Bagel23 For Chamber of Delegates, Again!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:02:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bagel23 For Chamber of Delegates, Again!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bagel23 For Chamber of Delegates, Again!  (Read 2329 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2018, 08:24:04 PM »
« edited: June 07, 2018, 07:52:21 PM by Bagel23 »

Greetings fellow Atlasians. I am Bagel23, and I am running to be the next member of the southern chamber of delegates! I am running on moderate, practical, and common sense platform and appeal. I am open to bipartisanship, and so much so that I think my winning coalition will consist of moderates on both sides of the aisle. I am a democrat in RL, but when I saw how left the “equivalent” party was in Atlas, I did not hesitate to cross the aisle, and join the moderate and common sense party that has produced great leaders such as Fhtagn. Here is a rundown of what I will try to implement in all my actions as a member of the southern chamber of delegates:

Immigration:

Extreme vetting, but no quotas, and welcome new immigrants. No wall, we need a comprehensive and digital security program, that ensures that good hombres get to come and stay, while the bad ones get the boot. We need hybrids of sanctuary cities like Boston. Do not go out of the way to chase illegal immigrants, but do not be hesitate to research and act appropriately on resident status should a felony be in question.

Abortion:

Big no-no, unless the life of the mother is in danger, or in certain extreme scenarios that will be judged on a case to case basis. Life starts at conception. No ifs or buts about it. I will fight to protect our unborn citizens.

LGBT Community:

Very simple policy here. They do not both me, so I will not bother them, let’s leave them alone already. We have better things to do with our time and taxpayer dollars than harass a bunch of homosexual individuals.

Foreign Policy:

Only one step up from isolationist. Pretty much same policy as the LGBT one.

Healthcare:

Open markets, protect pre existing conditions, health care is a right.

Drugs:

Legalize marijuana, and pretend like the others do not even exist. Again, better things to spend our money and time on than this.

Guns:
While I would wish to make all private ownership of guns illegal, I won't push for it since it won't pass ever. Instead, I will fight for the most stringent regulations possible, and attempt to choke the industry with red tape.

Economy:

I want to institute a federal minimum wage of $8.53.5 an hour. We have to raise the minimum wage a little bit, but we also have to be sensitive to the needs of employers and what they can handle without suffering as well. Right to work is also how we should be operating, I am a big believer in individual choice within reason, and this issue falls into that range. We also need to let the free market run its course with business interactions and sales unless it is to the serious detriment of the consumers. We also need to have a pro-trade agenda, and drastically slash tariffs. Taxes must stay the same for the middle class, lower for the poor, and raised slightly for the wealthy, while maintaining current tax rates on corporations. We also should be encouraging outsourcing to drastically lower the cost of common goods for our citizens, while encouraging and funding smart technology and service industry jobs with exportable products to other countries.

Education:

Let’s try to fix our schools before throwing even more money at them. Let’s look at the schools that are performing well, and try to copy them. No school vouchers, that is the way of the cowards. We need to clean out teachers unions, and actually hold our teachers to higher expectations while boosting incentives for the pathway to becoming a teacher. Need a standardized form of education for the entire nation that holds everyone accountable. No free college that is sponsored by the state. Education after high school is a privilege not a right. Anything high school and under is covered. But student friendly loans that are non-profit, and have flexible payments options and schedules.

Environment:

Climate change is real. We need to regulate our state to help stave off global warming. But at the same time, we have to be reasonable here, and in the process, not kill tons of jobs.

Technology:

No mandatory vaccinations, but make life impossible without them: ie. no access to schools, work, public, etc. as a result. Defund space travel. We have better things to do than fund giant soda bottles full of fuel launching into bleak nothingness. I am a big fan of nuclear power, it gets a bad rap, we need to be promoting it in every way we can.

Special items: Support increased fines for park violations, drug busts through these areas, and cut other wasteful spending in park departments, such as overadvertizment and useless permits (such as small scale fishing) and other red tape, as well as redirect proposed budget slashes to the construction of safety barriers and fences in dangerous zones, such as steep crags and geysers to name a couple. The death here must be reduced, if not stopped.

My position on LGBT issues has also changed quite a bit, I support our transgender troops, I support the right to marriage, I support bathroom choice, I support their right to adoption, I support their equal access to services, I oppose any involuntary conversion therapy, and ban all use under the age of 16 no exceptions, I affirm their ability for adoption, and so many other things that the LGBT community has been deprived of both defacto and dejure for too long in society. I hope everyone knows that people can actually be sorry, mature, and change.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, thank you! And I hope I have your vote this july!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 10:33:12 PM »

Endorsed. You have run a several active campaigns, and you deserve an opportunity in government.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 01:50:20 AM »

Endorsed. You have run a several active campaigns, and you deserve an opportunity in government.

Thank you, much appreciated!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 07:53:59 AM »

Given that it seems your positions on transgenderism and such have changed and because I think we need active voices in the chamber of delegates, endorsed.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 09:37:37 AM »

Endorsed!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 11:04:11 AM »

Thank you to all those giving this campaign a fair shake.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 11:56:36 AM »

Endorsed!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 03:04:23 PM »

Thank you!
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »

Guns:
While I would wish to make all private ownership of guns illegal, I won't push for it since it won't pass ever. Instead, I will fight for the most stringent regulations possible, and attempt to choke the industry with red tape.
Why?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 04:59:23 PM »

Guns:
Why?

I am a city kid, and have always viewed guns as having benefits, but overall more harm than good. I also do believe that gun control will make our schools safer, hence I am a strong supporter of March For Our Lives. I see our problems with guns as infinitely worse than nearly all other countries, and then I see our passion and embrace for guns at all ages and at higher rates than nearly all the rest of them, and I put two and two together. Yes, mental health is a problem, but I believe guns are the biggest issue, and I want to get rid of this gun culture and guns. I know it is not possible though, so I will just push for gun control instead.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 05:07:43 PM »

Guns:
Why?

I am a city kid, and have always viewed guns as having benefits, but overall more harm than good. I also do believe that gun control will make our schools safer, hence I am a strong supporter of March For Our Lives. I see our problems with guns as infinitely worse than nearly all other countries, and then I see our passion and embrace for guns at all ages and at higher rates than nearly all the rest of them, and I put two and two together. Yes, mental health is a problem, but I believe guns are the biggest issue, and I want to get rid of this gun culture and guns. I know it is not possible though, so I will just push for gun control instead.
But there are ways of regulating the gun problem without banning guns.

Thanks for your response anyway.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »

Guns:
Why?

This, among several other reasons (including feasibility) is why I would not push for it. I just wanted to disclose that to be more transparent. No problem, I appreciate involved citizens.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 05:50:11 PM »

Guns:
Why?

This, among several other reasons (including feasibility) is why I would not push for it. I just wanted to disclose that to be more transparent. No problem, I appreciate involved citizens.
I dont agree with this position, but it is great to see someone out and defending their position. You'll be a great Delegate!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 07:39:56 PM »

Guns:
Why?

I dont agree with this position, but it is great to see someone out and defending their position. You'll be a great Delegate!

Thank you! I want to be all about transparency and honesty.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 02:57:37 AM »
« Edited: July 06, 2018, 09:58:14 PM by Bagel23 »

"Make It Civil"

I'm Bagel23 and I approve this ad, because I will always defend Atlasia.

As your chamberman, I will fight hyper-partisanship. That's why I have endorsements from all sides of the aisle.

I'll continue to battle it, and those who spread it, to get it our of our chamber, and out of our government. I'll talk with other sides of the aisle, and help restore civility to the chamber. I fight this fight in the forums every day, and as your chamberman, I'll take dead aim at hyper-partisanship that has pervaded our bureaucracy.

Cause it's bad for Atlasia.

Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 12:51:53 AM »

Guns:
Why?

Couldn’t have said it better myself

"Make It Civil"

As your chamberman, I will fight hyper-partisanship. That's why I have endorsements from all sides of the aisle.

I'll continue to battle it, and those who spread it, to get it our of our chamber, and out of our government. I'll talk with other sides of the aisle, and help restore civility to the chamber. I fight this fight in the forums every day, and as your chamberman, I'll take dead aim at hyper-partisanship that has pervaded our bureaucracy.

Beautiful
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »

Guns:
Why?

Couldn’t have said it better myself

"Make It Civil"

Beautiful

Thank you!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 08:26:32 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2018, 12:29:22 AM by Bagel23 »

"Essential Boldness"

I'm Bagel23 and I approve this ad, because I'll always work to flush garbage out for Atlasia.

Toilet paper, used to clean human waste for countless years. Who knew that if you wiped the chamber's floors with it, you would end up with more garbage on it than once its intended use is complete.

Well I'm looking to change that because it's simply not right nor fit for Atlasia or Atlasians.

That's why I will work and be dedicated in the chamber, never taking a day for granted, and finally start to do the bidding of the Atlasian people. This must be done, as the blatant and conscience advantage taking is not even fit to enter a toilet without a subsequent sanitization.

And if it's not even fit for a toilet, it sure as heck isn't fit for this nation.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 08:56:15 PM »

Atlasia has officially turned into a sh**tshow!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 09:17:37 PM »

Everyone should vote him based on his ads lol
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 02:45:16 AM »

Bagel right before heading to the polls.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 11:56:04 PM »

I once again concede, thank you to my supporters, shame that moderates are dying out.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 11:59:55 PM »

I once again concede, thank you to my supporters, shame that moderates are dying out.
sad! run again and youll win, trust me Wink
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 12:00:49 AM »

sad! run again and youll win, trust me Wink

No I was right about yankee and I will be right again.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 12:01:35 AM »

Have you lost? Haven't been following the results much but I thought you won for some reason.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies