The Press (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:02:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Press (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Press  (Read 11965 times)
terp40hitch
United States

« on: June 27, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »
« edited: June 27, 2018, 09:12:35 PM by terp40hitch »

Num.II
January 1789

The Patriot Star

The Choice for Freedom, Liberty, and Prosperity.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 05:01:33 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2018, 05:12:46 PM by terp40hitch »

James Gunn
for
Augusta

Fighting for Freedom, Liberty and Propserty

Support the Patriot Faction

• The Patriot Party is the only party representing southern values. The other factions especially the Democrat-Republicans may claim that they represent the South but their loyalty lies in Boston and Philadelphia, not in Augusta or Savannah.
  • Only the Patriot faction has taken a firm supportive stance on slavery. The other would rather dance around the topic, that is not what the south needs is leadership in our new nation. We won't dance around such an important issue. Slavery is important for the farms and plantations in the south that rely on, not only slavery but the slave trade too.
  • The Patriot faction is the only faction that will take a firm stance against monarchs. Again, the Democrat-Republicans and young James Madison rather make a ballad out of this issue too. We may never know where they stand as long as they keep this dance around issues up.
  • The Tories and Hamiltiontians want to create new federal taxes and create a large oppressive government like the one we fought against just years ago. The Patriot faction believes in states rights and is strongly against creating a federal tax and creating an impossible to control central government.
  • The Patriots are firm against continuing to grow our national debt and unlike the Democrat-Republicans, we've already laid out a plan to solve it, through the selling of land to settlers we will eliminate our national debt and expand our nation.
  • The Patriots have a radical idea for foreign policy, different from Democrat-Republicans, put the interests of America before other foreign powers, and be neutral in foreign conflicts. There is no reason Americans should be dragged into the wars of the European monarchs.
  • The Patriot faction will never infringe upon the constitution or natural rights

There is only one clear choice for the South

This pamphlet will be passed out at the final Gunn speech as written in the schedule and it will be passed out during election day
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 10:03:04 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. III
Mar. 1789

The Choice for Freedom, Liberty, and Prosperity.

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 09:53:01 PM »

James Gunn's Final Election Speech in Augusta

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 10:02:24 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. V
May 1789

The New Government

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 11:18:23 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2018, 11:24:56 PM by terp40hitch »

James Gunn's Speech in Response to the Arrest of the Deputy from Kentucky

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 07:37:59 PM »

James Gunn Speech in Louisville-Frontier, KY

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 10:56:07 PM »

James Gunn Responds To Gen. Wilkinson
Louisville-Frontier, KY

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 08:44:17 AM »

Deputy
James Gunn
for
Governor

Fighting for Freedom, Liberty and Propserty

Georgia for Gunn for Governor

• The Patriot Party is the only faction representing southern values. The other factions especially the Democrat-Republicans may claim that they represent the South but their loyalty lies in Boston and Philadelphia, not in Wilkes, Augusta or Savannah.
  • James Gunn understands how important slavery is vital to the Georgian economy. That is why James Gunn was at the forefront of preserving slavery in the national assembly and that is what he will do in the governor's mansion.
  • The Tories and Hamiltiontians won't preserve slavery in Georgia. Both factions have openly talked about regulating slavery and the Tories have openly said they want to have a slavery-free nation. Those factions won't represent Georgia, they will hurt our economy and soar our taxes.
  • James Gunn will never force the Georgian people to pay for other states debt.
  • James Gunn was a general in the American revolution and understands that a state needs a strong militia and Gunn will make sure that Georgia is safe from those Indians and British.
  • The Patriot faction will never infringe upon the constitution or natural rights, unlike the Radical faction who have already have tried to take away people's right to speech. That is why the Patriot faction went to the high court to preserve a person right to speech. That is what James Gunn will do as governor.

There is only one clear choice for the Georgia

This phamphlet will be passed out to Georgia state legisultures before they choose the next governor
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 07:43:57 PM »

Governor Gunn's Response to FS Madison

Mr. Madison, you question my experience. I have as much experience as you in the assembly and for the last year, I have been the interim head of the Patriot faction in the national assembly. Before my assembly years, I was a general and a member of the potential congress and now I am the Governor of the great state of Georgia.

After trying to downplay my experience, first Sectary Madison went on and asked rhetorical questions but I still have an answer to them. First, he asked, "shall render a judgment on the resolution that we took weeks to build?" I will render judgment because this was a poor deal that affects the whole country. Even before this deal was made our country was struggling with our debt and it was dragging down our country but now, you may have just put us on the verge of a debt crisis that will affect all of America including the state that I govern. If I was president Hamilton, I would dismiss you as the first sectary because of this reckless deal and the handling of the position in Pennsylvania.

Second, he asked, "I shall ask the Governor, were you there when we struck the deal?" Mr. Madison, I am the Governor of Georgia so I was helping to fight for the people I serve. Maybe you should take a lesson from that and fight for all of America not just Pennsylvania.

Third, he asked, "Would you rather we assume all state debts" Sectary, I believe we should assume no states debts. I believe that it is the responsibility of the state to figure out their own way to solve their debt problem. That was one of my campaign promises but now the story has changed. I believe the federal government should treat each state the same and leave them alone but now that you have decided to benefit one state, you have now started a whole new fire within each state who wants to be treated equally with your Pennsylvania.

First Sectary Madison, this was a disastrous deal and this deal will forever be a smear on your legacy.

Signed
Governor of Georgia
James Gunn

This letter will be sent to every deputy and every national newspaper
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 09:58:18 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2018, 11:12:29 PM by terp40hitch »

Dear Mr. Madison,

All The Best,
Governor of Georgia
James Gunn
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 10:22:57 PM »

The Centrist Journal
Vol. I
March 1782
A United America, A Strong America

Over the past few years as I served in the national assembly then now as Governor of the Great State of Georgia, I have seen the toll that divisive partisanship has taken on this great nation. Before General Washington passed on, he warned our nation of this and the toll it would take on this new nation. This is why I have decided to leave my former faction, even though I keep much of the same viewpoints, I have created the Centre party which the main goal is to keep America united with centrist ideas, unlike the radical ideas that have started to tear this country apart.

The main viewpoints of this newly established party are as follows:

1. Uniting America is our main goal with the creation of the new party as I have written above. Already within days of the parties start, we were able to see very clearly the partisanship that is tearing this country apart when the Patriots decided to smear us and spread lies instead of listening to our ideas. Deputy Jackson claims that I am siding with the radical Hamiltonians and Tories which is very untrue, the only people that Centre party stands with is the American people and the only party we stand against is a party that will create the partisanship that Washington warned us about in his dying days.

2. Equal representation between the north and the south so no state's delegation has more say than another. This was one of the main reason, while I was in the national assembly, pushed through the bill to move the capital from Philadelphia to the District of Columbia.

3. Cutting Spending and lower our debt. One of the reasons I and many other centrist who have been critical of the Madison government is because of the large increase in spending and Madison's terrible deal with Pennsylvania which largely increased our debt.

4. Protect Slavery. During my time in the national assembly, I continued to fight for the protection of slavery since it is a vital component of the southern economy. The Centre party will never let Radicals like Richard Bache and John Jay take away the rights to own slaves.

The Centre party will be running candidates across this country that promise to follow these ideals or endorse candidates with similar ideals.

Signed,
Governor James Gunn
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 10:17:04 AM »

The Centrist Journal
Vol. II
March 1782
A United America, A Strong America

This article will be regarding my recent impeaching as the Governor of Georgia. My view of this country is a democracy where our parties and factions work together to move our nation forward. Sadly that is not the view of Deputy Jackson and the Patriots in the Georgian Assembly who choose to put petty partisanship in front of bipartisanship. During my time in office, I enjoyed high approval from my legislators until I decided to remove my self from the toxic party created by Deputy Jackson. This is why two deputies in the national assembly decided to leave the Patriot party and one from the Whig party, which has become much more radical, to join the centre party that is committed to uniting this nation.

In my final days in office, I tried to pass the anti-literacy laws which would have banned slave owners from teaching slaves to read which would have made sure that we don't end up with slave revolts in Georgia. Let it be known that the Patriots are the party that ended this legislation by removing me from office.

The Patriot party is not the party of the south, it is the party of partisanship. Hopefully, with how much it is divided now it may not last much longer. At least we all hope.

Signed,
General James Gunn
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 07:02:49 PM »

Now is the time to Unite American

Vote Centre

No more Partianship in the halls of the national assembly

The Centre Party Leadership

Leader of the Centre Party
Gen. James Gunn of Georgia

New York Gubernatorial Candidate