Was Clinton unbeatable in 1996? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:27:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Was Clinton unbeatable in 1996? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Was Clinton unbeatable in 1996?  (Read 3379 times)
Lennis
Rookie

« on: June 14, 2018, 10:10:41 PM »

Eh, I'd say it depends, based on two different paths.

One: let's say you're forced to create a situation where you're stuck with Bob Dole and Jack Kemp. Here is a path to victory.

1). The South is the motherlode. If Dole/Kemp win here, then it's going to be a lot tighter for Clinton. To do this, he needs to make the message there based on morals. Dig up the past scandals, try to utilize the ugliness the GOP uses, by uprooting embarrassing personal Clinton secrets and unleashing them. Obviously, ad-blitzing the South doesn't hurt. I'd think this helps with Kentucky.

2.) Utilize the Clinton failures from 1993-1995. These would be great for obvious reasons.

3.) Take out the Gov't Shutdown of '95. This hurt the GOP in General.

4.) Find out Monica Lewinsky. ASAP. If there's even a shred of evidence, the lead is destroyed if used correctly.

Now this probably gets Dole to at least 240-265. To get to 270, I'd say he needs to ace the debates.

Now the second path is switching the ticket. I'd say the GOP hit's the lottery if they nominate Colin Powell for President, and either John Engler, Connie Mack III, or Carroll Campbell for Vice President. And they need to take all 4 steps from path one.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies