CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:14:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 97
Author Topic: CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6  (Read 117747 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: August 16, 2018, 08:15:13 AM »

I seriously went to bed last night expecting to see Sabato Crystal Ball make a big pack of ratings changes to the Democrats, and instead it is half and half, with not 1 of the ratings changes towards the Republicans making any sense, and several clear situations where there should have been ratings changes to the Democrats where no changes were made.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1226 on: August 16, 2018, 08:49:21 AM »

Much like Kenosha, GOP pulls off a bare win in Racine (50.8-49.2); was Trump +4 in 2016.

That's actually a pretty weak swing.

Racine county is essentially the Milwaukee Metro area condensed into one county. From east to west you have an liberal urban core (Racine) with a large number of minorities, conservative suburbs (Caledonia & Mount Pleasant), even more conservative rural townships (Dover, Norway, etc.), and then an working class increasingly conservative exurban city (Burlington). Democrats win the county by getting big margins and big turnout in the City of Racine, while keeping the margins respectable in the rest of the county. That just hasn't been happening since 2012.

Kenosha is different because while the City of Kenosha is less Democratic than the City of Racine, it makes up a larger % of the counties population. The Kenosha suburbs have less people and are more swingy (Democrats tend to win Pleasant Prairie if they are doing well in the county and statewide).

Also Kenosha is part of the Chicago metropolitan, but still part of the Milwaukee media market. Being more orientated towards Chicago, makes it more Democratically friendly than Racine which is all Milwaukee. A similar comparison is in Walworth County were Democrats tend to do better in the southern part of the county, while getting blown out in the northern tier of the county near Waukesha County (Whitewater being an obvious exception).

Hope that helps explain things.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1227 on: August 16, 2018, 08:57:10 AM »

I seriously went to bed last night expecting to see Sabato Crystal Ball make a big pack of ratings changes to the Democrats, and instead it is half and half, with not 1 of the ratings changes towards the Republicans making any sense, and several clear situations where there should have been ratings changes to the Democrats where no changes were made.

You are aware that candidates win races by getting the most votes and not by getting the prediction pundits?

I know the College Football championship used to be decided by a vote of journalists, but I think that's the only place that ever applied.

Seriously who cares what Sabato et al predict?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1228 on: August 16, 2018, 09:42:25 AM »

You are aware that candidates win races by getting the most votes and not by getting the prediction pundits?

I know the College Football championship used to be decided by a vote of journalists, but I think that's the only place that ever applied.

Seriously who cares what Sabato et al predict?
I agree, these pundits are morons. You shouldnt take their word as the end all be all. They had MN as a tossup and moved it because Johnson won, not because of any other factor, but because Johnson won. OR is moved due to dud polling. RI isnt seen as a tough state for Ds even though polling from well established places see a tossup race. And, I cant stress this enough, MD can easily be won by the Ds if they consolidate the AA vote, which Jealous should be able to do.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1229 on: August 16, 2018, 12:20:37 PM »

One thing I think some people need to be reminded of is that primary electorates on a county by county basis more so reflect the traditional and historical nature of the county rather than how it votes in general elections. We may see a sort of return to 2012-like political geography in some 2018 races but to say 2016 was a fluke and that Republicans are no longer going to win the Midwest is just plain delusion.

Who wins the Midwest is going to depend on what Democrats actually do. If they keep pursuing muh Suburban Strategy Smiley Smiley Smiley and ignoring the reality that working people in this country actually live in like they did in 2016, then yeah, it won't be a fluke. If they actually go back to trying to pretend to care about that stuff though, and are smart enough to point out that the GOP's ~populism is phony, they could easily regain it.
Yep, but we all know they are pursuing the former strategy. All this yapping about Russia and guns (as correct as their moral stance in that is, nobody in the rurals wants to hear it) will get them nowhere with the Obama-Trump voters they need.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1230 on: August 16, 2018, 06:20:46 PM »

Quick Update on the still uncalled race for second place in WA-2:

Congressional District 2 - U.S. RepresentativeCounty Results & Map
Candidate   Vote   Vote %
Collin Richard Carlson(Prefers Democratic Party)
11,985   7.71%
Uncle Mover(Prefers Moderate GOP Party)
11,750   7.56%
Brian Luke(Prefers Libertarian Party)
12,238   7.87%
Stonewall Jackson Bird (Stoney)(Prefers Green Party)
6,479   4.17%
Rick Larsen(Prefers Democratic Party)
100,863   64.87%
will finish first
Gary Franco(Prefers Independent Party)
12,172   7.83%
Total Votes (not including write-ins)   155,487   

At this point, I can officially project that Stonewall Jackson Bird, Uncle Mover, and Collin Richard Carlson will not advance to the next round. However, it remains too close to call between Gary Franco and Brian Luke. Approximately 906 votes remain in the counties in the district (though not all votes are in CD 2), and the bulk of those are in a county where Mr. Franco (who is in 3rd districtwide) leads Mr. Luke (who is in 2nd districtwide). With a difference of less than 100 votes districtwide, it remains much too close to call, and may remain such until the counting deadline on the 21st.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1231 on: August 16, 2018, 09:21:20 PM »

There's somebody named Uncle Mover?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1232 on: August 16, 2018, 09:22:24 PM »

It is Seattle
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1233 on: August 16, 2018, 10:28:18 PM »

Democratic voting interest looks high in Florida this far.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1234 on: August 17, 2018, 03:48:42 AM »

Quick Update on the still uncalled race for second place in WA-2:

11,985   7.71%
11,750   7.56%
12,238   7.87%
6,479   4.17%
100,863   64.87%
will finish first
12,172   7.83%
Total Votes (not including write-ins)   155,487   

At this point, I can officially project that Stonewall Jackson Bird, Uncle Mover, and Collin Richard Carlson will not advance to the next round. However, it remains too close to call between Gary Franco and Brian Luke. Approximately 906 votes remain in the counties in the district (though not all votes are in CD 2), and the bulk of those are in a county where Mr. Franco (who is in 3rd districtwide) leads Mr. Luke (who is in 2nd districtwide). With a difference of less than 100 votes districtwide, it remains much too close to call, and may remain such until the counting deadline on the 21st.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1235 on: August 17, 2018, 07:02:05 AM »

I remember when Marc Caputo was blabbering on about there being no signs of Democratic enthusiasm in Florida.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1236 on: August 17, 2018, 11:42:56 AM »

He's run multiple times before for both parties.  He used to be known as 'Mike the Mover.'
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1237 on: August 17, 2018, 11:44:40 AM »

These results are also skewed by the fact that people like me are voting GOP so they lose
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1238 on: August 17, 2018, 12:26:18 PM »

How does a 42% D, 39% R, 19% O electorate (total ballot figures from the tweet) compare to past cycles?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1239 on: August 17, 2018, 08:14:55 PM »

With only 106 remaining votes in the counties in the district (props to Skagit County for counting 800 votes over the last 24 hours), we have a winner for 2nd place in WA-2:

12,034   7.71%
11,808   7.56%
12,301   7.88%
will finish second
6,505   4.17%
101,290   64.86%
will finish first
12,235   7.83%
Total Votes (not including write-ins)   156,173   

This concludes the Washington primaries.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1240 on: August 17, 2018, 11:57:37 PM »

I can't wait to vote tomorrow! I was considering doing absentee this cycle but decided to do it in-person since I like the traditional experience Curly
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1241 on: August 18, 2018, 12:01:47 AM »

I can't wait to vote tomorrow! I was considering doing absentee this cycle but decided to do it in-person since I like the traditional experience Curly
Who are you voting?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1242 on: August 18, 2018, 12:15:48 AM »

Dem ballot, for Graham. Too many wildcards with the others, imo.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1243 on: August 18, 2018, 12:16:36 AM »

Dem ballot, for Graham. Too many wildcards with the others, imo.

What about ma boi Nelson?

Or is it one of those states where someone's name aint on the ballot if they are unopposed?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1244 on: August 18, 2018, 06:55:14 PM »

These results are also skewed by the fact that people like me are voting GOP so they lose

Cuz your votes gonna make a huge difference right? I doubt anyone besides total political junkies do that anyway
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1245 on: August 18, 2018, 07:40:00 PM »

Gotten several texts from Levine's camp reminding me to vote, as well as an event invite from Gillum's team. No contact from the others.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1246 on: August 18, 2018, 07:41:24 PM »

Gotten several texts from Levine's camp reminding me to vote, as well as an event invite from Gillum's team. No contact from the others.

I get like 3 emails a day from Levine...never gotten a single text, email, call, etc... from Graham. I'm guessing they just expect to win
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1247 on: August 20, 2018, 05:06:27 PM »

I get like 3 emails a day from Levine...never gotten a single text, email, call, etc... from Graham. I'm guessing they just expect to win

the polling has really tightened up between Graham and Levine the last few weeks, it's a total toss up
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1248 on: August 20, 2018, 06:12:53 PM »

the polling has really tightened up between Graham and Levine the last few weeks, it's a total toss up
at this point, the race in FL looks like a complete tossup, any of the top three candidates can win. It all depends on how this week stands.
Graham needs to maintain her lead.
Levine needs to pull off enough Greene voters.
Gillum needs to use his newfound money and endorsement to pound the airwaves and peel of Graham, Levine, and Greene voters.
The race is in a week from now, and its anyone's game.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1249 on: August 20, 2018, 09:25:25 PM »

at this point, the race in FL looks like a complete tossup, any of the top three candidates can win. It all depends on how this week stands.
Graham needs to maintain her lead.
Levine needs to pull off enough Greene voters.
Gillum needs to use his newfound money and endorsement to pound the airwaves and peel of Graham, Levine, and Greene voters.
The race is in a week from now, and its anyone's game.

I don't think Gillum has much of a chance and I think his new money will take more votes away from Graham than Levine
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies