CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:37:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6  (Read 119147 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 17, 2018, 10:02:28 AM »

Just got home from voting. Turnout looks very low. I was number 13 at my precinct. Was number 38 in the primary and voted at the same time.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:38:40 PM »

Just got home from voting. Turnout looks very low. I was number 13 at my precinct. Was number 38 in the primary and voted at the same time.
Wasn't turnout for the runoff like 4% or something ridiculously low in 2014?
I don't remember exactly what it was but I'm pretty sure it was below 10%. Which is pretty ridiculous.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »

Wasn't turnout for the runoff like 4% or something ridiculously low in 2014?
I don't remember exactly what it was but I'm pretty sure it was below 10%. Which is pretty ridiculous.

Who did you vote for?

Ainsworth for LG, King for AG, Pate for Ag Commissioner..
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 09:29:30 PM »

Good to see Roby win, I hope she runs against Jones in 2020 (probably the best general election candidate in the GOP bench)

She won't win a Republican Primary statewide, not after her Trump criticism.

Kay Ivey would be the strongest candidate, but there's no way she's running (she'd be about Patty Judge's age during her Senate campaign in 2016), followed closely by Mo Brooks, Robert Aderholt, Bradley Byrne and/or Todd Strange (The Mayor of Montgomery).

Are you just name dropping all the Alabama politicians you know?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 10:24:31 PM »

I voted for King but I'm not sad to see Marshall win. I'm happy to see Gerald Dial (been in the legislature since 1974) go down. I'm also very happy to see that Twinkle lost. I absolutely despise that woman.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 10:33:15 PM »

I voted for King but I'm not sad to see Marshall win. I'm happy to see Gerald Dial (been in the legislature since 1974) go down. I'm also very happy to see that Twinkle lost. I absolutely despise that woman.
I didn't like Twinkle's dishonest attacks against Ainsworth, but otherwise, what've you got against her?
I'm also overjoyed to see Dial lose. He's a real POS.

Her attack ads against Ainsworth were terrible and untrue. She tried to label herself as an outsider and she's run statewide like 4 or 5 times. She just comes off as very opportunistic to me.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 10:40:10 PM »

I didn't like Twinkle's dishonest attacks against Ainsworth, but otherwise, what've you got against her?
I'm also overjoyed to see Dial lose. He's a real POS.

Dial lost 61-39% in Clay County LOL.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 11:44:22 PM »

That’s literally her first name lol
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 07:49:15 AM »

What's so bad about Dial? I know he was a very conservative Democrat in the past (until he lost Democratic primary in 2006), but that can be said about lot of people in the state. I understand, that now Republicans have it's own big bench and doesn't need a conservative Democrats in their ranks, as in the past, when Republican party was much smaller and heavily recruited them. But, besides that, what else?

P.S. Would Bright run better in GE as a "conservative Indie" then in Republican primary?

Dial is quite corrupt. Also, I don't understand why he even ran for Ag. commissioner. He's 80 years old and has been in office for 44 years, so I don't understand why he would run for commissioner of all things.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 07:50:56 AM »

What’s wrong with Twinkle?

I just really don't like her. She champions herself on being an outsider even though she has ran statewide 4 or 5 times. Her ads in the race were either false ads about Ainsworth or about how she "laced up her shoes to campaign for President Trump." Honestly, she kinda comes off as dumb to me.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 08:14:41 AM »

What's so bad about Dial? I know he was a very conservative Democrat in the past (until he lost Democratic primary in 2006), but that can be said about lot of people in the state. I understand, that now Republicans have it's own big bench and doesn't need a conservative Democrats in their ranks, as in the past, when Republican party was much smaller and heavily recruited them. But, besides that, what else?

P.S. Would Bright run better in GE as a "conservative Indie" then in Republican primary?

Dial is quite corrupt. Also, I don't understand why he even ran for Ag. commissioner. He's 80 years old and has been in office for 44 years, so I don't understand why he would run for commissioner of all things.

Thanks! May be - he ran because he regularily had rather difficult primaries running for his state Senate seat (at least - it was so in 2006 (as Democrat) and 2014 (as Republican))?

Yeah that could be why. I just don't really understand the move.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »

Looks like I was completely wrong when I said John Wolfe was likely to perform well in Haywood County.

Why on Earth did you think that would happen?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 10:51:21 PM »

WOAH. CMR only beating the Democrat by 0.4 in WA-05...

FOR GOD'S SAKE

STOP WITH THE PRIMARY TURNOUT OBSESSION

ESPECIALLY IN SEATS WITH INCUMBENTS
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 12:33:42 AM »

Come on Case and Ige!
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 08:48:30 PM »

So happy to see Creepy Richard Painter get crushed
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 08:54:27 PM »

Anybody know anything about that Stefanowski guy in CT?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 08:59:20 PM »

Anybody know anything about that Stefanowski guy in CT?

Heard he's running for Governor.

Same
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 09:36:14 PM »

Gotten several texts from Levine's camp reminding me to vote, as well as an event invite from Gillum's team. No contact from the others.

I get like 3 emails a day from Levine...never gotten a single text, email, call, etc... from Graham. I'm guessing they just expect to win

the polling has really tightened up between Graham and Levine the last few weeks, it's a total toss up
at this point, the race in FL looks like a complete tossup, any of the top three candidates can win. It all depends on how this week stands.
Graham needs to maintain her lead.
Levine needs to pull off enough Greene voters.
Gillum needs to use his newfound money and endorsement to pound the airwaves and peel of Graham, Levine, and Greene voters.
The race is in a week from now, and its anyone's game.

Gillum is not going to win.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 03:37:24 PM »

Does AZ have runoffs?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 08:53:53 PM »

Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God