The Press (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:18:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Press (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Press  (Read 11831 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: June 27, 2018, 07:20:30 PM »

A Call to Liberty and Equality
A Pamphlet of the Tories

In recent times, pamphlets have been circulated by Mr. Adams and Mr. Madison advocating for their positions in these upcoming election to the new National Assembly. While it is fine, encouraged, and even expected for a man to stand and promote his cause, it is a wholly different matter to spread lies, mistruths, and misinformation against one's opponents. In these early days of our new Republic, it is sad that men of once noble repute, like Mr. Adams and Mr. Madison, have fallen to such low levels of lies and deceit.

Mr. Adams claims that men of the Tories wish to return the nefarious King George III of Great Britain to power over our fair lands. This could not be further from the truth of the matter. George III violated, as the great Thomas Hobbes wrote, the contract with his people through disingenuous and unfair dealings with his American subjects. Our glorious Revolution was one fought on noble causes and by noble men against nefarious causes and nefarious men. No Englishman will ever reign over these lands again.

But is it such a terrible idea to extend an olive branch to George III? Is it wise to continue to make an enemy of the man who reigns in the lands to our North and could, if desired, raise a large army on days notice and wreak havoc amongst us once again? Remember, dear Patriots, how gruesome the days of the war were. Remember, dear Countrymen, how many of our own sons, brothers, and fathers perished in that war. Remember, dear Americans, how long and hard the fighting was. I, for one, have no desire to return to those dreadful days. This is why I call for a restoration of relations with the British, to save further American lives, rather than cause the slaughter of many more.

Our Republic is in its most trying times. We are young and fresh, just born onto this grand stage called humanity. Like a child just born of the womb, we need protection. We need a kind Mother, to care for our needs and to feed us. We need a strong Father, to protect us and teach us the ways. No nation could find its way into the world alone. For our Mother, we can turn to the British, the French, and the other established European powers, if they are made to be our allies. They have large trade networks that sprawl across the globe, crisscrossing continents, oceans, and peoples. Without such connections, our chances are grave for success in this grand experiment on which we endeavor.

For our Father, we are in a far more difficult position. The Father of our Republic, the great General Washington, had been taken from us at our most critical moment by God our Father. Had General Washington lived to see this day, I assure you I would be one of his men, standing beside him and working to ensure HE would be the man leading our Republic. But he is not with us. We are now tasked with finding a new Father to guide and nurture our new nation. This is why in my programme for government I express support for the monarchical form of government, because a monarch, acting within the social contract and by the will of the people governed, is a strong Father for the nation, uniting his people regardless of wealth or class or profession. No man would have stood and opposed bestowing a crown on General Washington.

The Convention chose not to have a monarch, an idea that I disagree with but consent to live under as a proud citizen, but did grant us the office of the Presidency. I envision the Presidency serving as a monarch in that respect, removed from the governing of the realm but very much a strong, vocal, and present figure in the lives and hearts of the citizens.

In my programme for governing, I called for an empowered Senate and a strong National Assembly, a truly National Government. Without such a Government, I believe, our days as a nation would be numbered. I believe it to be impractical and impossible for a nation to be ruled by small local governments while providing any claim of serious value to being advanced, developed, and strong. Look to the tribes of Africa, where each man is loyal to his chief and his chief alone, constantly fighting and quarrelling with the opposing tribe over water, grain, and land. Are they great nations? Are they the pride of the world? Do men envy to live amongst them? No!

The governments advocated for by Mr. Adams and Mr. Madison would divide our great Republic along such lines. Men of Massachusetts would go to war with the men of New Hampshire for access to the Atlantic Ocean, while Georgia and South Carolina are locked in a bloody struggle for farmland. That is not the nation General Washington fought for. General Washington fought for a strong nation, a united nation, where all men could live together as one. Where men can build off each other and work with each other to unlock our true greatness as a nation and as a people.

General Washington would have been a Tory, had he lived to see this day. Do General Washington proud and cast your ballot paper for your Tory candidate.

In liberty and with deference to the Almighty Lord, God,
x
John Jay
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 09:56:02 PM »

On Mr. Jay's Character
A Pamphlet of the Tories

In recent times, some men have called into question the character of Mr. John Jay of New York City. These men of illrepute assert that Mr. Jay is a scoundrel and affiliated with nefarious men. These are lies of the worst kind - the kind that impinge on the honor of another man.

Mr. Jay's roots in the former colonies are of the highest quality. His father was one of New York's finest fur and timber traders, building a fine income for his family. His grandfather emigrated from France and also established a successful mercantile company. Mr. Jay's mother also came from noble stock. Her father, born in New Amsterdam, served the people of his community nobly both in the New York Assembly and twice as Mayor of New York City. Mr. Jay comes from a long line of strong, competent public servants. It is in the honor of his ancestors that Mr. Jay is standing as a candidate for the National Assembly.

Mr. Jay has received the highest education. His earliest schooling was the hand of the famed Anglican priest, the Rev. Pierre Stoupe. At only 14 years of age, Mr. Jay enter King's College before embarking on a successful and impressive legal career under the tutelage of Benjamin Kissam, the most desired legal instructor of the age. Seeking to serve his community, Mr. Jay served in New York's Committee of Correspondence in the days before our great War of Independence. In recognition of his great character and standing, Mr. Jay was chosen as Secretary of the Committee, an honor given to him by several of the same men now calling his character into question. Mr. Jay continued his noble service in the name of Independence as a delegate at the First Constitutional Convention where he worked tirelessly to protect American interests while seeking the least destructive path forward.

It was Mr. Jay who represented the American people in the face of the British, first as Minister to Spain and, later, as a Peace Commissioner at the Paris Peace Conference of 1782 that finally ended the years of bloody struggle. Let your minds not forget! For, as Mr. John Adams wrote, Mr. Jay was "of more importance than any of the rest of us." It was also Mr. Jay who penned many an article and spoke many times on the importance of ratification in the great debate. It is very likely that without the tireless efforts of Mr. Jay that this grand experiment would have fallen flat from he start. For this, credit is surely deserved.

Mr. Jay is a proud communicant of the Protestant Episcopal Church in America and a man of God. He recognizes that all rights of man come from God and that all men are children of God. It is for this reason that Mr. Jay calls for the end of the important of Africans and the eventual abolition of all slavery. Mr. Jay, his compatriot, Mr. Gouverneur Morris, and the Tory Candidates are the only men who advocate for such a just and Biblical approach to the scourge of slavery.

Mr. Jay is a noble man from noble stock advocating noble causes in his campaign to represent the New York City and Westchester District in the National Assembly. Mr. Samuel Adams, a man known by many as the the Despot of Boston, and Mr. Benjamin Franklin, whose exploits have earned him the moniker the Philanderer of Philadelphia, may attempt to impinge Mr. Jay, but it is their own conduct that must be checked and scrutinized as the American people begin to cast their first votes as independent citizens of their won Republic.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 09:28:24 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2018, 11:51:26 PM by DKrol »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:21:42 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2018, 09:53:11 PM by DKrol »

Thoughts on the Proceedings and Outcomes of the National Election
A Pamphlet of the Tories

In April last, the people of these States united came together in a manner never before seen in the modern world. Men of all standings, occupations, and histories cast their ballot papers in the largest singular expression of the collective will of the people perhaps ever in recorded history. This is an event which I believe will be recorded by the greatest historians and thinkers as a defining moment in the course of humanity. Truly the era of the imperial monarch has heard its death knell. The crowned heads of Europe who seek to rule their people against their will and without, as Locke wrote, the consent of the governed - heed the call! No more will be people be oppressed by imperial and oppressive monarchs ruling from on high.

This has always been the message of the men standing as Tories across the nation on the matter of monarchs. Many will not have known that, given the barrage of false attacks and accusations which we were forced to endure during the campaigning for the National election. Had the American people been able to hear our true message and to hear a true expression of our programme for government, then I believe I would be looking to form a Government in President Hancock's name, rather than Mr. Madison. The Tory's message of a strong, safe, united, and prosperous nation appeal to men of all backgrounds and from all corners of the nation.

But the results of these elections were not as we expected or would have wished they were. Myself and Gouverneur Morris are very grateful to have won our districts. Our numbers in Philadelphia are few, but our resolve is strong. We will continue to work to advance the causes for which we campaigned: Creating a strong system of checks and balances within the national government, forming a united national defense force, forging closer ties with the great powers of the world, and ending the great scourge of slavery across the land. These are the bastions on which we Tory men stood in the elections and they are the same bastions on which we Tory men will stand as Delegates in the national assembly.

It is my preference that Mr. Hamilton become First Secretary, rather than Mr. Madison, based on our fundamentally disagreement with Mr. Madison on the size, shape, and purpose of our government. Mr. Hamilton has also expressed a support for ending the practice of slavery, something which myself and the Tories first mentioned in campaign and a Tory policy I am glad he adopted. Should Mr. Hamilton extend an offer to join his party in Government, I would be hard pressed to find a reason to reject the request. For Mr. Madison, the opposite would be true. I do not believe that any Tory Delegate would stand in support of Mr. Madison's effort to form a Government.

In Government or in Opposition, stand firm in the knowledge that the Tories will be an active participant and a vocal advocate for you. Sleep in comfort knowing that the Tories will ensure that the Government - whichever Government is formed - respects the wishes, desires, and best interests of the American people. This is the promise I make to you, the American people, on my honor as a good man of God.

In liberty and with deference to the Almighty Lord, God,
x
John Jay

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies