what I'm doing in the House.
I have been an active office-holder, and have improved recently-in Fremont's Parliament I have a 100% activity record and that's what will be my goal if I am elected to the House. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but I don't think Atlasia deserves an ideologue of any ideology and with me you won't get an ideologue but an active Representative who can work across party lines. I can listen to other views and work together to create the best legislation-and best outcomes-possible. That's what I believe you'd want in the House, and that's what I believe we deserve in the House.
Speech to Peace
I request the Peace endorsement for my candidacy for the House. While there are Peace candidates too, a high preference for my candidacy would be greatly appreciated. I share many Peace values; my foreign policy views are dovish and we should seek to avoid conflict overseas. On economics, I am progressive and think the government can, and should, play a positive role in the economy. I find the present levels of income inequality and unemployment in Atlasia to be unacceptable, and I will fight day and night to reduce them and create a fairer and more prosperous Atlasia for all Atlasians. I am broadly socially liberal, and I am also an environmentalist-and will oppose efforts to roll back environmental regulations. I'm not perfect, but I have learned from my mistakes-and promise to be an active, dedicated, progressive Representative if I'm elected. It would be an honor to have your support and your vote in this election. Thank you for your time.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 12:24:41 AM »

The election is on June 22-25, please remember those dates, make sure to vote and first preference Pericles for House!
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 09:45:46 AM »

Endorsed
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 02:36:36 PM »

Thank you! And thanks to all the endorsements I've received so far!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 06:52:33 PM »

The polls open at midnight, please make sure to vote! Please send me to the House and vote for progressive majority in the House and Ninja0428/1184AZ for President.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 12:27:45 AM »

The polls are now open-please get out and vote(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=294822 )! Please 1st preference me for the House. As for the rest of the elections, I urge people to vote Ninja/AZ for President, Lincolnites to vote for JGibson as Governor and DTC for Senate and Fremontians to just have some fun and no vote is a bad vote in Fremont.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 12:28:46 AM »

Lincolnites cant vote yet! Tongue
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 12:31:21 AM »

Well they can still vote federally but hopefully your booth opens soon.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 12:32:14 AM »

The problem is being solved my sincerest apologies for the delay in voting.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 12:33:12 AM »

The problem is being solved my sincerest apologies for the delay in voting.

It's not your fault AZ, it's the fault of the SOS for not doing his job.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 01:00:36 AM »

Great news; Lincoln's voting booth is now open!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies