Calling it Now - Trump wins Re-election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:56:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Calling it Now - Trump wins Re-election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Calling it Now - Trump wins Re-election  (Read 6130 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: June 20, 2018, 06:31:56 PM »

I'm 50-50 on whether he wins or not. I probably won't feel confident until November 2020, one way or the other. I don't want to underestimate him again or rule out the low expectations that American voters have set for him but I also can't ignore how he only barely won on a technicality and succeeded primarily due to timing and luck.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 06:27:25 PM »

Things are as good as they're going to get for Trump. He hasn't faced a real economic crisis and he's actively trying to start one. A recession or inflationary spiral between 2018 and 2020 would probably be enough to kill his chances for reelection.

I would have agreed with you unequivocally if it wasn't for the recent child migrant issue. This seems to finally be opening peoples' eyes somewhat. Let's just hope it lasts. Trump's peak was probably April-early June of this year. And even then, that's only when you judge his administration on the curve that it often finds itself on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies