Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2019, 11:08:52 pm
News: 2019 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active

Atlas Forum
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls (Moderator: Brittain33)
  FL - NBC/Marist: Nelson +4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: FL - NBC/Marist: Nelson +4  (Read 1438 times)
Lou Barletta's Teeth
PittsburghSteel
YaBB God
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2018, 02:09:08 pm »

Nelson: 49%
Scott: 45%

Dems lead GOP by 6 in Generic Ballot

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/FLpolls/FL180617/NBC%20News%20Marist%20Poll_Written%20Summary%20of%20Findings_FL_June%202018.pdf
ajc0918
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:09:43 pm »

Scott has spent $20MM so far on tv ads and still can't shake the space man.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 02:10:53 pm »

Hmm, way too kind to Nelson, but throw it in to the mean, I guess. Likely --> Lean R.
Horus
Sheliak5
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:11:11 pm »

Scott is going to win by around 8 percent.
Warren Peace🦋
Ascott
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:11:24 pm »

Img
Senator ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 02:11:56 pm »

Hmm, way too kind to Nelson, but throw it in to the mean, I guess. Likely --> Lean R.

LMAO.
Councilor Zaybay
Zaybay
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 02:12:19 pm »

We shouldnt take one poll for granted, but yeah, this race should be in Rick's favor after all the money he has blown through, and yet, Nelson can still lead. If Nelson starts sending his ads out, then Rick might be DOA.
Gass3268
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 02:15:21 pm »
« Edited: June 26, 2018, 02:23:03 pm by Gass3268 »

I've yet to see a poll were Scott gets over 47%. Nelson has been everywhere from 50% to 39%.
WI Is Tilt D
ShadowOfTheWave
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 02:16:11 pm »

Scott is going to win by around 8 percent.

The fuk?
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix
E: 3.29, S: -1.30

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 02:20:08 pm »

It's not like this is a red state to begin with. Nelson is a relatively popular Democratic incumbent in a purple state running for reelection in the middle of a blue wave. He should by cruising to reelection but Scott is a strong challenger which is why the race has stayed competitive.
ajc0918
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 02:27:52 pm »

It's not like this is a red state to begin with. Nelson is a relatively popular Democratic incumbent in a purple state running for reelection in the middle of a blue wave. He should by cruising to reelection but Scott is a strong challenger which is why the race has stayed competitive.

Scott has never gotten more than 48.9% of the vote in an election. He has also never gotten more than 48% in any poll. In fact, if you remove internals (since FL Chamber polls are essentially that) he has never gotten more than 46% in a poll. He's not super strong, he just has money to blow.

Senator ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 02:28:58 pm »

Scott has never gotten more than 48.9% of the vote in an election. He has also never gotten more than 48% in any poll. In fact, if you remove internals (since FL Chamber polls are essentially that) he has never gotten more than 46% in a poll. He's not super strong, he just has money to blow.

Hasn't his net worth also dropped a ton because of the fact he flooded his two governor's races with tons of his own money?
Mondale
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
YaBB God
United States
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 02:31:32 pm »

Hasn't his net worth also dropped a ton because of the fact he flooded his two governor's races with tons of his own money?

Scott blew $70 million on the FL governors race and won both times with a margin under 1% in two of the best GOP wave years (2010 & 2014)

He's overrated
Gass3268
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 02:31:43 pm »

They pulled the polls, lol
Lou Barletta's Teeth
PittsburghSteel
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 02:33:36 pm »

They pulled the polls, lol

Means somebody leaked them
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix
E: 3.29, S: -1.30

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 02:38:23 pm »

So that proves he's not a strong opponent for Nelson?

Whatever the reason may be - his fortune being poured into the race, his positive approvals - he's giving Nelson the fight of his life.

I'm not saying Scott will win. In fact, I've stated several times that I believe Nelson will pull through in the end. But that doesn't mean this isn't a strong challenge.
heatcharger
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 02:40:52 pm »

When is deadbeat forum owner Dave Leip gonna give me poll database access? Of course mds32 added the OH-Gov poll along with other trash polls but not any of the Senate polls to come out today.
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.70

P P

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 02:53:36 pm »

When is deadbeat forum owner Dave Leip gonna give me poll database access? Of course mds32 added the OH-Gov poll along with other trash polls but not any of the Senate polls to come out today.

Dave didn't give me access until like a year after I requested it, lol. So don't hold your breath.

I'll add them if you want though. I can't add the Marist ones until the data actually comes out though, not just leaked numbers.
pppolitics
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 03:06:20 pm »

If Nelson loses, the Florida Democratic Party should be disbanded and future elections should be run from DNC's headquarter.
For Trump everything, for immigrants the law
xingkerui
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.63, S: -6.13

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »

Here's how this poll is actually good news for Scott...
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 03:39:41 pm »

A decent pollster!? *GASP*
Clinton King Mills Congressional Dem voter for Trump
Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -4.00

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 03:45:16 pm »

Lean D.
Bagel23
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 04:08:06 pm »

Whatever the reason may be - his fortune being poured into the race, his positive approvals - he's giving Nelson the fight of his life.

I'm not saying Scott will win. In fact, I've stated several times that I believe Nelson will pull through in the end. But that doesn't mean this isn't a strong challenge.

This exactly, my bro Clarence is in a ferocious fight, but he should make it out by the skin of his teeth.
KingSweden
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 04:11:37 pm »

This is the correct take.
Lou Barletta's Teeth
PittsburghSteel
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 06:17:42 pm »

Marist has released the cross tabs-

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/FLpolls/FL180617/Toss%20Up%20Questions_NBC%20News_Marist%20Poll_Florida%20Nature%20of%20the%20Sample%20and%20Tables_June%202018.pdf#page=1
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies