CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:18:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6  (Read 119145 times)
Yellowhammer
United States

« on: July 17, 2018, 04:27:28 PM »

Just got home from voting. Turnout looks very low. I was number 13 at my precinct. Was number 38 in the primary and voted at the same time.
Wasn't turnout for the runoff like 4% or something ridiculously low in 2014?
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 07:54:22 PM »

Roby is crushing it, fortunately.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 10:24:03 PM »

Good to see Roby win, I hope she runs against Jones in 2020 (probably the best general election candidate in the GOP bench)

She won't win a Republican Primary statewide, not after her Trump criticism.

Kay Ivey would be the strongest candidate, but there's no way she's running (she'd be about Patty Judge's age during her Senate campaign in 2016), followed closely by Mo Brooks, Robert Aderholt, Bradley Byrne and/or Todd Strange (The Mayor of Montgomery).

Are you just name dropping all the Alabama politicians you know?

No. I left out Del Marsh, for instance....and I'm convinced Roy Moore is going to try again, but he's not going to get anywhere.
Bradley Byrne will almost certainly run, and he will probably be the only member of the house delegation to do so (save for Brooks, possibly.) I don't think any of the others have much of an itch to run for higher office right now.
I think John Merrill has his sights set on succeeding Ivey, so he probably isn't running. He's always wanted to be governor.

It would not surprise me in the least if Marsh runs.

It also won't surprise me at all if Moore runs again, but he won't stand a chance of winning the primary.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 10:28:02 PM »

I voted for King but I'm not sad to see Marshall win. I'm happy to see Gerald Dial (been in the legislature since 1974) go down. I'm also very happy to see that Twinkle lost. I absolutely despise that woman.
I didn't like Twinkle's dishonest attacks against Ainsworth, but otherwise, what've you got against her?
I'm also overjoyed to see Dial lose. He's a real POS.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 10:51:56 PM »

I voted for King but I'm not sad to see Marshall win. I'm happy to see Gerald Dial (been in the legislature since 1974) go down. I'm also very happy to see that Twinkle lost. I absolutely despise that woman.
I didn't like Twinkle's dishonest attacks against Ainsworth, but otherwise, what've you got against her?
I'm also overjoyed to see Dial lose. He's a real POS.

Dial lost 61-39% in Clay County LOL.
Golden. Everyone I know from Clay county hates him. What about Cleburne?
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 10:46:58 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2018, 10:53:35 PM by Paulite Hick »

Which is the stronger dem GE candidate, Schrier or Rittereiser?
Primary turnout is not looking good for Rossi.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 10:24:00 PM »

Does Walz carry his congressional district in the governor's race, what is yall's guess? Mine is yes.

Yes, though I'm still skeptical Dems will hold the district on the house level.

The district is actually trending more Democratic though as it becomes more and more urban.
It went from voting 3 points to the right of Minnesota in 2012 to voting 8 points to the right of Minnesota in 2016. It is not trending Democratic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies