Poll: Do you agree with Sen Corker saying the GOP is in a "cult-like situation?" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:36:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll: Do you agree with Sen Corker saying the GOP is in a "cult-like situation?" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with Sen Corker (R-TN) saying the GOP is in a "cult-like situation" as it relates to Pres Trump?
Yes, absolutely
Yes, somewhat
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poll: Do you agree with Sen Corker saying the GOP is in a "cult-like situation?"  (Read 4940 times)
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« on: June 13, 2018, 07:25:10 PM »

Yes, as I have felt for close to two years at this point.
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:55:17 PM »

He is just the figurehead of his party at the time. The same as was with Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush.

One thing I notice about liberals is that they constantly want change, to the point of sometimes pushing too hard too fast. Donald Trump is not that politically different from Reagan or Clinton. Bill Clinton stood infront of African American prisoners for a photo opportunity. Bill Clinton said we needed to end illegal immigration. As Tom Brokaw once said, "On race, he (Reagan) was stuck in the late 1930s/early 1940s." Trump really isn't even as "radical" according to what the left believes is radical. But Obama was. That's the key.

Liberals, especially the youngest among us, have no memory of the post Reagan/Bush America of the 1990s, or the gung-ho wartime attitude that permeated following September 11, 2001. They might not realize what an aberration Barack Obama was for the United States. I'm not speaking about the color of his skin, I'm speaking about his relatively negative view of the United States in the grand scheme of things. From his "cling to guns and religion" comments to saying "police acted stupidly" to saying "I don't want to get into a notion of America winning" to telling Christians to "get off your high horse". No American President would have EVER said that stuff, regardless of being a Democrat or Republican. Ever.

He said and did things that, in the context of the 43 other men who occupied the office, was disgraceful and came across "un-American". All Donald Trump did, was steer the wheel back to the middle ground. To young idealistic liberals, that's "extreme". But to millions of other Americans, Trump is more normal than Barack Obama.

Obama said things that, quite frankly, needed to be said. For all this crap I hear about Trump being a "tell-it-like-it-is" guy, Obama was far more honest about the flaws in American society that we need to address.
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 10:52:06 AM »

He is just the figurehead of his party at the time. The same as was with Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush.

One thing I notice about liberals is that they constantly want change, to the point of sometimes pushing too hard too fast. Donald Trump is not that politically different from Reagan or Clinton. Bill Clinton stood infront of African American prisoners for a photo opportunity. Bill Clinton said we needed to end illegal immigration. As Tom Brokaw once said, "On race, he (Reagan) was stuck in the late 1930s/early 1940s." Trump really isn't even as "radical" according to what the left believes is radical. But Obama was. That's the key.

Liberals, especially the youngest among us, have no memory of the post Reagan/Bush America of the 1990s, or the gung-ho wartime attitude that permeated following September 11, 2001. They might not realize what an aberration Barack Obama was for the United States. I'm not speaking about the color of his skin, I'm speaking about his relatively negative view of the United States in the grand scheme of things. From his "cling to guns and religion" comments to saying "police acted stupidly" to saying "I don't want to get into a notion of America winning" to telling Christians to "get off your high horse". No American President would have EVER said that stuff, regardless of being a Democrat or Republican. Ever.

He said and did things that, in the context of the 43 other men who occupied the office, was disgraceful and came across "un-American". All Donald Trump did, was steer the wheel back to the middle ground. To young idealistic liberals, that's "extreme". But to millions of other Americans, Trump is more normal than Barack Obama.

Obama said things that, quite frankly, needed to be said. For all this crap I hear about Trump being a "tell-it-like-it-is" guy, Obama was far more honest about the flaws in American society that we need to address.

It's not proper political etiquette. I remember six years ago when Mitt Romney went on a foreign trip to some country and made an insult, I told a buddy of mine, "That's like being invited to someone's house and criticizing their furniture."

I believe Obama was the aberration. Why do you think the conspiracy nuts always think he was some sort of a Manchurian candidate? He was so foreign from the other 43 men who occupied the office. I mean, for example, Presidential administrations never sent White House officials to the funerals of police killed in the line of duty. True. But they NEVER NEVER NEVER would even slightly possibly give ANY consideration to sending White House officials to the funerals of felons justifiably killed by law enforcement. Shootings cleared by grand jury. Think about that statement. How foreign to all previous precedents set by White House officials in the past was that?

I believe TRUMP is more normal than Obama. Sincerely, I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm being honest. I used to see posts on his forum two years ago estimating that Trump would receive like, 39 million voters or something like that. I remember saying, "You realize even if he loses, he's likely getting 59-62 million?" and I would get mocked. Basically, in a nutshell, the American public by and large, alot of it, normalized Donald Trump. Then when he was "bad", they had an EXTREMELY HIGH tolerance for him.

This is a very enlightening response, and please do not take that as a compliment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies