Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:44:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion  (Read 41412 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 07, 2018, 11:34:01 AM »

I would like to play as Persia, please.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 10:50:36 PM »

Could I see the list of my royal family? And aren’t we still waiting on turn events for each country?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 02:04:09 AM »

And I wasn't even part of this plot. I'm becoming soft!
I would echo the sentiments, but it would hardly be realistic for Persia to plot the overthrow of the Poles. Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 07:05:59 PM »

I’m waiting on a response to several PMs - I’ve been waiting the longest on a response from NPCs(Spamage) and Russia, so if you two could get me answers pretty soon I would appreciate it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 09:11:15 PM »

I'm sad there is no info on the german NPC Tongue.

Iran is hilariously comical

Yes, well... One day soon we shall see who laughs at whom. “He who laughs last is he who laughs best.”
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 07:02:44 PM »

I’ve been involved in several rounds of negotiations that has seen the other side blacked out. If we could have like a 12 or 24 hour extension so these talks can be finished, it would be appreciated.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 12:56:58 AM »

Hmm... A slight setback, though I await a few more PMs before I begin movement. I’m very much looking forwards to this turn, Spamage!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 03:45:23 AM »

Japan, Brazil, the Marathas, Louisana, and Denmark would all be interesting.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »

Why is no one waiting for Spamage to post the turn to comment? I know we don’t have to, and a few people always launch early, but this seems like a bit more than usual.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 11:55:45 PM »

Someone really needs to contact HBO to make a series out both this game and the previous one.
I feel like I could make a really good character on our HBO series. “Kingpoleon, the veteran loser and plotter” has a nice ring to it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 08:44:36 AM »

And Madigan, I suppose Brazil should be playable. Or maybe Japan or the Durannis?
Japan could be interesting. I wouldn’t mind Durrani opposition, but you might not last long.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »

Will send orders tonight, as well as wait on some outstanding PM's.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 10:45:17 PM »

Have sent parts of my orders (just so I had something done) but there's still more I want to post both orders wise, and publicly.

I feel guilty for asking, but I would appreciate an extension until Tomorrow so I can finish it all.

Severe device availability difficulties and resulting feuds with siblings.
I ask for a delay till midday tomorrow, please.

Considering there is a general concensus for the turn to be delayed (X has requested until tomorrow too), I will consent to extend the turn an additional 24 hours. Generally I'm hesitant to do so, but I'll make an exception in this circumstance.

Could I get a response to my NPC PMs?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 05:09:51 PM »

Spamage, I need a reply to my NPC PMs ASAP.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 09:01:18 PM »

Spamage, I need a reply to my NPC PMs ASAP.
One day I will host a game.just to see what you might send to these NPCs
I am a diplomat first and foremost in these games - and a gambler second.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 09:48:08 PM »

Would love to see one about the portuguese wars.

Now that one I can probably do tonight!

Also sorry Dkrol, I somehow left the Qing Empire off the wikibox.

The Qing will remember this disrespect.

The Persians will remember the Qing remembrance.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 01:31:43 PM »

I’m very, very, very happy right now. Just received two pieces of good news and waiting on a couple more things.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »

Everyone with a clear motive and ability to conduct this has publicly or privately denied it. Either someone unexpected is playing a long game or someone is lying.

This feels like a closed-circle murder mystery! Tell me Sardinia, what were you doing on the night before the murders?

Persia was playing war with Chinese tin soldiers.

I must admit, I love negotiating with like six countries at a time, but I think I might have not included Spamage in some of my PMs. Would those I’ve negotiated with please forward all my PMs without CC’ing Spamage? I’m also waiting for a response from... Dereich, DKrol, Kalwejt, Not Madigan, and Lumine, I think.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2018, 10:34:11 PM »

Everyone with a clear motive and ability to conduct this has publicly or privately denied it. Either someone unexpected is playing a long game or someone is lying.

This feels like a closed-circle murder mystery! Tell me Sardinia, what were you doing on the night before the murders?

Persia was playing war with Chinese tin soldiers.

I must admit, I love negotiating with like six countries at a time, but I think I might have not included Spamage in some of my PMs. Would those I’ve negotiated with please forward all my PMs without CC’ing Spamage? I’m also waiting for a response from... Dereich, DKrol, Kalwejt, Not Madigan, and Lumine, I think.

I don't believe you're waiting on me. I've responded to everything I intend to respond to.

Okay! You’re a pretty good player, DKrol. I’m sure our constant back-and-forth is annoying, but I really like the diplomacy side of this game.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »

What just happened?!?! The Ottomans have violated a neutrality agreement, and I hope this has significant repercussions. Did Ismail III not publish this to the world before he was captured?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »

These are the communications I would have published, if we did in real time playing:
Sultan Abdul Hamid I:

We write to you to offer a pact of neutrality between our two nations. Should you be interested, we will of course offer to write up an official document between us. The only question we have is whether you would prefer it to be a secret or open pact.

- Shah Ismail III of the Ancient House of Safavid

We're more than interested in concluding such pact. Regarding our suspension of supplying grain for Austria, in the light of having to honor our alliance with Prussia, we can offer financing and expediting redirecting Persian grain elswhere. It's impossible for us to open border with Austria now, due to THEIR actions.
Your support is appreciated, as is the grain situation. Here is the neutrality pact:

The Treaty of Baghdad:
1. Whereas, Safavid Persia and the Ottoman Empire pledge not to attack one another;
2. And to clarify an exception in the case of war with the opposite party in making all alliances;
3. And to express mutual friendship between our nations;
4. And to establish a trade agreement whereby all trade between our two nations will have the tariff reduced by 50%, on the condition that it cannot be sold to another country afterwards. Should it be sold to another country, 80% of the profits shall go to the country of origin, if without said country’s consent. If it happened with said consent, then 55% of the profits shall go to the country of origin.
5. The time until it must be renewed is six years, upon which time either party may revoke their affirmation of the Treaty of Baghdad.

If you dislike Article Four, we could strike it easily.

- Shah Ismail III
As of article 4, I think we better do a separate trade ageement later. Aside of that, I'd gladly sign it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »

Kingpoleon,
It will have 0 repercussion.
So the many neutrality treaties we have seen signed are worth nothing??

That being said, it’s been fun playing. I don’t think I’ve ever lasted to round four of one of these games before, anyway, so I think I did better than usual. Good game, guys! Spamagae, it’s been fun playing with you. I don’t really feel like picking up another country, but I will watch this with interest.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 02:33:19 PM »

Kingpoleon,

That being said, it’s been fun playing. I don’t think I’ve ever lasted to round four of one of these games before, anyway, so I think I did better than usual. Good game, guys! Spamagae, it’s been fun playing with you. I don’t really feel like picking up another country, but I will watch this with interest.

Exactly!

And you laster much longer as King of Denmark kingpoleon

Did I? It didn’t feel like it. Or are you counting after I lost 75% of my kingdom to the Swedes?

Oh, that’s fun! The Swedish promised to join me in a war closer to Europe in exchange for the island of Hormuz. I think, without meaning to, I just set up the ability to wage a war throughout Europe. Let’s see - Russia, France, Scandinavia, and Austria were all supporting us in one way or another, and Prussia and the Ottomans attacked us. I’ll definitely watch this game with interest.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 06:39:30 PM »

Maybe I will. It doesn’t matter anyway - realpolitik has for centuries been in place that treaties signed with a successfully deposed leader are no longer valid.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2018, 11:56:52 PM »

Kingpoleon,

You guys are taking it the wrong way. As a concerned neighbour I've set up a medical intervention to prevent the Shah, who's clearly gotten insane, from hurting himself or others. And since some misguided people attempted to stop me, I had to brush them aside.

Applaud my humanitarianism, people!
That moment when you offer to recognize all of Arabia as rightful Ottoman territory, including hinting at a joint protectorate of Oman, and are declared medically insane.

That being said, it’s a ballsy move considering there’s an army 120,000 strong that the Austrians now essentially control on your eastern side, if they offered to restore the Safavids, the Russo-Georgian forces on your northern front, and the rest of the Austrian Forces on your west. Very impressive if you succeed, and I certainly have my hat off to you. Let me know if you want me to come back as a puppet Ismail III, considering that IOTL he was just a puppet. I’m certainly not ashamed of losing to such a skilled player, and it has been an honor to play with such a group. I probably would have started dropping in activitiy in the middle of August, anyway.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies