Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:10:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23
Author Topic: Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion  (Read 41379 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: July 25, 2018, 01:50:00 AM »

Wow, quite the update! The loss of so much in Italy, not to mention Avignon and Jerusalem is tragic.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #376 on: July 25, 2018, 02:10:08 AM »

Times like this make me glad I picked Quebec. Let Europe set itself on fire, I'll just chill here with my poutine and beavers.

You know, I have considered joining as an Indian tribal leader if I die Tongue

*x's character is dead*

O-oh...

Oh no...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #377 on: July 25, 2018, 02:20:32 AM »

To prove my good faith, here are part of my orders:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm sorry, I know you're doing all you can right but I'm going to face a ton of s*** internally for having "not defended" Avignon while I did. So I humbly request a modification of the results of this turn regarding Avignon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #378 on: July 25, 2018, 04:59:10 AM »

I'm sorry, I know you're doing all you can right but I'm going to face a ton of s*** internally for having "not defended" Avignon while I did. So I humbly request a modification of the results of this turn regarding Avignon.

I strongly object to any modification.  
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #379 on: July 25, 2018, 05:00:22 AM »

Why?
It is what I wrote in my direct orders.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #380 on: July 25, 2018, 05:06:48 AM »

Why?

I was pretty specific about where I landed my troops and did not come from any area your orders mentioned.  I essentially went around/between your army.  I don’t think your orders were specific enough in this case to stop my strategy here and I also think the sort of modification you are asking for is a pretty bad precedent to set.  I’m sorry, but I feel very strongly about this, especially since it’s not like we’re talking about some small change.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #381 on: July 25, 2018, 05:07:04 AM »

Spamage, I didn't think it was possible but you have outdone yourself.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #382 on: July 25, 2018, 05:12:45 AM »

Why?

I was pretty specific about where I landed my troops and did not come from any area your orders mentioned.  I essentially went around/between your army.  I don’t think your orders were specific enough in this case to stop my strategy here and I also think the sort of modification you are asking for is a pretty bad precedent to set.  I’m sorry, but I feel very strongly about this, especially since it’s not like we’re talking about some small change.
Oh you misunderstand my point,
If Grégory was going to be killed, fine.

What I want it to be changed is the fact I didn't let any troops protecting Gregory, which as specified is not true.

Because in what Spamage wrote it is written that I didn't protect him.

So I don't know, maybe my army was going to be overwhelmed, arrived too late, I did however protected Avignon like what my PM mentioned.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #383 on: July 25, 2018, 05:18:23 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2018, 05:37:51 AM by Pope Michael Bolton »

Why?

I was pretty specific about where I landed my troops and did not come from any area your orders mentioned.  I essentially went around/between your army.  I don’t think your orders were specific enough in this case to stop my strategy here and I also think the sort of modification you are asking for is a pretty bad precedent to set.  I’m sorry, but I feel very strongly about this, especially since it’s not like we’re talking about some small change.

What I want it to be changed is the fact I didn't let any troops protecting Gregory, which as specified is not true.

So I don't know, maybe my army was going to be overwhelmed, arrived too late, I did however protected Avignon like what my PM mentioned.

Oh, I thought Spamage said you just arrived too late.  As long as Avignon/Gregory and Marsailles had the same fate, that’s fine.  Come to think of it, I had my men withdraw from Venice after the looting/other stuff as per my promise to Kal, so that should also be mentioned if it’s not too much trouble.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2018, 05:24:14 AM »

Why?

Oh, I thought Spamage said you just arrived too late.  As long as Avignon/Gregory and Marsailles had the same fate, that’s fine.  Come to think of it, I had my men withdraw from Venice after the looting/other stuff as per my promise to Kal.

Yes that's a minor change I'm asking lol.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #385 on: July 25, 2018, 05:50:57 AM »

Anyway,
Now that this is over.
What are the countries available?
- Iran with the previous dynasty?
-Savoy under Benetto?
-Indian tribals leader?
-Portugal under Jose?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #386 on: July 25, 2018, 05:53:31 AM »

I think Naples is also available
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #387 on: July 25, 2018, 06:51:37 AM »

And the moral of the story is: don't be a Pope.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #388 on: July 25, 2018, 09:48:43 AM »

This is incorrect. I did not withdraw half my forces from the Durrani. That was in a previous set of orders that were withdrawn after peace with Russia was established.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #389 on: July 25, 2018, 12:14:23 PM »

This game certainly feels like when you play Crusader Kings, or Empire Total War too long, and you start getting very different outcomes (The idea of Austria and Prussia sparring over Karachi is good)

I do feel my glorious Britain is missing out; largely because a certain player pawned off the family jewels in a previous game Tongue

Glorious update as usual though spamage.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2018, 12:44:06 PM »

what happened to the UK last game?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2018, 12:47:01 PM »

They got almost all French colonies but they decided to sell Hannover and give up Benghal
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #392 on: July 25, 2018, 01:03:36 PM »

Wow... that's stupid
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2018, 01:10:45 PM »

Wow, quite the update! The loss of so much in Italy, not to mention Avignon and Jerusalem is tragic.

Jerusalem tragic? Not for me :>
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »

What just happened?!?! The Ottomans have violated a neutrality agreement, and I hope this has significant repercussions. Did Ismail III not publish this to the world before he was captured?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »

These are the communications I would have published, if we did in real time playing:
Sultan Abdul Hamid I:

We write to you to offer a pact of neutrality between our two nations. Should you be interested, we will of course offer to write up an official document between us. The only question we have is whether you would prefer it to be a secret or open pact.

- Shah Ismail III of the Ancient House of Safavid

We're more than interested in concluding such pact. Regarding our suspension of supplying grain for Austria, in the light of having to honor our alliance with Prussia, we can offer financing and expediting redirecting Persian grain elswhere. It's impossible for us to open border with Austria now, due to THEIR actions.
Your support is appreciated, as is the grain situation. Here is the neutrality pact:

The Treaty of Baghdad:
1. Whereas, Safavid Persia and the Ottoman Empire pledge not to attack one another;
2. And to clarify an exception in the case of war with the opposite party in making all alliances;
3. And to express mutual friendship between our nations;
4. And to establish a trade agreement whereby all trade between our two nations will have the tariff reduced by 50%, on the condition that it cannot be sold to another country afterwards. Should it be sold to another country, 80% of the profits shall go to the country of origin, if without said country’s consent. If it happened with said consent, then 55% of the profits shall go to the country of origin.
5. The time until it must be renewed is six years, upon which time either party may revoke their affirmation of the Treaty of Baghdad.

If you dislike Article Four, we could strike it easily.

- Shah Ismail III
As of article 4, I think we better do a separate trade ageement later. Aside of that, I'd gladly sign it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »

Kingpoleon,
It will have 0 repercussion.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »

Amazing update Spamage. 
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »

Kingpoleon,
So the many neutrality treaties we have seen signed are worth nothing??

That being said, it’s been fun playing. I don’t think I’ve ever lasted to round four of one of these games before, anyway, so I think I did better than usual. Good game, guys! Spamagae, it’s been fun playing with you. I don’t really feel like picking up another country, but I will watch this with interest.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #399 on: July 25, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »

Kingpoleon,
So the many neutrality treaties we have seen signed are worth nothing??

That being said, it’s been fun playing. I don’t think I’ve ever lasted to round four of one of these games before, anyway, so I think I did better than usual. Good game, guys! Spamagae, it’s been fun playing with you. I don’t really feel like picking up another country, but I will watch this with interest.

Exactly!

And you laster much longer as King of Denmark kingpoleon
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies