CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:18:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 97
Author Topic: CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6  (Read 117297 times)
Yellowhammer
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2018, 10:51:56 PM »

I voted for King but I'm not sad to see Marshall win. I'm happy to see Gerald Dial (been in the legislature since 1974) go down. I'm also very happy to see that Twinkle lost. I absolutely despise that woman.
I didn't like Twinkle's dishonest attacks against Ainsworth, but otherwise, what've you got against her?
I'm also overjoyed to see Dial lose. He's a real POS.

Dial lost 61-39% in Clay County LOL.
Golden. Everyone I know from Clay county hates him. What about Cleburne?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2018, 11:42:19 PM »

There's a grown adult that goes by the name "Twinkle"?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2018, 11:44:22 PM »

That’s literally her first name lol
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2018, 12:07:57 AM »

I voted for King but I'm not sad to see Marshall win. I'm happy to see Gerald Dial (been in the legislature since 1974) go down. I'm also very happy to see that Twinkle lost. I absolutely despise that woman.

What's so bad about Dial? I know he was a very conservative Democrat in the past (until he lost Democratic primary in 2006), but that can be said about lot of people in the state. I understand, that now Republicans have it's own big bench and doesn't need a conservative Democrats in their ranks, as in the past, when Republican party was much smaller and heavily recruited them. But, besides that, what else?

P.S. Would Bright run better in GE as a "conservative Indie" then in Republican primary?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2018, 12:08:22 AM »

What’s wrong with Twinkle?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2018, 03:49:20 AM »

That's honestly kind of awesome.

I'll say it: I'd rather have someone named Twinkle on the Supreme Court than someone named Brett.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2018, 05:55:53 AM »

Roy Moore be like walkings into McDonalds and hollers can I get a kids meal with extra kids.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2018, 07:49:15 AM »

What's so bad about Dial? I know he was a very conservative Democrat in the past (until he lost Democratic primary in 2006), but that can be said about lot of people in the state. I understand, that now Republicans have it's own big bench and doesn't need a conservative Democrats in their ranks, as in the past, when Republican party was much smaller and heavily recruited them. But, besides that, what else?

P.S. Would Bright run better in GE as a "conservative Indie" then in Republican primary?

Dial is quite corrupt. Also, I don't understand why he even ran for Ag. commissioner. He's 80 years old and has been in office for 44 years, so I don't understand why he would run for commissioner of all things.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2018, 07:50:56 AM »

I just really don't like her. She champions herself on being an outsider even though she has ran statewide 4 or 5 times. Her ads in the race were either false ads about Ainsworth or about how she "laced up her shoes to campaign for President Trump." Honestly, she kinda comes off as dumb to me.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2018, 08:02:52 AM »

I don't believe Little Stars are eligible to run for Alabama Lieutenant Governor.

HA man that was a good one
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2018, 08:10:57 AM »

Dial is quite corrupt. Also, I don't understand why he even ran for Ag. commissioner. He's 80 years old and has been in office for 44 years, so I don't understand why he would run for commissioner of all things.

Thanks! May be - he ran because he regularily had rather difficult primaries running for his state Senate seat (at least - it was so in 2006 (as Democrat) and 2014 (as Republican))?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2018, 08:14:41 AM »

Thanks! May be - he ran because he regularily had rather difficult primaries running for his state Senate seat (at least - it was so in 2006 (as Democrat) and 2014 (as Republican))?

Yeah that could be why. I just don't really understand the move.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2018, 08:37:06 AM »

One more question: Pate comes from Lowdness county, which is 70+% Black and heavily Democratic. Typical for Black Belt situation with generally liberal and almost completely Democratic Blacks, and heavily conservative and almost exclusively Republican whites? In the past this area was Democratic, very conservative and segregationist. Whites are still very conservative, Republican, and, probably, still segregationst in their thoughts here...
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2018, 08:41:45 AM »

One more question: Pate comes from Lowdness county, which is 70+% Black and heavily Democratic. Typical for Black Belt situation with generally liberal and almost completely Democratic Blacks, and heavily conservative and almost exclusively Republican whites? In the past this area was Democratic, very conservative and segregationist. Whites are still very conservative, Republican, and, probably, still segregationst in their thoughts here...

I thought Republicans in majority-minority counties were more moderate even if voting is still polarized.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2018, 08:49:01 AM »

I hope Courtland Sykes wins the MO-Sen Republican primary.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »

I thought Republicans in majority-minority counties were more moderate even if voting is still polarized.

May be new generations. But initially these Republicans were recently converted ultrasegregationist and ultraconservative Democrats. That's why i ask - whether it's still so... I am reasonably sure about general conservatism of these people, not so sure - about "internal segregationism". But the neighboring Dallas county elected former leader of White Citizens Councils of Alabama (Walter Givhan) to state Senate long after Blacks began to vote - so strong was this tradition.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2018, 03:34:19 PM »

I hope Courtland Sykes wins the MO-Sen Republican primary.

I hope I hit the lottery.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2018, 06:24:37 PM »

KS-2- Paul Davis(Not my favorite type of dem, but he was robbed in 2014 b/c of Orman)
KS-3- Brent Welder
KS-4- James Thompson
MI Gov- Gretchen Whitmer(Sayed is pretty unelectable, and Whitmer has supported free college in hte past so there's still hope)
MI-1- Matt Morgan
MI-2- Rob Davidson(almost guaranteed to lose but I like him)
MI-6- David Benac
MI-11- Faryouz Saad
MO-1- Cori Bush(Lacy Clay is good, but Bush is more energetic and more willing to take on the establishment. No hard feelings)
WA-3- Dorothy Gasque

WA-5- Lisa Brown
WA-9- Sarah Smith
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »

What a time we are living in.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2018, 12:54:53 PM »

Results page for tonight: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/07/24/us/elections/results-georgia-primary-runoff-elections.html

Polls close at 7 ET.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2018, 01:52:32 PM »

Rooting for Carolyn Boudreaux and Lucy McBath.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2018, 02:19:52 PM »

All four of the Dem runoff candidates seem pretty good. What's your take in terms of who's stronger for the GE?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »

All four of the Dem runoff candidates seem pretty good. What's your take in terms of who's stronger for the GE?
Carolyn Bourdeaux is a robust fundraiser and has extensive experience in public policy. David Kim is a self funding political novice, which is fine, I just don’t think he conveys well why he’s running. His first time ever voting was for himself in the primary. LOL.

I like Kevin Abel, but Lucy McBath brings millions of dollars of tv, radio, and field from Everytown, Moms Demand Action, and every other gun safety advocacy group in the country. So I’m going with her so I can see how Dems do in this district with loads of money but minus the National attention. I was worried McBath would be a one issue candidate but I’ve seen her begin to pivot to healthcare in the closing weeks of the campaign.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2018, 06:01:33 PM »

Polls have closed.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2018, 06:54:17 PM »

WULFRIC PROJECTION:

Governor
Republican Primary Runoff

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   
Brian Kemp
45,283   62.5%   

Casey Cagle
27,147   37.5   
72,430 votes, 3% reporting (92 of 2,634 precincts)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies