Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:18:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23
Author Topic: Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion  (Read 40883 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2018, 02:33:19 PM »

Kingpoleon,
It will have 0 repercussion.
So the many neutrality treaties we have seen signed are worth nothing??

That being said, it’s been fun playing. I don’t think I’ve ever lasted to round four of one of these games before, anyway, so I think I did better than usual. Good game, guys! Spamagae, it’s been fun playing with you. I don’t really feel like picking up another country, but I will watch this with interest.

Exactly!

And you laster much longer as King of Denmark kingpoleon

Did I? It didn’t feel like it. Or are you counting after I lost 75% of my kingdom to the Swedes?

Oh, that’s fun! The Swedish promised to join me in a war closer to Europe in exchange for the island of Hormuz. I think, without meaning to, I just set up the ability to wage a war throughout Europe. Let’s see - Russia, France, Scandinavia, and Austria were all supporting us in one way or another, and Prussia and the Ottomans attacked us. I’ll definitely watch this game with interest.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2018, 02:47:35 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2018, 03:12:59 PM by YPestis25 »

Kingpoleon,

That being said, it’s been fun playing. I don’t think I’ve ever lasted to round four of one of these games before, anyway, so I think I did better than usual. Good game, guys! Spamagae, it’s been fun playing with you. I don’t really feel like picking up another country, but I will watch this with interest.

Exactly!

And you laster much longer as King of Denmark kingpoleon

Did I? It didn’t feel like it. Or are you counting after I lost 75% of my kingdom to the Swedes?

Oh, that’s fun! The Swedish promised to join me in a war closer to Europe in exchange for the island of Hormuz. I think, without meaning to, I just set up the ability to wage a war throughout Europe. Let’s see - Russia, France, Scandinavia, and Austria were all supporting us in one way or another, and Prussia and the Ottomans attacked us. I’ll definitely watch this game with interest.

Eh not quite. I said I'd give military or diplomatic support in exchange for the island, while making it clear that I couldn't really promise to deploy men on the ground. I read it as an offer for supplies/advisors plus diplomatic condemnations against those who attacked you in the future, not as a promise for a general European war in your defense.

Still hate to see you and X go, and hope you'll be back in some capacity later in the game!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #402 on: July 25, 2018, 06:39:30 PM »

Maybe I will. It doesn’t matter anyway - realpolitik has for centuries been in place that treaties signed with a successfully deposed leader are no longer valid.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #403 on: July 25, 2018, 07:10:22 PM »

This game certainly feels like when you play Crusader Kings, or Empire Total War too long, and you start getting very different outcomes (The idea of Austria and Prussia sparring over Karachi is good)

I do feel my glorious Britain is missing out; largely because a certain player pawned off the family jewels in a previous game Tongue

Glorious update as usual though spamage.

I stand by actions as Britain.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #404 on: July 26, 2018, 08:50:44 AM »

I'm announcing right now. I will not be particularly active during the beginning of the next turn as I'm preparing fully for a job opportunity.

So if I don't answer you as I do usually, no, I'm not angry against you or anything Tongue.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #405 on: July 26, 2018, 09:40:10 PM »

I should say that I'll be on vacation until the night of July 31st, so I'll be a bit inactive and probably unable to respond to PMs on time, so please don't think I'm mad at you.  (Unless you're Dutch then I'm actually mad)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #406 on: July 26, 2018, 09:49:33 PM »

I'll be on vacation from August 1 to August 5. Don't expect any level of activity from me.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #407 on: July 27, 2018, 12:04:47 AM »

Unfortunately I have to delay the start of the next turn an additional 24 hours. I was elected to a minor position is my county party yesterday (yay!) and this has taken my time for a while last evening and again this today, though it will only be a monthly thing here on out. I have roughly 3/4ths of the prompts for turn six written (wow, how are we this far already?), so it shouldn't take too much tomorrow.

I've noted everyone's vacations and I hope you all have a good time. Best of luck of Windjammer on his job opportunity. Smiley
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #408 on: July 27, 2018, 12:24:13 AM »

Congrats Spamage!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2018, 03:04:37 AM »

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #410 on: July 27, 2018, 10:26:24 AM »

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #411 on: July 27, 2018, 10:43:17 AM »

Spamage 4 DNC Chair #PunchoutPanzeyPerez
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2018, 11:59:10 AM »

I am truly wondering what the new map will look like lol.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2018, 01:33:37 PM »

Kingpoleon,

You guys are taking it the wrong way. As a concerned neighbour I've set up a medical intervention to prevent the Shah, who's clearly gotten insane, from hurting himself or others. And since some misguided people attempted to stop me, I had to brush them aside.

Applaud my humanitarianism, people!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #414 on: July 27, 2018, 11:25:24 PM »

Turn 6 is up, you all have until next Friday evening at 9 pm PST.

Midturn should come either Monday or Tuesday. Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #415 on: July 27, 2018, 11:28:44 PM »

Err...I joined as Naples Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2018, 11:56:52 PM »

Kingpoleon,

You guys are taking it the wrong way. As a concerned neighbour I've set up a medical intervention to prevent the Shah, who's clearly gotten insane, from hurting himself or others. And since some misguided people attempted to stop me, I had to brush them aside.

Applaud my humanitarianism, people!
That moment when you offer to recognize all of Arabia as rightful Ottoman territory, including hinting at a joint protectorate of Oman, and are declared medically insane.

That being said, it’s a ballsy move considering there’s an army 120,000 strong that the Austrians now essentially control on your eastern side, if they offered to restore the Safavids, the Russo-Georgian forces on your northern front, and the rest of the Austrian Forces on your west. Very impressive if you succeed, and I certainly have my hat off to you. Let me know if you want me to come back as a puppet Ismail III, considering that IOTL he was just a puppet. I’m certainly not ashamed of losing to such a skilled player, and it has been an honor to play with such a group. I probably would have started dropping in activitiy in the middle of August, anyway.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2018, 02:34:01 AM »

Err...I joined as Naples Tongue

Welcome back!

--------
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2018, 05:54:17 AM »

To those who privately told Spamage they didn’t want me to be allowed to join as Naples and then put him in the position of having to PM me about it, at least have the decency to put your cards on the table in public instead of trying to lobby the GM to do your dirty work for you.  You know who you are Angry
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2018, 06:02:01 AM »

I sent no messages to spamage opposing your candidacy for the Kingdom of Naples for the record.

If he's fine with it, I will not oppose it, it's his game after all.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #420 on: July 28, 2018, 08:18:16 AM »

To those who privately told Spamage they didn’t want me to be allowed to join as Naples and then put him in the position of having to PM me about it, at least have the decency to put your cards on the table in public instead of trying to lobby the GM to do your dirty work for you.  You know who you are Angry

For the record I want you in Naples to keep you away from any sort of Tribal Action in America
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #421 on: July 28, 2018, 08:34:53 AM »

Let X in as Naples kek
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #422 on: July 28, 2018, 12:21:39 PM »

X has every right to continue playing the game, so I would hope those who have concerns would be open about it.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #423 on: July 28, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »

Who is X? Is there Fourm lore I do not know?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #424 on: July 28, 2018, 12:31:26 PM »

Who is X? Is there Fourm lore I do not know?

Have you not heard of the legend of the player who once burnt down King's Landing along with most of Houses Tyrell and Lannister? Have you not heard of the menace who led the White Walkers into invading the North and committing genocide in Westeros? Or the man whose actions planted the seeds for the Revolution in Poland-Lithuania? And the man who dared to burn Rome, Avignon and Jerusalem?

It's "Pope Michael Bolton", or jdb (the Sardinian player) who went by Mr. X for a while to the point in which several of us refer to him by that.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies