Politico: ‘Who is Bill Nelson?’
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:12:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Politico: ‘Who is Bill Nelson?’
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Politico: ‘Who is Bill Nelson?’  (Read 5262 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »

Nelson’s photo with this Politico article is horrid.  He looks like an old 75.  This may be hurting in a swing state where there is not an continuing advantage for his party.
everyone here looks like that
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2018, 08:30:50 AM »

Nelson’s photo with this Politico article is horrid.  He looks like an old 75.  This may be hurting in a swing state where there is not an continuing advantage for his party.
😀
Sadader
Botswana

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2018, 11:06:52 AM »

just playing the old people identity politics card
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2018, 12:40:36 PM »

Arkansas Yankee is an obvious child player so he does not have much room to be talking.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2018, 12:43:25 PM »

Arkansas Yankee is an obvious child player so he does not have much room to be talking.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2018, 04:05:47 PM »

What a weak response.  You must be sweating this race.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2018, 04:18:08 PM »

What a weak response.  You must be sweating this race.
Get a sense of humor, already.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »

It's a former astronaut vs Voldemort. Seriously, I think there are a bunch of other races that will be more competitive in the end.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2018, 05:49:23 PM »

What a weak response.  You must be sweating this race.

Of course we are. It's a tossup with Rick Scott and tons of GOP money, we could very well lose the seat. That's kind of besides the point though. I was just informing everybody of some of your hobbies and whatnot.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2018, 05:54:46 PM »

Imagine if Democrats pick up NV and AZ, hold all the Romney state seats, but fail to take back the Senate because Bill Nelson loses. It's a very real possibility.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2018, 05:57:34 PM »

Imagine if Democrats pick up NV and AZ, hold all the Romney state seats, but fail to take back the Senate because Bill Nelson loses. It's a very real possibility.
Actually that has been my prediction for the senate for a couple weeks now 
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2018, 06:01:36 PM »

The only way that would happen is if Putin managed to hack into the results in Florida but failed to do so anywhere else.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2018, 06:06:10 PM »

The only way that would happen is if Putin managed to hack into the results in Florida but failed to do so anywhere else.
Don't be overconfident.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2018, 06:24:30 PM »

I’m not an arkansas Yankee fan (I think he’s a hack) but dude you gotta stop intimating he’s a pedo that’s totally out of line
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »

No one wants to hear about your fantasies
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2018, 07:38:26 PM »

I'm just disappointed at how short voters' memories are, to be honest. 8 years of insanity and destruction from Big Industry puppet and fraudster Rick Scott, and he's somehow now above-water in approval and has a serious chance of being elected to another position that has an even greater impact on ALL Americans. Get your sh*t together, Bill, and Expelliarmus this guy once and for all!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2018, 02:24:35 AM »

I tend to be a "trust the polls" type of guy, but it just makes no sense for Nelson to lose if the national environment is Democratic enough that Heitkamp, McCaskill and Donnelly all hang on. The idea that Scott is just a political juggernaut where he barely scraped by both of his elections in the context of massive GOP waves is... strange, to say the least. And the idea Nelson is so out of touch when he defeated a credible challenger by double digits in an only mildly Dem-leaning year is also counterintuitive (though I guess he could have lost touch in 6 years).

My guess is that Scott pulled a lead because he's been saturating the airwaves for the past few months, but this should change as the election draws near.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2018, 08:20:52 AM »

I tend to be a "trust the polls" type of guy, but it just makes no sense for Nelson to lose if the national environment is Democratic enough that Heitkamp, McCaskill and Donnelly all hang on. The idea that Scott is just a political juggernaut where he barely scraped by both of his elections in the context of massive GOP waves is... strange, to say the least. And the idea Nelson is so out of touch when he defeated a credible challenger by double digits in an only mildly Dem-leaning year is also counterintuitive (though I guess he could have lost touch in 6 years).

My guess is that Scott pulled a lead because he's been saturating the airwaves for the past few months, but this should change as the election draws near.
Scott's popularity has dramatically improved since 2010 and 2014.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2018, 10:52:05 AM »

Scott's popularity has dramatically improved since 2010 and 2014.

Both of these comments are spot-on.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2018, 01:31:10 PM »

I think Nelson is in serious danger if he doesn't get on the airwaves soon. While the national environment helps him, if Scott makes major inroads with Latino voters, Nelson will likely lose. Scott is A LOT more popular than he was in 2010 and 2014 and Nelson's campaign has seemed a little all over the place, with only one digital ad so far and very little campaign events. If Scott keeps his spending up and can just keep barnstorming the state until election day, Democrats will lose Florida. I think you could have a Democrat win the Governor's Mansion, with Gwen Graham, and lose a Senate seat in the same state if Scott keeps painting Nelson as a political hack.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2018, 01:32:20 PM »

Why is Scott so much more popular than he was in 2014 (when his approval was -20)? Is it because of the hurricanes? The Parkland shooting? What?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »

Why is Scott so much more popular than he was in 2014 (when his approval was -20)? Is it because of the hurricanes? The Parkland shooting? What?

Both of those are big parts. There has been widespread approval of his handling of the hurricanes, and he signed in a gun reform bill banning bump stocks and raising the age to own a gun to 21 (among other conditions).
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »

I'm just going to post this here, not sure if there's a FL mega thread

Scott Gave Tax Deal to Company Running Miami's Child-Migrant Center After Fraud Settlement

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/rick-scott-gave-tax-deal-to-miami-child-migrant-contractor-after-it-paid-fraud-settlement-10454179
AtorBoltox

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2018, 06:33:10 PM »

After the poll showing Scott down by 10( which was junk of course) I expect to soon be reading a Politico article about how his campaign is in disarray. We all know it will never happen though
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2018, 07:01:52 PM »

I'm just going to post this here, not sure if there's a FL mega thread

Scott Gave Tax Deal to Company Running Miami's Child-Migrant Center After Fraud Settlement

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/rick-scott-gave-tax-deal-to-miami-child-migrant-contractor-after-it-paid-fraud-settlement-10454179

It doesn’t look like this will be a massive scandal since this happened before the whole crisis (unless I’m misunderstanding something and if I am please tell me). Depends on how Scott handles this, though. If he doesn’t address it, it probably won’t get much attention. Regretting the decision could benefit him, but supporting it could hurt him.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies