The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:22:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content
« previous next »
Thread note
Please do not re-post any posts that you think are likely to be moderated in this thread.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Author Topic: The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content  (Read 43832 times)
AudmanOut
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2018, 04:15:57 AM »

This entire thread I found is pretty bad- https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=10568.0.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #201 on: December 24, 2018, 07:05:20 AM »

If this seat flips I will change my sig to Ocasio for a week. You people are too overconfident and hopefully our party leadership is not like that too (thank gravy I don't think they are) otherwise we would be screwed. This seat is not flipping with a decent incumbent who has done very well in the district, against a meh candidate. Not even Northam won it in an open race where he destroyed Gillespie statewide.
Brat is not a decent incumbent nor is Abigail “meh”.  Also Kaine is going to beat Corey by way more than Northam beated Ed

Well duh, everyone knows that, Kaine will win by something like 56-41.

Have you seen how well Brat has done in VA 7th?
So if Kaine is going to outperform Northam by a lot and Ralph lost this district by 4 then logically.......

Yes, Kaine will win the district.
An that doesn’t help Abigail at all?

43 year old white Chesterfield County businessmen will vote for both Kaine and Brat because they are both good government moderates.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #202 on: December 27, 2018, 12:44:08 PM »

If those numbers are correct the GOP will need to start making real efforts with minorities within the next 5 years.  Those numbers aren't sustainable long term.

Even if we just assumed that all constituencies remained static and old whites are being replaced by less conservative whites... that would be enough to cause the GOP problems... then you factor in the notion that the minority population is growing and it becomes implausible to continue this.

As others have stated, young whites are almost exclusively neo-Nazi/alt-right. The country will be voting like Mississippi and Alabama in 50 years.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2018, 12:48:33 PM »

If those numbers are correct the GOP will need to start making real efforts with minorities within the next 5 years.  Those numbers aren't sustainable long term.

Even if we just assumed that all constituencies remained static and old whites are being replaced by less conservative whites... that would be enough to cause the GOP problems... then you factor in the notion that the minority population is growing and it becomes implausible to continue this.

As others have stated, young whites are almost exclusively neo-Nazi/alt-right. The country will be voting like Mississippi and Alabama in 50 years.

As I've said several times, the "almost exclusively" was hyperbole. Anyway, as for whites in general, Wolverine22 said something similar yesterday:
No and this is why I say that Trumpism will continue long after Trump. As whites lose the numerical majority, even Bernie supporters will become increasingly reactionary conservative/racist and embrace cynical, white nationalist politics when that brand of Trumpism fits their fears. This is why unless we see a California-like surge in non-white voters over a decade, I don’t see demographic change turning America into California. Whites will just vote more and more Republican and the GOP will be able to win elections by winning 97% of the white vote while tanking even further with minorities.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #204 on: December 27, 2018, 02:35:23 PM »

As I've said several times, the "almost exclusively" was hyperbole. Anyway, as for whites in general, Wolverine22 said something similar yesterday:
No and this is why I say that Trumpism will continue long after Trump. As whites lose the numerical majority, even Bernie supporters will become increasingly reactionary conservative/racist and embrace cynical, white nationalist politics when that brand of Trumpism fits their fears. This is why unless we see a California-like surge in non-white voters over a decade, I don’t see demographic change turning America into California. Whites will just vote more and more Republican and the GOP will be able to win elections by winning 97% of the white vote while tanking even further with minorities.

I just quoted that in the appropriate thread.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2018, 05:41:52 PM »

At this point, UncleSam should delete his account. How can you be so consistently wrong every time you make a prediction?

I’m surprised by Calley’s performance here, stronger than I expected. It’s gettin very close to the primary to be down 15 though.

I’m doubly surprised at how terrible a campaign Whitmer has run. She’s a totally uninspiring figure and public speaker from what I hear (this is completely anecdotal and may or may not reflect reality though - I’ve never personally heard her speak or campaign). I honestly am starting to doubt that she would even be the strongest candidate - idk if having two white liberal women who appeal to exactly the same constituencies in Ann Arvor and Oakland is a great idea. With Schuette likely to do well out state and John James proving surprisingly enigmatic, there has to be concerns about turning out Detroit in both the Governor and even the Senate race at this point.

It would be better if Dems had a strong minority candidate for governor to balance Stabenaw’s suburban Detroit appeal. Idk if Thanedar is really the best candidate to do that though - why do people here not like him? Is he too far left, or does he have serious controversies I’m not aware of?

Honestly think Michigan Governor is tilt R right now, with this uncertainty in the Dem primary. Could easily end up strong the other way of course, but the lack of enthusiasm for any of the candidates is pretty startling (and that even includes Stabenaw in the senate race tbh, though I expect her to outperform the gubernatorial candidate by at least 5 due to a stronger performance in the UP and Grand Rapids - I just don’t think she’s in a position to drag a weak governor candidate across the finish line).
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2019, 03:58:09 AM »

Kansas Democrats may be making a comeback in 2018....James Thompson for KS-4, Paul Davis for KS-2, Carl Brewer for KS Governor....the Post-Sebelius/Parkinson era for the Democrats is going well.

In bronz's defense, KS Democrats did make a comeback, just not due to any of the people he mentioned Tongue
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2019, 09:33:21 AM »

I’ll present some bold predictions:
1) The Mueller probe will conclude with no more indictments and no evidence of collusion before the Midterm elections.
2) The Dow Jones Industrial Average will reach 30,000 by the Midterm elections.
3) Trumps approval rating will reach 50% by the Midterm elections.
4) The Republicans will hold the house and gain several senate seats in the Midterm elections.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2019, 12:08:26 PM »

Now that Warren has started an exploratory committee, I'd like to point out that 82% of people voting in this poll were wrong:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=286402.0

Also:

What probability would you assign to each of these 4 scenarios?

1) Sanders runs for the 2020 Dem. presidential nomination, while Warren doesn’t

2) Warren runs, while Sanders doesn’t

3) Both Sanders and Warren run

4) Neither Sanders nor Warren run

1) 85%
2) 0%
3) 0%
4) 15% (if Sanders is either dead or too frail)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #209 on: January 01, 2019, 03:22:10 PM »

Not every woman is going to end up like Clinton. Whitmer will probably win.

Every woman is potentially subject to misogyny - which some folks here will never accept, but I was proven right about Hillary when very few people agreed with me, and it looks like I'll be proven right about Whitmer.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2019, 12:06:05 AM »

Ben Kenobi is literally one of the worst predictors of Elections on this forum, and that's saying a ton.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2019, 09:41:36 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_gubernatorial_election,_1978

Jerry Brown carried Orange County. Democrats never win Orange County; even LBJ lost to Goldwater there.

Sad!
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2019, 05:52:44 PM »

Sinema would get smacked. At this time, Arizona won't elect a LGBT person on a state level. If you come back to me in ten years, I might say meh, just because of the rising hispanic population that will eventually swing the state blue. The best chance we got to actually give Jeff Flake a run for his money is Gabby Gifford's husband.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2019, 12:17:47 AM »

Sinema would get smacked. At this time, Arizona won't elect a LGBT person on a state level. If you come back to me in ten years, I might say meh, just because of the rising hispanic population that will eventually swing the state blue. The best chance we got to actually give Jeff Flake a run for his money is Gabby Gifford's husband.

Sad! But I stand by that Gifford's husband is the strongest candidate for 2020 now.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2019, 05:45:30 PM »

These are my Midterm predictions.
2018 House Results: R+2
2018 Senate Results: R+7
In the house, I’m predicting the Republicans to have a net gain of 2, due to Republicans flipping 10 Democratic districts (MN-01, MN-07, MN-08, NH-01, NV-03, PA-17, AZ-01, WI-03, IA-02, and IL-17), and Democrats flipping 8 Republican districts (CA-49, CA-25, CA-10, CO-06, TX-23, VA-10, FL-26, and FL-27). Meanwhile, in the senate, I’m predicting the Republicans to have a net gain of 7, due to flipping 7 Democratic Senate seats (WV, IN, MO, ND, MT, OH, and FL).

Maximum of 15, maybe 27ish on a spectacular night
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2019, 08:33:15 PM »

This is a question for the whole of Atlas.

Who do you think is going to win the race?

We have spent a lot of time talking about how bad the candidates are, but no time figuring out which one is more likely to win. It is a heavily split race.

Mercado Kim will win, probably by a large margin, Chin will finish second, and Fukumoto will finish third. Ing is a corrupt joke candidate supported primarily by edgy teens on the internet, although I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he might beat out Ed Case for the coveted fourth place.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2019, 09:20:14 PM »

These are my Midterm predictions.
2018 House Results: R+2
2018 Senate Results: R+7
In the house, I’m predicting the Republicans to have a net gain of 2, due to Republicans flipping 10 Democratic districts (MN-01, MN-07, MN-08, NH-01, NV-03, PA-17, AZ-01, WI-03, IA-02, and IL-17), and Democrats flipping 8 Republican districts (CA-49, CA-25, CA-10, CO-06, TX-23, VA-10, FL-26, and FL-27). Meanwhile, in the senate, I’m predicting the Republicans to have a net gain of 7, due to flipping 7 Democratic Senate seats (WV, IN, MO, ND, MT, OH, and FL).

Ironically, TX-23 didn't even flip.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2019, 02:46:30 PM »

Am I the only one who actually agrees with Blum being over Comstock?
No, I agree that ancestral democratic districts with high white populations are the most likely to flip.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »

Context: Strongest GOP incumbents.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2019, 04:03:24 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2019, 04:14:22 PM by Senator Mike Braun »

Re: What states will be won by a margin of less than 10%?

This thread

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=240576.msg5154202#msg5154202
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2019, 09:56:11 PM »

Am I the only one who actually agrees with Blum being over Comstock?
No, I agree that ancestral democratic districts with high white populations are the most likely to flip.

>calling iowa 1st ancestrally D.

Its been D since dukkakis but it only had a D rep for like 8 years since 88 to 2018.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2019, 03:33:12 PM »

No. Not in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island or Delaware either.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2019, 11:38:55 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=90632.msg2045987#msg2045987

In 2009.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2019, 10:21:47 PM »

Congratulations Governor of Virginia Justin Fairfax.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2019, 05:43:57 PM »

In fairness, that would have been a near Universal belief in that period between the Northram blackface scandal hitting the news and Fairfax's sexual assault history becoming public.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies