New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:23:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Author Topic: New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2)  (Read 14948 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2018, 12:37:41 AM »
« edited: August 06, 2018, 03:10:39 PM by ProudModerate2 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 12:42:12 AM »

Here we go again.
Home Depot needs to prepare by overstocking their nearby stores with extra tiki torches.
Bed, Bath and Beyond should prepare with extra white sheets.

And the big question since it will be held in Washington DC, is will the Orange Fuhrer himself, come out to join this filth, and help in their group chant, screaming "Jews will not replace us!"
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 12:45:02 AM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:09:50 AM »

Why did they grant the permit to begin with? I don’t think white nationalists should be censored, but it’s not like the Charlottesville guy of all people has the best track record regardless of what he believes.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 06:35:46 AM »

There are white people in DC?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 06:36:35 AM »

They didn't murder enough innocent people last year?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 06:48:37 AM »

There is Trump.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 07:54:24 AM »

*Raises hand*

I suspect this rally, like the one in Charlottesville, will be mostly out-of-towners. White supremacists know the optics of doing a "March on our mothers' basements" just doesn't have the best optics, so they coopt other peoples' town centers.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 08:00:02 AM »

These guys need to f*** off.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 08:09:38 AM »

I thought he was sued into oblivion, but maybe I’m misremembering
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 08:13:34 AM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 08:13:50 AM »

An American citizen requests a permit for him and his group to publicly assemble in Washington, DC.  Just exactly why is this newsworthy?  Folks regularly request such permits; why is this one such a big deal?

Don't bother.  I know why this one is SPECIAL.  The folks who hate Trump more than they hate this clown WANT him to protest.  They WANT counterdemonstrators to be there (that's why the word of this is being disseminated).  They HOPE for violence, because violence feeds into the "White Supremacist" narrative about Trump that they are vested in.  A violent incident will give the "Resistance" (including the Antifa and alt-left types) some sort of moral high ground.  And, of course, Antifa, BLM, and all the other groups of that type will just have to serve as "counterdemonstrators" so "their voices can be heard".  And, once again, the folks that will suffer the most will be folks who are not vested in the alt-right extremist movements, or the countering leftist fringe.  (Or, for that matter, "The Resistance" that eggs on the fringe.)  The folks who are vested in their families and their lives, but not in the histrionic drama of demonstrators and counterdemonstrators will pay for what goes wrong, and Trump will be pilloried as a racist/fascist/deliverer of wedgies to folks with diarrhea by the cackling news media and the commentariat.  

I know that the possibility that tragic events that occur when these alt-right-paloozas are well attended by Klansman and Antifa alike in a closed space, and I know the motivation being on TV gives to both the white supremacists and Antifa.  But is a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?  If the alt-right holds a demonstration and none of the media show up, does it make an impact?

The wise thing for a society to do is to NOT GIVE THESE FOLKS MEDIA ATTENTION.  Media attention exaggerates their numbers and their real influence.  Unfortunately, the media has the ability to raise the celebrity status of David Duke (for their own purposes), regardless of collateral damage that may cause.  I really do know I ask for too much, but perhaps the media can stop giving these events and these clowns attention.  That MIGHT actually prevent another Charlottesville.  On the other hand, the media WANTS another Charlottesville, and bigger.  (I don't think anyone really disagrees with me, regardless of what they post.)

I will be praying for God's protective hand on DC, and on America, particularly on that day.  I will pray that He will bring people to their senses to skip the foolishness, and to express their views in more coherent ways.  And I will pray for the Chicken Littles of the Resistance to stop screaming that the Sky is Falling.  We really aren't on the verge of an alt-right takeover any more than the Commies were coming over the Brooklyn Bridge in the 1950s.  The Fascists aren't in power, except in the minds of some Atlasians who view even Andrew Cuomo as a right winger.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 08:21:54 AM »

Have you considered that the increasing activity of these groups is an actual indicator of increasing radical rightism in the U.S., and not a completely unrelated coincidence used by those violent leftists to spread their shrill propaganda?

These people are coming in to attempt to intimidate those they see as lesser. This is why they come to the most left-leaning cities in the nation - Charlottesville, Richmond, Boston, and now DC - because they all dream of being 'based stick man' and seeing their political opponents fear them. This is provocation, and cannot be ignored by the residents who just want to live in peace. Where those flags go unopposed, burning crosses are not far behind. You can continue to see this as baseless hyperbole if you want, until these people show up at your front door.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 08:24:26 AM »

Why did they grant the permit to begin with? I don’t think white nationalists should be censored, but it’s not like the Charlottesville guy of all people has the best track record regardless of what he believes.

My read suggests no permit has yet been granted
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »

Fuzzy Bear sounds pissed that his people folks are getting covered by the media. Looking forward to him reluctantly defending white nationalists when some Antifa super soldier spits on someone or something.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 09:32:16 AM »

Fuzzy Bear is the 'Moderate Hero' of all moderate heroes.  And I don't mean that as a compliment.  
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 10:43:50 AM »

Someone should explain to him that it's really not necessary to hold mass protests in support of positions the White House already has.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 11:04:39 AM »

I'm surprised that Klansmen never appropriated the Horst-Wessel-Lied

"Our cross lit bright, our ranks in tight formation..."

It would fit.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »

Have you considered that the increasing activity of these groups is an actual indicator of increasing radical rightism in the U.S., and not a completely unrelated coincidence used by those violent leftists to spread their shrill propaganda?

These people are coming in to attempt to intimidate those they see as lesser. This is why they come to the most left-leaning cities in the nation - Charlottesville, Richmond, Boston, and now DC - because they all dream of being 'based stick man' and seeing their political opponents fear them. This is provocation, and cannot be ignored by the residents who just want to live in peace. Where those flags go unopposed, burning crosses are not far behind. You can continue to see this as baseless hyperbole if you want, until these people show up at your front door.

Fuzzy doesn't consider any facts related to these scum. Once before he down-played the existence and evil of the white nationalists, KKK and Nazis as "a group that was already here in the US, so I don't worry about them" (paraphrasing). But on the other hand, he will tell you with every fiber in his body and with extreme details, the existence and horror of MS-13. He will go on and on about "MS-13," and using Fuzzy's words, will describe them as if "the sky is falling."
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 11:17:51 AM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »

My read suggests no permit has yet been granted

I guess there is a two-step process of some kind. The article says that the NPS (National Park Service) "has approved Kessler's request, but has yet to grant a permit."
So I don't know where it goes from here.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 11:35:45 AM »

Recently, I’m beginning to wonder if Fuzzy Bear is a real Christian.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 11:40:06 AM »

Recently, I’m beginning to wonder if Fuzzy Bear is a real Christian.

You would think more of me if you believed I weren't.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »

The liberal wing of the GOP Purple heart
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2018, 12:12:13 PM »

Fully expecting the media to give the alt-right exactly the attention they want.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies