Is Andrew Cuomo the least popular politician on Atlas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:53:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Andrew Cuomo the least popular politician on Atlas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Is Andrew Cuomo the least popular politician on Atlas?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Is Andrew Cuomo the least popular politician on Atlas?  (Read 4261 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2018, 04:28:36 PM »

Donald Trump, Woodrow Wilson, Bob Menendez, Don Blankensh**t, and Tulsi Gabbard are more hated than Cuomo.

They all have some supporters. No one likes Cuomo.

This.

If Cuomo were nominated in 2020, the red avatars (and a number of others here) would vote for him and might even sing his praises.  But at this point, he's like an enema, or Castor Oil; possibly good for you, but hard to take.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 07:10:01 AM »

You guys are missing the point.

All the other unpopular politicians being mentioned have vocal supporters here, even if they're in the minority. No one likes Cuomo at all (except Torie apparently.) There's no way you can compare Trump or Tulsi Gabbard or the Clintons to Cuomo in terms of universal hatred.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »

If Cuomo were nominated in 2020, the red avatars (and a number of others here) would vote for him and might even sing his praises.  But at this point, he's like an enema, or Castor Oil; possibly good for you, but hard to take.

The fact that this forum denies what an incredible achievement it would be for Democrats to put a name ending in a vowel on the top of the presidential ballot shows exactly how deep prejudice against Italian Americans runs in this country. It's a national disgrace. Some people just can't accept progress.

Look at what they did to Chris Christie for having a Sicilian mother. And no one is talking about it.
I thought you hated Coumo?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »

All the other unpopular politicians being mentioned have vocal supporters here, even if they're in the minority. No one likes Cuomo at all (except Torie apparently.) There's no way you can compare Trump or Tulsi Gabbard or the Clintons to Cuomo in terms of universal hatred.

I guess I'm on ignore? Smiley Glad to finally agree with Torie on a politician.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 01:54:23 PM »

The fact that this forum denies what an incredible achievement it would be for Democrats to put a name ending in a vowel on the top of the presidential ballot shows exactly how deep prejudice against Italian Americans runs in this country. It's a national disgrace. Some people just can't accept progress.

Look at what they did to Chris Christie for having a Sicilian mother. And no one is talking about it.

“Obama”, “Kerry”, “Gore”...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »

Uh, who cares? Politically Cuomo is f[inks]ing terrible. Something you've agreed with many times.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2018, 09:52:52 AM »

It's not so much his positions that bother me as much as his ethics. While I think it's a good thing that he looks out for upstate New York, there are questions if he's just an opportunist.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2018, 03:06:32 PM »

And for good reason!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2018, 03:35:30 PM »

As they say, "all politics is local." Having said that, Cuomo's speech handing out the dough was rather odd at our glorious renovated Hudson Opera House (where this image was taken), including a weird comment that the runner ups to Hudson would get some money too as a consolation prize, which turned out to be jive. Anyway, the fight as to how to use the money, has turned into a blood sport in Hudson. The spectacle kind of reminds me of the Atlas Forum sometimes. Tongue

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2018, 03:40:54 PM »

I knew it was coming Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »

Are you hankering for an image of the Clintons eating burgers at our local diner? All the top politicians in NY love Hudson. I think I can find one of Schumer as well down at our waterfront, and Gillibrand used to live just outside the city limits. It's got the vibe. Smiley
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2018, 04:01:29 PM »

Hillary is hated on Atlas? Now that's something new.

Have you looked at the results of the numerous "Opinion of Hillary Clinton" polls?  She's not exactly loved.

Though Bill might be more hated.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »

Cuomo is really hated, here, yeah. Though the weirdest target is Cory Booker. He’s an inoffensive fairly liberal and charismatic Democrat and yet everyone here seems to hate him and think he’s the devil and unelectable.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 01:11:17 AM »

I'm a bit surprised you like Cuomo. I hadn't pegged you as the woke moderate liberal type. Cuomo has made it abundantly clear that religious conservatives like myself are completely unwanted in whatever jurisdiction he's the leader of--he's more or less straight up said as much--something that may be forgivable in a bomb-throwing gadfly but certainly not in a professional, serious person type of politician. He has not, to my knowledge, apologized. Cuomo? No thanks.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 03:40:08 PM »

Cuomo is really hated, here, yeah. Though the weirdest target is Cory Booker. He’s an inoffensive fairly liberal and charismatic Democrat and yet everyone here seems to hate him and think he’s the devil and unelectable.

https://thinkprogress.org/newark-mayor-cory-booker-defends-bain-capital-attacks-obama-campaign-ddbfa660b397/
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2018, 08:01:38 PM »

Blanche Lincoln? Hillary Clinton? Bruce Braley?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2018, 08:08:21 PM »

Blanche Lincoln? Hillary Clinton? Bruce Braley?

Once again, all of those have people who like them. And trying to argue that Hillary is more hated than Cuomo on this forum is downright absurd.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2018, 09:33:12 PM »

I'm a bit surprised you like Cuomo. I hadn't pegged you as the woke moderate liberal type. Cuomo has made it abundantly clear that religious conservatives like myself are completely unwanted in whatever jurisdiction he's the leader of--he's more or less straight up said as much--something that may be forgivable in a bomb-throwing gadfly but certainly not in a professional, serious person type of politician. He has not, to my knowledge, apologized. Cuomo? No thanks.

I don't particularly associate Cuomo with wokeness at all. Of course I'm displeased that he would attend an event as disgraceful as pride. Of course I'm displeased with his living arrangement with Sandra. Abortion has dropped significantly on the list of issues I felt passionately about so old statements don't have the same sting. (And I'm still not totally over how he backstabbed Hikind.)

But his actions as an elected official giving a voice to the most important parts of the state speak much louder. He's a great representative of the interests of the financial industry and ensures the Islanders get heard and receive more than enough respect. His opponents all desire to destroy both groups by oppressing and overwhelming them with the deep blue statewide majority. In that sense, I couldn't be more pleased. On the places where I am not completely satisfied, could I expect any differently from any other governor across the US? I have a hard time believing that in 2018.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2018, 06:05:14 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=101.0

How on Earth are people seriously arguing for Hillary Clinton? She has more fans in this thread alone than Cuomo ever had in all of Atlas and AAD.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2018, 04:55:38 PM »

Any "movement conservative".  I can only think of a few people here who are fans of people like Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Matt Bevin, Rick Santorum, etc.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2018, 05:06:28 PM »

Any "movement conservative".  I can only think of a few people here who are fans of people like Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Matt Bevin, Rick Santorum, etc.

Don't lump Santorum in with those crazy sociopaths.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2021, 05:01:20 PM »

He sure is now!
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2021, 05:24:16 PM »

It's really disturbing how people have nothing better to do than disparage an obvious top three governor in the country who spends so much time as an advocate for the ALL of the people in his state, but the edgy left has proven time and time again that they really do have nothing better to do except troll caucuses to vote for the obviously senile Bernie Sanders (no different from a Ron Paul vote) and make life significantly harder for poor people to score points on bad-faith arguments just to prove how much more progressive they are than the community organizers and party officials actually engaging in political activism. I would love for him to be the next president of the United States, and it would give me an enormous sense of pride and hope.

(Signed, a Teachout campaigner)

Big ol' yikes.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2021, 05:25:56 PM »

It's really disturbing how people have nothing better to do than disparage an obvious top three governor in the country who spends so much time as an advocate for the ALL of the people in his state, but the edgy left has proven time and time again that they really do have nothing better to do except troll caucuses to vote for the obviously senile Bernie Sanders (no different from a Ron Paul vote) and make life significantly harder for poor people to score points on bad-faith arguments just to prove how much more progressive they are than the community organizers and party officials actually engaging in political activism. I would love for him to be the next president of the United States, and it would give me an enormous sense of pride and hope.

(Signed, a Teachout campaigner)

Big ol' yikes.

Yes, very embarrassing for me to call him a top 3 governor instead of the best governor. What was I thinking back then!
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2021, 06:16:52 PM »

Is it sad that I first knew of Andrew Cuomo (and most politicians for that matter) through Atlas and I for a while questioned why Atlas hates him? With that said, my opinion of him has gone down with further research and at his core, he's obviously a corporate Democrat who is an opportunist similar to Chuck Schumer rather than a populist social democrat.  

Considering New York City is the largest metropolitan area in the state (as well as the country), and is considered one of the world's great megalopolises, is it any surprise that Democrats in the state are so tightly bound to the largest industry in the Big Apple?  Wouldn't you expect Democrats in the state to be the most Wall Street-friendly compared to their counterparts elsewhere in the country? 

In a world where the elite have a disproportional say in our political system through a corrupt campaign finance system, no, but such system is the thing crippling our politics.

I was so tedious back in 2018.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies