SEA Polling and Strategic Design, FL-GOV (D): Levine +16 over nearest rival
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:15:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  SEA Polling and Strategic Design, FL-GOV (D): Levine +16 over nearest rival
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SEA Polling and Strategic Design, FL-GOV (D): Levine +16 over nearest rival  (Read 956 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2018, 01:30:13 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article212814544.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Predictor
TWRAddict
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.96

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »

Easy Levine primary victory. Overall, race is a tossup.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 02:02:00 PM »

Ugh. A guy that helped Marco Rubio get elected winning this primary would be awful.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 03:30:02 PM »

If she loses, Graham will have really got screwed over when the Florida Supreme court gerrymandered the map for democrats.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 01:45:50 PM »

Great poll, Levine is certainly ahead in this race. I think he should pick either Graham or Gillum as his running mate.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 01:56:49 PM »

If she loses, Graham will have really got screwed over when the Florida Supreme court un-gerrymandered the map for democrats.

C+
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »

If she loses, Graham will have really got screwed over when the Florida Supreme court gerrymandered the map for democrats.

Only 12/27 of FL's districts voted for Hillary despite Trump only winning by 1%. How is this gerrymandered? You'd expect it to be 13/27 if it was perfectly proportional.

Like seriously... how much of your brain do you use when you post? 2% of it?
UncleSam

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 02:26:32 PM »

Only 12/27 of FL's districts voted for Hillary despite Trump only winning by 1%. How is this gerrymandered? You'd expect it to be 13/27 if it was perfectly proportional.

Lol one does not expect the districts to be remotely proportional in a state with all of the Democratic voters in basically five counties - the three southeastern ones, orange (Orlando), and pinellas (Tampa). When your voters are so condensed it requires a gerrymander to even approach proportional representation.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »

Lol one does not expect the districts to be remotely proportional in a state with all of the Democratic voters in basically five counties - the three southeastern ones, orange (Orlando), and pinellas (Tampa). When your voters are so condensed it requires a gerrymander to even approach proportional representation.

But it's not a gerrymander. Dems are represented just as well as the votes they get in statewide elections. How the hell is that a gerrymander?

Cows & Cattle don't vote - people do. There's no point in diluting the vote of people just because they live next to each other in cities. Rural America gets represented very well in the Senate - I am not sure why I don't matter when I live in my city home, but I do matter when I live in my rural home.

Do asians, educated whites, and latinos not matter because they mostly live in cities? Only uneducated whites & black people matter?

Please tell me how this map is a gerrymander. Only a couple of districts look weird in a state that has 27 congressional districts.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 02:46:40 PM »

LMAO.

Clinton won 9 counties, not 5. Not only that, how can one of those counties be Pinellas when Clinton LOST that county?

I also did the math, and 45.4% of Clinton's votes in Florida came from counties she lost. How can "all the Democratic voters" be in 5 counties when nearly half are in counties she lost?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 01:36:09 AM »

Great poll, Levine is certainly ahead in this race. I think he should pick either Graham or Gillum as his running mate.

Graham would be a good choice...but I'll be creative and suggest either Patrick Murphy, Val Demings, or Darren Soto.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 09:38:45 AM »

This analysis sucks. Democrats are clustered in urban areas. It’s not the GOP’s fault.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 09:43:04 AM »

This analysis sucks. Democrats are clustered in urban areas. It’s not the GOP’s fault.
No, Democrats are packed into districts by Repubs in states such as North Carolina and Ohio. 12/27 is fair.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 09:52:29 AM »

Do you ever post without being a partisan hack? Like I said earlier, 45% of Clinton's votes in FL came from counties she lost.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies