Istook is Challenging Henry...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:30:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Istook is Challenging Henry...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Istook is Challenging Henry...  (Read 1770 times)
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2005, 08:32:06 PM »

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=91223
Ernest Istook Is Running For Governor

[E-mail this story to a friend...]

[ 1 of 4 |  ]

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) _ Veteran Rep. Ernest J. Istook said Monday he is leaving Congress to run for governor of his home state, a post now held by Democrat Brad Henry.
Flanked by supporters and members of his family at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, Istook said he came to the decision after long and ``prayerful'' deliberations with his wife, Judy.
``I am running to become governor of Oklahoma, and I intend to win,'' Istook said.
Istook stressed the importance of leading Oklahoma to prosperity through job creation and a focus on education that emphasized the role of parents in the lives of students.
``We should never discuss education without discussing parents,'' he said.
Earlier Monday, Istook said his decision had nothing to do with losing his chairmanship of the subcommittee that oversees highway funding.
``This is unrelated. This has to do with Oklahoma's leadership needs. It's something that has always been in my heart to do,'' he told The Associated Press shortly before his formal announcement.

more on the link
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies