NV-Sen: Trump calls Rosen "Wacky Jacky"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:15:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV-Sen: Trump calls Rosen "Wacky Jacky"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NV-Sen: Trump calls Rosen "Wacky Jacky"  (Read 2851 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 12:11:17 AM »

the obvious point that has been made is, as seen in 2016, his base isn't even big enough to win Nevada in the first place.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 12:31:26 AM »

The gov race with Adam Laxalt does show promise, but Heller is likely to lose and have a split,
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 12:34:14 AM »

W A C K Y   J A C K Y
A
C
K
Y

J
A
C
K
Y
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2018, 12:39:03 AM »

Heller is an idiot. You don't typically hug the unpopular president who didn't win your state when you're the most vulnerable senator in the country.
Mail-order President
Dark Horse

Political Matrix
E: 0.50, S: -3.00

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2018, 01:17:27 AM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2018, 01:28:50 AM »

The only two I've ever liked is Lyin' Ted and Liddle Bob Corker, and Corker's was specifically because one time he used the worst "Liddle" (or said it? I forget). As Maxwell pointed out, the most effective ones reinforce a widely perceived weakness of the candidate, like Crooked Hillary. The vast majority of the others are just lazy names that really won't make sense to most people. But everything else aside, these names are pointless. No one is going to win or lose elections just because they used (or got called) some childish name by a childish candidate.

It still amazes me to this day that we are even talking about something like this, and that we have a president who actually makes up little names and constantly uses them, like he's some playground bully. It's truly symbolic of how low and dumb politics has gotten, courtesy of the most childish president in American history.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2018, 01:53:36 AM »

Heller is an idiot. You don't typically hug the unpopular president who didn't win your state when you're the most vulnerable senator in the country.

The NV rural base is Tea Partyish and pretty culturally libertarian and generally are not found of Heller, who they rightfully perceive as a corporate flip flopping DC insider, and are fine with Trump. They love to vote 3rd party for GOPers they don't like. With that said, don't expect him to make inroads in Clark County, given how terrible he did there in 2012 (despite doing pretty decent there in his past statewide runs) and that he has basically managed to piss everyone off.

Honestly, Dean Heller should be casting himself as a moderate libertarian. Bucking the GOP on foreign policy, weed, and to some extent health care but also being very pro-gun and pretty conservative on immigration. And to be fair if he had actually opposed Trumpcare from both the left and the right rather than bucking at the last moment after opposing it from the left, I'd say he's done that in terms of his voting record, but since he waffled on Trumpcare, now he has to kick Trump's ass to try to get them back.

As for the nickname itself, I like it, honestly. With that said, Jacky Rosen is literally the opposite of wacky.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2018, 05:14:27 AM »

I hate to say it, but I do find it funny.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 12:33:10 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »

That's future Senator Wacky Jacky to you!
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2018, 01:03:09 PM »

Low-energy insult.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »

I seriously hope she wears that insult as a badge of honor. Trademark it. Show Trump that petty and stupid nicknames don't win elections.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2018, 01:22:57 PM »

I seriously hope she wears that insult as a badge of honor. Trademark it. Show Trump that petty and stupid nicknames don't win elections.

Somebody's bound to one day.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »

Trump's masterpiece is Lyin' Ted, which has basically become Cruz's new first name. If Cruz runs for Peesident even in like 2044 when all of this is a distant memory (and he's young enough that that's plausible), he'll still be Lyin' Ted Cruz.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 01:35:55 PM »

Trump's masterpiece is Lyin' Ted, which has basically become Cruz's new first name. If Cruz runs for Peesident even in like 2044 when all of this is a distant memory (and he's young enough that that's plausible), he'll still be Lyin' Ted Cruz.

That's what the Russian prostitutes called Trump that night
DFL

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2018, 05:53:45 PM »

God I hope we don't have to worry about Cruz in 30 years
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »

That's what the Russian prostitutes called Trump that night

This post is more clever and amusing than any of Trump's nicknames.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2018, 11:29:03 PM »

These nicknames were hilarious in 2015/2016 because they were so outrageously undignified for a person who thought he could be President to be using. But ever since he got elected they seem really lame, forced, and about as weak as you'd expect for someone with the mental capacity of Trump. It's like he caught on to the joke and ruined it, but ruined it so spectacularly it's become a joke itself.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2018, 11:43:41 PM »

Heller's fate is a done deal  and AZ open, is done, too. Trump realizes, and maybe waited too long to salvage these seats, so he's going negative. Ohio 12 is going that way too
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2018, 10:46:23 AM »

I thought that Rosen would ultimately win but underperform but this probably gives her a bump. I want to know who thought sending him to Nevada to stump for the only Republican in a Hillary state at this particular moment was a good idea.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2018, 10:57:33 AM »

I thought that Rosen would ultimately win but underperform but this probably gives her a bump. I want to know who thought sending him to Nevada to stump for the only Republican in a Hillary state at this particular moment was a good idea.

He just boosted her name recognition, which was the reason why she was underperforming in the polls.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »

Trump called Harry Reid "Crazy Broken Harry Reid" back in 2016, right before the election. I also got to see Secret Service rush him off the stage.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2018, 06:56:12 PM »

These nicknames were hilarious in 2015/2016 because they were so outrageously undignified for a person who thought he could be President to be using. But ever since he got elected they seem really lame, forced, and about as weak as you'd expect for someone with the mental capacity of Trump. It's like he caught on to the joke and ruined it, but ruined it so spectacularly it's become a joke itself.

It's a sad metaphor that applies to almost everything in Trump's life. He just doesn't when to cut his losses and stop doing something.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2018, 07:01:27 PM »

It's a sad metaphor that applies to almost everything in Trump's life. He just doesn't when to cut his losses and stop doing something.

That's why he is Peesident.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2018, 09:11:25 PM »

Do y'all think Dennis Hof is going to win? I'd rate the race tilt D.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies