Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:31:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion  (Read 40981 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: June 15, 2018, 09:43:11 PM »

Is there, perhaps, a place for me in this great looking game?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 06:18:04 PM »

It will be posted tonight. Expect two major developments. Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:13:46 PM »

When does this turn end?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 03:00:12 PM »

Next turn is open. Will close Monday July 2nd @ 7 pm.

I'm debating a new rule where anyone submitting military order should have them in 24 hours early, as I'm going to have to start doing a military update with each turn. This would prevent last minute changes like we've been having and allow for me to prepare one of what will be three parts between posts, but I'm not sure. We'll see how this turn goes first..

Let me know if you have any concerns. There are 16 of you after all, something may have been missed Wink

Let the killing resume Smiley

Sounds like a fine rule to me!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 10:09:16 AM »

I just want to give props to Lumine for the most realistic RP-ing in our PMs. Everytime I open them I'm just like, dang. This guy gets it.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 11:06:08 PM »

It's all quiet down in election and history games. Waiting for the glorious update.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »

End of this turn tonight and the start of the next turn Wednesday or Thursday sounds more than reasonable to me, Spamage.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 06:03:44 AM »

Hate to make excuses, but my internet has been meh today. There's a lot of PM requests from today and yesterday I intend to respond to, but not until after the next turn has been opened. I have most of the prompts written, just some last minute research that needs to be done.

Unfortunately it will have to be delayed an additional 24 hours, due to RL stuff. This is actually a good thing because that ensures the next one will end on Friday night and will give us several quick turnovers again (as when they end on weekends I have more time available to write events, prompts, etc. ). I know you all are eager to get back at backstabbing eachother, it will just be a little while more Wink

Certainly, though as someone noted, the available ones are not without a challenge.

Naples, Brazil or Louisiana are probably the main options. All are technically at war, all have different levels of foreign ties. Let me know and I'll be able to edit you into the update.

As someone who tried (and failed) to run one of these-style games, this is more than reasonable.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 08:31:31 PM »

Why is no one waiting for Spamage to post the turn to comment? I know we don’t have to, and a few people always launch early, but this seems like a bit more than usual.

I think the length of time between the end of the turn and the launch of the new turn has inspired a lot of it.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 10:41:28 AM »

Turn open for one week, closes next Friday evening.

Please contact me with any questions, concerns, etc.
Spamage,
What happened to Nepal exactly?

I don't see any changes on the map, and no move either in the war updates.

Hmmm...I wonder why the French are interested in Nepal?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 03:02:15 PM »

Is there a midturn update this week?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 09:37:17 PM »

Friday evening.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 10:29:08 PM »

Is there a midturn update this week?

Yes, it will be posted later tonight. Smiley

Cheesy
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 10:56:15 AM »

I think I have a good shot of being murdered in the coming years.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 05:35:25 PM »

On an another note, with the hypothesis that the players are rationale, here is my prediction for the next 30 years:
-There will be a diplomatic revolution: in Central Europe: right now there are 2 big feuds in Central Europe: Prussia vs Austria, and Russia vs the Ottomans and Sweden. With Poland being out of it for now. 2 main things will change the current alliances:
     x Prussia will naturally become the natural ally of Russia as Sweden will be even more powerful with the annexation of Denmark with this personal union stuff.
     x Austria will become more and more wary of Russian  expansion because any revolt in the Balkans would obviously threaten the stability of Austria with all the minorities in Austria that could inspire themselves from the slaves. So the Ottomans would become progressively the natural ally of Austria.

So that means that for the next season of this game in 20-30 years, if the players are rationale, it should be in Central Europe these following coalitions: Austria-Ottomans-Sweden vs Prussia-Russia

If this plays out, it will make for an interesting third stage of the Concert of Europe series that I'm planning.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 08:48:55 PM »

Isn't the rule that players can continue playing as their country if their monarch died? I could be wrong, but I certainly don't recall old players having to immediately switch.

This is the way it always has worked. Old players had to switch if their monarch was deposed by a new dynasty or overthrown to a state where a return is impossible.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »

Does the turn end this evening?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 07:32:32 PM »

Would love to see one about the portuguese wars.

Now that one I can probably do tonight!

Also sorry Dkrol, I somehow left the Qing Empire off the wikibox.

The Qing will remember this disrespect.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 09:25:43 PM »

Thanks! If anyone is interested, here is the site that let's you throw the box together pretty easily:
http://n.bellok.de/wikibox/

The Qing will remember this disrespect.

Surprise

Tremble as the mighty Qing ride across Russia and conquer those rude Scandanavians!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »

Reading the update on the four different wars I'm currently fighting

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2018, 07:54:47 PM »

Everyone with a clear motive and ability to conduct this has publicly or privately denied it. Either someone unexpected is playing a long game or someone is lying.

This feels like a closed-circle murder mystery! Tell me Sardinia, what were you doing on the night before the murders?

Persia was playing war with Chinese tin soldiers.

I must admit, I love negotiating with like six countries at a time, but I think I might have not included Spamage in some of my PMs. Would those I’ve negotiated with please forward all my PMs without CC’ing Spamage? I’m also waiting for a response from... Dereich, DKrol, Kalwejt, Not Madigan, and Lumine, I think.

I don't believe you're waiting on me. I've responded to everything I intend to respond to.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 11:55:41 AM »

Turn should end this evening, no?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »

My revised orders have been sent.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 09:48:43 AM »

This is incorrect. I did not withdraw half my forces from the Durrani. That was in a previous set of orders that were withdrawn after peace with Russia was established.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies