MT-Remington: Tester leads by 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:30:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MT-Remington: Tester leads by 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MT-Remington: Tester leads by 3  (Read 4029 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 11:39:38 AM »

I think Tester may lose
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »

PPP > Remington.

I'm not sure why some here are so quick to dismiss PPP.

Remington's final MO poll had Blunt winning by 4, Trump by 13 and Greitens by 1, so aside from the Senate numbers there was nothing Republican-friendly about that poll. Sure, they also released a lot of bad polls in 2016, but so did PPP. Dismissing or "unskewing" either poll just because you don’t like the result would be foolish, just include it in your polling average. I’m pretty sure that Tester +3 isn’t a more ridiculous result than Tester +13 (SurveyMonkey).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 11:57:09 AM »

PPP > Remington.

I'm not sure why some here are so quick to dismiss PPP.

Remington's final MO poll had Blunt winning by 4, Trump by 13 and Greitens by 1, so aside from the Senate numbers there was nothing Republican-friendly about that poll. Sure, they also released a lot of bad polls in 2016, but so did PPP. Dismissing or "unskewing" either poll just because you don’t like the result would be foolish, just include it in your polling average. I’m pretty sure that Tester +3 isn’t a more ridiculous result than Tester +13 (SurveyMonkey).

Still in disbelief that you think Petroleum county will narrowly go to Rosendale.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 12:02:13 PM »

Not the best poll for Tester, but of course him leading by 3 makes this a Toss-Up, while a poll showing Cruz up by 2 doesn’t change the fact that TX is ultra safe titanium R #AtlasLogic
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »

Not the best poll for Tester, but of course him leading by 3 makes this a Toss-Up, while a poll showing Cruz up by 2 doesn’t change the fact that TX is ultra safe titanium R #AtlasLogic

So one or two posters = Atlas? Last time I checked, most people still think MT and TX are both leaning toward the incumbent's party.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 12:15:35 PM »

it should be 48 R-45 D on the Fox news battle for Senate; but TX, it will monumentus if Beto pulls it off
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 12:23:50 PM »

Remington (R): Tester +3 - Republican pollster, junk poll, Tester is leading by much more than that
PPP (D): Bredesen +3 - Devastating poll for Republicans, Tossup/Tilt D
Counter point there was been recent polling of Montana that has Tester higher while Tennessee has had little polling so we have to go off what we can
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 12:42:47 PM »

^What recent polling? SurveyMonkey (Tester +13/Blackburn +14)? Or Gravis (Tester +7/Williams +6/surprisingly Democratic-friendly results on a lot of issues)? Of those three, Remington is probably the most trustworthy pollster, although that’s a low bar. 

I think Tester is leading by 4-7 points right now in a race that definitely leans (strongly) D, but perhaps I’m underestimating how Democratic/populist Montana is.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »

^What recent polling? SurveyMonkey (Tester +13/Blackburn +14)? Or Gravis (Tester +7/Williams +6/surprisingly Democratic-friendly results on a lot of issues)? Of those three, Remington is probably the most trustworthy pollster, although that’s a low bar. 

I think Tester is leading by 4-7 points right now in a race that definitely leans (strongly) D, but perhaps I’m underestimating how Democratic/populist Montana is.
Yeah that is what I was referring to. Granted those two stink but it’s more than what we have in Tennessee though on the flip side most Tennessee polls that have come out have more or less Bredesen +3 as well
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »

Mods must do something for all these bots posting spam in every thread.

Not everyone who is not on your side of the ideological spectrum is a bot.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2018, 06:24:14 PM »

Not bad for Tester, but also not great for Tester.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2018, 10:19:44 AM »

I don't really get why this poll is good news for Tester. It shows the race is in play. Granted, it's Remington, though that's beeter than that horible Survey Monkey poll.

That said, I believe Tester is in better shape than, say, McCaskill or Heitkamp, heay end up winning like he did in 2012.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 07:33:38 PM »

Mods must do something for all these bots posting spam in every thread.

Not everyone who is not on your side of the ideological spectrum is a bot.

But if someone always posts the same predictable prepackaged talking points in every post, that's worth a look.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 07:43:08 PM »

The Senate stands at 49-46 and common wisdom has Heidi is the number 1 Dem to lose. The Dems has a 1 seat margin of error if TN goes Democrat and FL, ND, MT, MO & IN can go red
Rhenna
Gabor
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2018, 10:01:47 PM »

The Senate stands at 49-46 and common wisdom has Heidi is the number 1 Dem to lose. The Dems has a 1 seat margin of error if TN goes Democrat and FL, ND, MT, MO & IN can go red
Heidi is much less vulnerable that the MSM and atlas paints her to be. She was down against Berg until the very end and I'm not sure if Cramer is a better candidate than Berg. Also, the year will be more dem-friendly than 2012. I say Donnelly is more vulnerable.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2018, 07:02:46 PM »

Rosendale has been cooking the books apparently?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-senate-hopeful-cooks-books-skirts-donation-limits
UncleSam

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2018, 07:25:30 PM »

Ya...that’s not what cooking the books means. Cooking the books means falsifying information for the purposes of covering up fraud or other illegal activities. Even within that article it is admitted that this practice is above board and more of a clever accounting practice than anything else.

Democrats should take note and use this same strategy. I see nothing wrong with it unless you believe that large political contributions are wrong, in which case I’d argue that to change the law you need to be willing to play by the rules of the game lest you be at a disadvantage. Until then, everyone should be using this if you have donors willing to max out that high.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2018, 03:09:02 PM »

Not bad for Tester, but also not great for Tester.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies