CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:26:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6  (Read 116196 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 24, 2018, 01:52:32 PM »

Rooting for Carolyn Boudreaux and Lucy McBath.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »

Rooting for Carolyn Boudreaux and Lucy McBath.

All four of the Dem runoff candidates seem pretty good. What's your take in terms of who's stronger for the GE?
Carolyn Bourdeaux is a robust fundraiser and has extensive experience in public policy. David Kim is a self funding political novice, which is fine, I just don’t think he conveys well why he’s running. His first time ever voting was for himself in the primary. LOL.

I like Kevin Abel, but Lucy McBath brings millions of dollars of tv, radio, and field from Everytown, Moms Demand Action, and every other gun safety advocacy group in the country. So I’m going with her so I can see how Dems do in this district with loads of money but minus the National attention. I was worried McBath would be a one issue candidate but I’ve seen her begin to pivot to healthcare in the closing weeks of the campaign.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 06:56:48 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 08:47:03 PM »

Both are basically 50/50

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 09:51:47 PM »

Handel and Woodall are safe, but they are both going to get a scare. Especially Woodall.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 10:07:41 PM »

Handel and Woodall are safe, but they are both going to get a scare. Especially Woodall.

Why do you think Woodall is more vulnerable than Handel?

One argument I could see is that Handel already experienced the most expensive house race in the country and won by 5%, while Woodall has never been seriously challenged.
This. And Bourdeaux will be running a more dynamic campaign. McBath is going to have to work hard to frame herself as more than a gun safety advocate.

Woodall is more vulnerable than Handel. His district has historically been more Republican, but Gwinnett is trending Democratic rapidly due to increasing minority votes, and Woodall himself hasn't ever faced serious opposition during his entire time in elected office. Bourdeaux seems like a capable enough candidate who has outraised him consistently and who seems to have a fair amount of enthusiasm behind her.

Lucy McBath, on the other hand, is a person I admire and respect, but an atrocious candidate. Even die-hard Democrats I've spoken to in the district say she comes across as unpolished and inexperienced. Karen Handel already beat the most well-financed candidate in the history of congressional elections because he came across as inexperienced and too connected to national interests; why would she be unable to fend off an even less qualified candidate with the exact same flaws?
And this.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 10:31:26 AM »

May be. But most of us thought that Trump had no chances in 2016, partially because of "revulsion he evinces among a majority of American women", who are majority of American voters, and especially - because Democrats ran woman as a candidate. We all know, how it turned THEN. We will see how it turns this year.
We are talking about today. 2018. What happened in 2016 happened in 2016. Just sit back and let these women run their races. If David Kim and Kevin Abel were so much better they would have won.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 06:09:41 PM »

I hope Abdul El-Sayed wins the primary. I like his platform, though I wouldn't be upset if Whitmer won. Everyone claiming he will lose in the fall sounds ignorant. People of color are tired of being told to wait. If Democrats and D-leaning Independents voters don't embrace him because of his religion that's their fault and they will suffer for it.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 08:12:07 PM »

This is just the year of the Democratic woman. It was always a long shot for Abdul. Hopefully he finds another office to run for.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 08:38:07 PM »

Dems identity politics knows no bound..
Oh please. How many times have voters of color and women voters been told to get in line for a bland white male that whispers about their issues because he's more "electable". That wasn't identity politics? And some people may have just wanted a fresh face. There's absolutely nothing wrong with people wanting a new perspective or the perspective of a woman. This whole time when yall thought Capuano was going to win they were literally the same on every issue but now that she's won, people are "concerned" about identity politics. LOL.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies